Enrollment numbers

Guest ECBucFan

And for the record, EC has never dominated anything other than this area.  Ever.   

You didn't say "dominate the state"...but you didn't say "dominate the area" either.

No, thats exactly what YOU said. Isn't it? You can't even get your OWN WORDS straight. There is some truth for you to deal with,   

Just a hater in general. Dont get him started. And why is it that almost every thread I have seen him post in, he somehow wiggles in how WOS isnt State relevant anymore? Really man? We dont have to talk the talk. Just go look at all the polls, media outlets. Yes, were very relevant.

The real success story for WOS...or any other setx team as of late is because of UIL.  Had the UIL left the teams in similar regions WOS never gets to state. Last year or this year.  Yeah I think they'll go again...but who else possibly could out of that joke of a region.  One of the districts you don't even have to win a game to make the playoffs.  And Newton has the same story.  Dropped a class and finally get out of the region.  I'm not saying it's not good..you can't help who you play..but if the districts remain the same it would've been same ole story.

No, thats exactly what YOU said. Isn't it? You can't even get your OWN WORDS straight. There is some truth for you to deal with,   

And I think it's clear who has the reading comprehension problem.  I did say EC has never dominated anything other than the area.  And I did mean it.  It's so funny that the domination vanishes as soon as they play a team outside the walls of setx.

What HS do you go for if your not a fan of Setx?

I don't "go" for anyone anymore.  I'm old..kids are gone..and just enjoy football.  Every level...well...high school and up.  My kids went to CenTex schools and I bounced around North Texas a bit.  But I've lived/worked all over the state...and I truly mean it when I say setx is well behind.  In many areas of education.  I enjoy living down here for 3 reasons.  Saltwater fishing, duck hunting, and food.  I think setx is the best on those 3 qualities.  Compared to anywhere I've been anyway.

I'm just trying to incorporate some of what I've seen/experienced with the area to put y'all back on an even playing field.  This area hasn't been relevant in football since the oil booms.  Time to change because those days are gone.

The real success story for WOS...or any other setx team as of late is because of UIL.  Had the UIL left the teams in similar regions WOS never gets to state. Last year or this year.  Yeah I think they'll go again...but who else possibly could out of that joke of a region.  One of the districts you don't even have to win a game to make the playoffs.  And Newton has the same story.  Dropped a class and finally get out of the region.  I'm not saying it's not good..you can't help who you play..but if the districts remain the same it would've been same ole story.

And I think it's clear who has the reading comprehension problem.  I did say EC has never dominated anything other than the area.  And I did mean it.  It's so funny that the domination vanishes as soon as they play a team outside the walls of setx.

I don't "go" for anyone anymore.  I'm old..kids are gone..and just enjoy football.  Every level...well...high school and up.  My kids went to CenTex schools and I bounced around North Texas a bit.  But I've lived/worked all over the state...and I truly mean it when I say setx is well behind.  In many areas of education.  I enjoy living down here for 3 reasons.  Saltwater fishing, duck hunting, and food.  I think setx is the best on those 3 qualities.  Compared to anywhere I've been anyway.

I'm just trying to incorporate some of what I've seen/experienced with the area to put y'all back on an even playing field.  This area hasn't been relevant in football since the oil booms.  Time to change because those days are gone.

I agree, Setx is behind and it could be a lot better 

I am definitely not going to give his name up. I could care less if EC fudges the numbers or not. They have a great program for "our area" regardless of whether they are classified as 3a or 4a for that matter. However, when you get outside of area competition, we "southeast" Texas get rolled every year and have for the last 30 years of my highschool football comprehension.

EC BucFan - You have never heard anybody from Hardin complain about your "town size". We could care less about your demographics. Go win a state championship or at least get to the Regional Finals so we can brag about something.

All we have to brag about is our 1980's girls basketball State domination (back to back to back), oh and we're not too shabby at girls volleyball either.

100% true. The majority of the new homes being built in Baytown are in the GCM attendance zones (area near I-10). GCM is currently at 117% of it's capacity. They have 14 portable classrooms.

