Nederland 30 Port Neches-Groves 27/Final

WOSgrad

True story.  MCM is the best we have here and is a fantastic rivalry game for sure.  Permian-Lee is like MCM on steroids. 

Nope its not---take a look at the stands in the video. Half empty and it was OP'S homecoming. The Panthers stands were a little more filled. Maybe it was back in the day. We fill the stands EVERY year. Packed.

This is the hidden content, please

Nope its not---take a look at the stands in the video. Half empty and it was OP'S homecoming. We fill the stands EVERY year.

In a near 18K stadium Permian side was almost full, Lee didn't bother to show up this yr surprisingly, probably due to them being un-Lee like/ppl putting for-sale signs and animal parts up on yards. I bet the week leading up to the game was interesting though as always. 

In a near 18K stadium Permian side was almost full, Lee didn't bother to show up this yr surprisingly, probably due to them being un-Lee like/ppl putting for-sale signs and animal parts up on yards. I bet the week leading up to the game was interesting though as always. 

45-0 wasn't much of a game. Really want to go see that stadium, and a game. (always happens after I watch the movie, I get obsessed):) I always get told "It'll pass"..lol

I will say one thing about MCM, both teams have great sportsmanship.

Edited by NDNation

45-0 wasn't much of a game. Really want to go see that stadium, and a game. (always happens after I watch the movie, I get obsessed):) I always get told "It'll pass"..lol

I will say one thing about MCM, both teams have great sportsmanship.

Permian is the craziest fanbase I ever sat with for hs football, they're nuts! Wear earplugs. Seriously wear earplugs if you attend one of their bigtime matchups out in that area. 

Nope its not---take a look at the stands in the video. Half empty and it was OP'S homecoming. The Panthers stands were a little more filled. Maybe it was back in the day. We fill the stands EVERY year. Packed.

I've been to a couple of games at Ratliff, and a quarterfinal game at Jones Stadium between the two in 1991 (with Mojo on their way to another title).  There were between 35 and 40k at that game - more than some of Tech's games that year.  I've experienced both and love the MCM, but I've never seen anything like the Panthers/Rebels at the HS level. 

I will say that the Reservation is a place folks who love HS football should have on their bucket list.  Great environment and facility.  Your fans are a lot less rabid than the Permian folks and I mean that in a good way.

I could almost always pick out an Odessa guy when I was in West Texas.  I think they all must fight as a requirement growing up.  Almost always tough as nails and looking for a reason to hit somebody, even when they were out of school.  

I will say that the Reservation is a place folks who love HS football should have on their bucket list.  Great environment and facility.  Your fans are a lot less rabid than the Permian folks and I mean that in a good way.

I could almost always pick out an Odessa guy when I was in West Texas.  I think they all must fight as a requirement growing up.  Almost always tough as nails and looking for a reason to hit somebody, even when they were out of school.  

Yeah, ours is more of friendly rivalry. No dead animals or anything like that involved..lol. Ratliff Stadium is on my bucket list for sure. I've spent the better part of the day reading about OP (watched FNL last night..lol) Epitome of Texas HS FB. They have a nice virtual museum. PNG is in the 70's section. Nice to be a part of their history.

Yeah, ours is more of friendly rivalry. No dead animals or anything like that involved..lol. Ratliff Stadium is on my bucket list for sure. I've spent the better part of the day reading about OP (watched FNL last night..lol) Epitome of Texas HS FB. They have a nice virtual museum. PNG is in the 70's section. Nice to be a part of their history.

the first and only "Mecca"…… ..lol

Speaking of flags, that Big Ned flag is flying g once again over the PN and groves police stations, time to move on, we all got more business to handle.  Nederland focused on anorther undefeated district championship.  Gonna love having Memorial join the party next year, need new meat

Edited by NDOMAKONG