Enrollment numbers

I mean kids enrolled in an athletics class...not kids on a team.  You can't cut a kid from athletics class.  It's a class.

And I'm sure there could be loop holes, as with everything.  But I also know that just because a school has 1000 students does not mean they have more kids to choose from than a school with 600 students.  

I mean kids enrolled in an athletics class...not kids on a team.  You can't cut a kid from athletics class.  It's a class.

And I'm sure there could be loop holes, as with everything.  But I also know that just because a school has 1000 students does not mean they have more kids to choose from than a school with 600 students.  

Maybe not football, but all other sports cut kids from class all of the time if they don't make the team.

Cy-Fair already has 10 6A high school programs with more to open shortly which will require either a return to the old Zone system or dividing them up between two districts.  It only makes sense to move Cy-Fair to Region II (which they've been in in the past) with more DFW teams moving to Region I.  If Fort Bend and Pearland continue to grow like they have been then they will eventually have to spread into Region IV.  I see no reason why Katy would move out of Region III.

It's a shame that school districts and current taxpayers are at the mercy of home developers. If you think about it, home builders can put a hurting on alot of people, ie. Katy ISD and Cy-Fair ISD. Those districts are still growing and are already or about to build more high schools. Guess who's paying for all of the schools being built? Not the home builders. I think it's Katy, heck they are at the highest school tax rate you can be at and still can't afford what's being built. Where does it end? Need to push developers to other areas to give those folks some relief.

Cy-Fair already has 10 6A high school programs with more to open shortly which will require either a return to the old Zone system or dividing them up between two districts.  It only makes sense to move Cy-Fair to Region II (which they've been in in the past) with more DFW teams moving to Region I.  If Fort Bend and Pearland continue to grow like they have been then they will eventually have to spread into Region IV.  I see no reason why Katy would move out of Region III.

Once Cy-Fair opens #11 if it is at the 6A level, the district will have to be split up. As of now if they were to be moved to region II, then either the Humble or Spring district will be swapped with them. Region I and II are full. The only teams that are moving down are Highland Park, Denton Ryan, and Midlothian. Possibly also Abilene and Guyer. The schools moving up to replace them are Lufkin, Wylie (Wylie), and a few more. The only way another district can be added would be if Abilene moved down as well as both Amarillos, but neither are close to going down. Region IV is full with San Antonio and the Valley and they are both growing, so there is no chance of a Houston district in that region either.

Within 10 years, UIL is going to have to go away with the 2 to 1 ratio or add 7A and bring all the classes closer to 200 schools each. Houston is growing, but North Dallas is worse than anywhere else in the country. For example besides Frisco, Lovejoy opened up about 10 years ago with less than 1,000 students and now it is close to 2,000. It use to be small enough to merge with Allen, but combined those two are over 7,000 students.

Once Cy-Fair opens #11 if it is at the 6A level, the district will have to be split up. As of now if they were to be moved to region II, then either the Humble or Spring district will be swapped with them. Region I and II are full. The only teams that are moving down are Highland Park, Denton Ryan, and Midlothian. Possibly also Abilene and Guyer. The schools moving up to replace them are Lufkin, Wylie (Wylie), and a few more. The only way another district can be added would be if Abilene moved down as well as both Amarillos, but neither are close to going down. Region IV is full with San Antonio and the Valley and they are both growing, so there is no chance of a Houston district in that region either.

Within 10 years, UIL is going to have to go away with the 2 to 1 ratio or add 7A and bring all the classes closer to 200 schools each. Houston is growing, but North Dallas is worse than anywhere else in the country. For example besides Frisco, Lovejoy opened up about 10 years ago with less than 1,000 students and now it is close to 2,000. It use to be small enough to merge with Allen, but combined those two are over 7,000 students.

Cy-Fair is opening HS #11 in 2016 and HS #12 in 2017

Creating a 7A in Texas would make sense to me. It's crazy that you have a school with 2100 in the same classification as a school with 6000.  

i think whats gonna end up happening down the line is a split, 6AD1, 6AD2, 5AD2 and 5AD1 exactly how they did the lower levels. 

Creating a 7A in Texas would make sense to me. It's crazy that you have a school with 2100 in the same classification as a school with 6000.  

It's going to have to happen sooner rather than later. There still will be a large split,, that is unavoidable unless TEA bans large schools but as of last year there are over 1300 public high schools in UIL. With 20-30 joining every two years, 7A and 200 schools per class will be necessary.

It's going to have to happen sooner rather than later. There still will be a large split,, that is unavoidable unless TEA bans large schools but as of last year there are over 1300 public high schools in UIL. With 20-30 joining every two years, 7A and 200 schools per class will be necessary.

I personally like the idea of a ban on large schools. I don't know what that number would be. Maybe 3000?

I personally like the idea of a ban on large schools. I don't know what that number would be. Maybe 3000?

The schools and the communities decide to do it. The support at Allen is unlike anywhere else at 6A. There aren't that many large schools. 66 over 3,000 and .10 over 4,000. Most have a 9th grade center to lessen the burden. Plano's system I really like with the 2 9-10 high school feeding into 1 11-12 senior high school.

Doubt many bigger schools travel more than Evadale.  Football, two Dist games on the other side of I45.  Girls Vball Dist has a LaMarque school.  I couldn't believe how much when we moved here. 

The Abilene schools, the San Angelo schools, the Amarillo and Lubbock district, Tyler Lee, 6A Corpus Christi and South San Antonio district, Del Rio, SA Southside, and Tornillo that I know of based off of geography.

I talked to an administrative person from Deweyville who told me their number was 209 which would mean Deweyville will definitely go down to 2A.

Newton's number went down last year but back up somewhat this year and so they should stay in the same class.

I heard deweyville at 229 i would like to know the real number who would i ask

The Abilene schools, the San Angelo schools, the Amarillo and Lubbock district, Tyler Lee, 6A Corpus Christi and South San Antonio district, Del Rio, SA Southside, and Tornillo that I know of based off of geography.

I should have clarified, local big (relative term) schools.  For instance, I followed Vidor for many years.  Rarely traveled far to a Dist game.  Evadale's nearest Dist opponent?  Not sure, Colmesneil probably, and they're an hour away (I think - between boys & girls Dist diff, & so many towns I have to stay on mapquest). 

Um actually it does mean they have more kids to choose from. The key is getting those kids INVOLVED in sports.

Um actually it does mean they have more kids to choose from. The key is getting those kids INVOLVED in sports.

It's 100% based on the probability that you have access to more athletes in schools with larger enrollments.  The UIL is not concerned with your ability to get those students to participate.

GCM will have close to 2,300 students. In football they have right at 7% or less participating, but will be 6A. Like every other 11 man program in the state, we just have to find 22 that can play at a high level. That's easier said than done.

The schools and the communities decide to do it. The support at Allen is unlike anywhere else at 6A. There aren't that many large schools. 66 over 3,000 and .10 over 4,000. Most have a 9th grade center to lessen the burden. Plano's system I really like with the 2 9-10 high school feeding into 1 11-12 senior high school.

So the infrastructure is already in place in the case of these mega-6As. In Allen's case,  you could turn those 3 campuses into 3 5As. :-)