Nederland 30 Port Neches-Groves 27/Final

WOSgrad

Speaking of flags, that Big Ned flag is flying g once again over the PN and groves police stations, time ever to move on, we all got more business to handle.  Nederland focused on anorthern undefeated district championship.  Gonna love having Memorial join the party next year, need new meat

all I gotta say is: Be careful what you wish for, I know all about it. ;)

The best Rivalry between Odessa and Midland, Vs the Ned and PN-G game will never be agreed on by many but as Nation said we fill both sides up every year regardless if one team is down, that is not the case with West Texas is it?  Plus they don't live across the street from each other our rivalry last a heck of a lot longer than the game, it starts two weeks before the game and because Indians and Bulldogs work on the job with each other it last all year long, We go to church with each other, go out to eat with each other, we even like each other. Of course when MCM comes along we both get serious. That is not the case with West Texas is it? Also I've been to all the Bulldog playoffs dating back into the 50's and I have been to a whole lot of the Indians playoff games (all but one in 75), and I can not recall any of ours or the Indians opponents that out did us in attendance(not even close) Bottom line I think we have the best rivalry in Texas because proximity to each other is so unique, and I wouldn't trade what we (Indians and Bulldogs have for anything else in Texas.

Personally I hope we stay in 21-6A, but I totally understand the advantages of being in a local district, it certainly wouldn't be a bad thing. 

plus Neumann getting old, he needs some last hoorahs, bringing back PA where he coached would revive him a little bit, these old PN, Vidor, Central rivalry games are getting OLD

Edited by NDOMAKONG

Yes TJ was PN-G's first true rival.

If you count that Port Neches (later PNG) played Nederland 25 times before the Port Neches and Port Arthur (later TJ) varsities ever played a game and that Port Neches beat Nederland 30 years before they ever beat the PA varsity, I guess you could consider them the "first" big rival. 

anim_lol.gif

Seems like Nederland would have been the rival, having played us since 1925.

So if PAM comes on the scene next year, who will they rival up with? the BMT schools?

Someone also posted a video of the Red Hussars. Shame all that went away.

no one, it'll only be a 2yr vacation from 21-6A.

Yes TJ was PN-G's first true rival.

I respectfully disagree.  TJ from the beginning utill about 70 or so was wayyy above us and PNG with those great teams of the 20/30/40/50/and 60s.

However in the late 60s and early 70s you have TJ with Mayer, Lincoln with Lil Joe and PNG with the Jet 7 to  73. Clayton in 73/74 from Ned.

I always remember us and PNG

TJ went down the tube from 73 till Dodge in 80s Then closed at some point