Nederland 30 Port Neches-Groves 27/Final

WOSgrad

Not even done with the season and everyone is ready to get rid of BF..smh. I'm sure some adolescent, immature adults went and put for sale signs in his front yard. I know they were talking about it where I was sitting.  Really ashamed of PNG fans right now. Instead of supporting the team and coaches who I assure you are a lot more upset than we are, let's just end the season here. And whoever said that the coaches don't understand because their not from here and it's just another game to them...I call BS on that. They have to treat this as another game. There's so much hype that goes along with it, I'm sure it's hard to keep the players focused on the bottom line. Let's go take it out on Ozen, Central and Vidor. 

True Story! 

Last night PNG's LB #2 happens to see his coach in the fetal position sucking his thumb! So he runs over there an asked coach Klein(BF) you okay? He said i'm sorry i can't do it, coach Red Beaulieu(LN) stole my man hood. #2 asks what do you mean and how did this happen? He said it started 7 years ago when coach Red Beaulieu(LN) and I were coaching together.  I was a play calling machine and coach Red was jealous of my success. So one night after a game he came and confronted me and took my little red play book. He then took a job somewhere "i didn't know of" and turned that program around. Then when I transferred to Port Neches, i had no idea i would be facing him across the side lines once a year. So now when I face him I don't have a clue of what to do!  #2 says that's ridiculous, look coach you have a chance now to prove yourself, its 2 and goal from the 7, what do we do? Okay, EVERYBODY ON ME! Were going to double pump and triple fake a pass QB sneak.. NO NO were going to do a double reverse! (That has to develop 10 yards in the back field). Got it? Lets do it! As #17 and the offense says, with a confused look, okay i guess.  After the play, back to the fetal position he went and #2 just walked away!  

BEST POST EVER!!!!!

Not even done with the season and everyone is ready to get rid of BF..smh. I'm sure some adolescent, immature adults went and put for sale signs in his front yard. I know they were talking about it where I was sitting.  Really ashamed of PNG fans right now. Instead of supporting the team and coaches who I assure you are a lot more upset than we are, let's just end the season here. And whoever said that the coaches don't understand because their not from here and it's just another game to them...I call BS on that. They have to treat this as another game. There's so much hype that goes along with it, I'm sure it's hard to keep the players focused on the bottom line. Let's go take it out on Ozen, Central and Vidor. 

Thats the Participant Ribbon attitude we do not need to ever take in Port Neches or Groves... 

ever lived in West Texas?  Im pretty sure BF has seen For Sale signs a time or two before, I know I have, it aint just a movie thing. 

totally agree the is not a season ending loss still a lot of football to be played and Faircloth will make the adjustments...I still see PNG making a deep playoff run

respectfully, we kick y'all's asrd every year with less talented kids.

I hope the PNG school board continues to back Faircloth and allow us to keep the trophy here.

probably should be ashamed of your coaching. 

It it is not just another game.

Thats the Participant Ribbon attitude we do not need to ever take in Port Neches or Groves... 

palyers blamig themselves and everyone blaming the coach. You must have not read the article on how close BF and Morse are. So now you want to put their coaches job on their shoulders to. Wait till the end of the season and stop with all the discord in the middle of the season. It's called Community support! You want to fire the coach now?

always the naysayers that post stuff like this, but what have you actually done? Are you a member of the Athletic Booster? Do you go to the coaches meetings? 

You're setting yourself up for disappointment....

I have seen these groups from png and nederland battle since 7th grade. It is always a fight except that 9th grade game I believe. I try to block it out. I know this is gonna make some people mad, but the horses are not there for png to be world beaters. Don't get me wrong, they are a solid setx football team. Very capable of winning district or finishing 2nd. They have some buzz saws sittin just west of the trinity waiting on the first round. It is a cycle people. You have a coach at png that is good to his kids and they love him. He make make some bad calls, but I promise some of you would not make the calls 100 percent of the time. Be careful what you wish for because you could run him off and get something much much worse. Any one remember Bobby august. Neumann is the top of the class in our district. No doubt about that, but be realistic, are you gonna win state every year?  It seems to me that yes that is the ultimate goal for all teams, but only 1 can do it. Support your team and see what happens. Parents that bash a coach to their kids create a hostile and untrusting attitude within the team you support. Fairclothe is not the only dist coach that Neumann owns. He is just at the top of the list this week

Without having any knowledge of what actually happened, my opinion is that play calling was "horrible" only because it wasn't executed correctly.. On the double reverse if they would have scored a td then fairclothe would be a genius right now.. That's how it always is on almost every game.... As my coaches always told us, every single play is designed to score a touchdown if it is executed correctly. In such a crucial play like the one last night, the coach has to make a tough decision on whether to keep it simple and do something that is expected, or try to catch them off guard.. 

PNG is still a great team and hopefully players can keep their confidence in their coach!

I think most of the NDN fans support the team more than ever. Heck, probably more because of the coaching. We are just tired of the same ole dog and pony show. See what I did there....And, contrary to popular believe, it is not just this game, although it ranks up there in the top. I have been lucky to be close to a lot of the players for the past 7 years because my kids have been going there and playing sports. The issues with BF run a lot deeper, not going to go there now. I have tried to give him the benefit of the doubt because he has really been learning the ropes with us as a head coach. He's set up a good system, I'll give him that. Well except a defensive philosophy. But there comes a point in time that you have to reflect and try to understand what is going on. Last night that reflection confirmed many peoples concerns, if they haven't been confirmed already. To air all that out here is probably not the best place or time. After the season maybe we can talk more. Right now, for the kids sake, we should focus on supporting them and pushing to finish the district without a loss. Then focus on Crosby, because that is where we probably will be heading. I for one do not want another 1 and done scenario

probably should be ashamed of your coaching. 

It it is not just another game.

We all know it's the Game of Games for the Midcounty teams. Before the season started, the PNG board had goals for next year. I posted all I wanted was to beat Nederland. Didn't happen, but I'm not giving up on coaches or team. The coaches did prepare,  we did see plays we hadn't seen in previous games. We did see a D that was ready for Krautz. We also saw mistakes. Neumann wouldn't have won coach of the year the first half of the game either. How about the Indians coming back the 2nd half? BF got us right back up there. We gave up a big play to #10 and that clinched it. A 3 point win against BF in the last seconds of the game(whose apparently the worst coach a team could have) that would have me a little scared come playoff time. 

The main thing I saw last night was two great teams going at each other for FOUR quarters. Not 1, not 2 and not 3. They played the full 48 minutes. 

I've thought about this and that from the game and I have blamed this and that in my head but what it comes down to is there were two seconds left on the clock and Nederland kicked a field goal to win an amazing game. 

Once again both schools should be very proud of the teams that stepped on the field to represent their communities. Sucks there has to be a loser but the streak had nothing to do with last night's game. Last night's game is what mattered and in the end the Bulldogs made the plays when they had the ball last. It happens at every level.