Nederland 30 Port Neches-Groves 27/Final

WOSgrad

But I'm sure if you make BFs little meeting on whatever day it is he will tell you how great he is and that his plays work x amount of the time...... He might even throw out a percentage..... Tell him I have one for him 0 for your last 6.......

#coachdontknow

HAHA.....we might need to start a new thread about BF. You know the most troubling part of this whole game is really how our coaching staff feels about it. Nobody on our varsity staff is from PNG, this game doesn't mean as much to them as it does people from the area. Not saying they don't want to win but have heard that to them this is just another game and could lose it every year so long as they make the playoffs. 

First thing, it is hard to see any team lose when they played like png did tonight. I know it sucks to lose a rivalry game but they played hard. I was impressed with how png came back. Hats off to the dogs. They seem to always find a way to win. Fischer had some huge catches, but officials seemed to keep png in the game. It looked bad from my view. Maybe the replay will show it different. Good job dogs. Now go get you some of baytown lee

First thing, it is hard to see any team lose when they played like png did tonight. I know it sucks to lose a rivalry game but they played hard. I was impressed with how png came back. Hats off to the dogs. They seem to always find a way to win. Fischer had some huge catches, but officials seemed to keep png in the game. It looked bad from my view. Maybe the replay will show it different. Good job dogs. Now go get you some of baytown lee

Can someone please teach these officials what pass interference is. Mayfield made a great read on Giblins pass route and then become the route runner and had perfect position on the ball. In fact Giblin pushed him in the back to prevent the int and they called it on Mayfield. Mayfield were not mad at you keep doing your thing! We will eventually come across an official who knows the rule. I hope!!!!!

Great overall game by the Bulldogs. I am a PNG fan, played for PNG when I was in HS, but im also a realist. Nederland owns the rivalry game and its not even close. Yeah it turned out to be a close game, but hell they all end up fairly close. The difference is Nederland finds a way to win and it starts with their coach and coaching staff. I am glad we didn't quit and kept playing hard till the last whistle but its hard to consider this much of a rivalry game when in the last what 24 years or something we have only won 6-7 times. To win football games also you cant have bone head Personal Fouls at the end of the game. Say what you want about Burnett but if we got a PF, we were held accountable for it. Seems like Faircloth has no control over this and has been a problem since his been here.

Now , off that horse, we need to get back on track and play hard the rest of the schedule. We have three teams left with playoffs on the line for all three of them.

That is what I heard some PNG fans say when Nederland lost 15 straight and only managed a tie in 20 years. 

It runs in cycles and will do so again. 

Congrats Ned! Dogs should win out the rest of district.

Both teams need to do some serious cleaning up before playoffs.Dogs should have taken advantage of us the 1st half. We couldn't even snap a ball right. 

How about that 4 and 31. How does that even happen?

Good 2nd half game. Proud of the players for not giving up and getting back in it. We need to start like that. Can't take half of   a game to settle in and get clicking.  Defense did better than I thought they would with #22. Can't give up the big plays though.

Proud to be a Indian! Don't hang your head! We should win out district to. Who knows...GCM could get Nederland and we end up Co Champs. 

Sometimes high school football isn't hard to figure out. I picked PNG to win district because of what they brought back and what Ned lost.

After PNG lost to WOS by 14 and Ned lost to Crosby and Dayton by a combined 31, I said Ned would be the undefeated district champ. 

Congrats Ned, looks y'all will win your fourth undefeated district championship in 5 years. Y'all might as well go watch New Caney vs KP tomorrow at Turner to scout your bi-district opponent. 

Cougar14.2 did tell me Ned would go undefeated in district and I didn't believe him, guess I was wrong.  Does BigDog have any of those ribbons left ?  Dayton needs about 31 of them.

Sometimes high school football isn't hard to figure out. I picked PNG to win district because of what they brought back and what Ned lost.

After PNG lost to WOS by 14 and Ned lost to Crosby and Dayton by a combined 31, I said Ned would be the undefeated district champ. 

Congrats Ned, looks y'all will win your fourth undefeated district championship in 5 years. Y'all might as well go watch New Caney vs KP tomorrow at Turner to scout your bi-district opponent. 

Playing Crosby first really helped us grow up and prepare us for what we are now accomplishing. Cougars D is the best we have seen so far this year. Nice win tonight Dogs and hats off to PNG for not quitting and coming  back.

Ok, here's my take on the game.

1. First half was extremely sloppy for both offenses.

2. Faircloth was waaaay too conservative in the 1st half except going for 2 after first TD which was a big head scratcher.

3. LeBaron played a very good game and the 2 INT on the stat sheet were extremely unlucky. A WR fell down and then a fluke bounce off defender on ground in endzone.

4. PNG scouted Ned well and was determined not to let 22 Krautz and 6 Perkins beat them, but 28 Leleux and 10 Fisher stepped up big time!

6. Ned played a flawless 3rd quarter. PNG played a great 4th quarter. PNG offense was on fire late in game.

7. Ned kicker had an awesome game

8. #27 Wistner for Ned is a soph and the next really good player on Ned D. Watch and see the next 2 years.

9. Ned defense is extremely underrated. PNG defense is good as well.

10. There were very questionable calls all night long.

All in all, another great MCM game and exciting finish. #6inarow

Edited by jake94