Most of the new elementary schools have been built in the GCM attendance zone. Highlands Junior High (GCM's primary feeder school) is at or near capacity. HJS is a brand new, replacement building and they have at least 6 portable classrooms already.

They can balance the numbers by shifting kids to REL (who is way below capacity) from RSS and moving some of the GCM kids back to RSS. However, it looks like GCM and RSS will both be 6A no matter what they do.

HJS is probably still over capacity and thats after they rezoned kids to Gentry for this year.  I have no doubt GCM will be 6A very very shortly. Every where I look out my back door there is 2 new neighborhoods being built.

Guest ECBucFan

EC BucFan - You have never heard anybody from Hardin complain about your "town size". We could care less about your demographics. Go win a state championship or at least get to the Regional Finals so we can brag about something.

WRONG, WRONG, AND WRONG.  Either put up or shut up. Name the name. I know you won't because YOU CAN'T.

Of course he can't. We all know any jackwaggon can say anything they want on a web site. That's why rule #1 is 'reader beware'. He's a Hardin fan, one of the worst football programs in Texas football history. What would you expect. EC 65 H 6 and that's being kind.

Listen to this clown, Hardin "one of the worse football programs" in the state of Texas. Such a profound statement! How many state championships does EC have? Same as Hardin? Hmmmm.

hello Folks, welcome to EC, where 20th place in the state is considered dominance and or relevance. What a clown!

Guest ECBucFan

That also describes oldFOOL2. He hides behind a generic screen name, and won't tell what almighty school he from (or supports). The only thing he can do is namelessly hide behind a keyboard and throw rocks at SETX programs. Then, after blasting way, he falls back on "I could care less" when confronted. What a pathetic little coward.    

Listen to this clown, Hardin "one of the worse football programs" in the state of Texas. Such a profound statement! How many state championships does EC have? Same as Hardin? Hmmmm.

hello Folks, welcome to EC, where 20th place in the state is considered dominance and or relevance. What a clown!

Hardin, one playoff win in what, 70+ years of football? Enjoy the game tonight...lol

That also describes oldFOOL2. He hides behind a generic screen name, and won't tell what almighty school he from (or supports). The only thing he can do is namelessly hide behind a keyboard and throw rocks at SETX programs. Then, after blasting way, he falls back on "I could care less" when confronted. What a pathetic little coward.    

Awe...are we throwing a fit?  Takes a real class act to resort to name calling.  Oh well...that's about par for the course I guess.  You've been on here crying ever since someone said EC lies about enrollment.

Im not going to continue this pissing contest with you.  To be honest I feel my IQ dropping from even reading your stupidity.

But I will leave you with this. Setx football is a joke to the rest of the state (accept south Texas).  So..EC dominates setx..no question. Congrats. You're  the best team...in an area that includes the worst football in existence.  10-0 or not...teams are going to be drooling when they play your district come playoffs. Yes..even EC.

• 2 weeks later...

So snapshot #'s come out this week, how long before we hear anything and when do they determine the cutoffs?

If I remember correctly, the new cutoff #s are not released by UIL until maybe the 1st week of Feb?  Maybe someone else can confirm that.  All we will know for sure this week is what everyone is turning in as their official snapshot #.  Then the guessing game will last from now until Feb.

That's what I figured. I've been trying to work out the various rumors and see how things might fit. It will be easier to speculate on a picture once we have some official numbers.

I hear ya.  And just for the record, I still don't believe GCM went up by 350 kids in 2 years so you guys might not be going anywhere.  Like I said before, I'll believe it when I see it.

I hear ya.  And just for the record, I still don't believe GCM went up by 350 kids in 2 years so you guys might not be going anywhere.  Like I said before, I'll believe it when I see it.

Well I wish you were right but I heard the number 2165 directly from a principal at the begining of the year. Hopefully we've expelled a few non-athletes since then. lol.

Im sure there are a few schools around here that would wish WOS would "lie" and turn in about another 500 kids to get back to 5A #s. LOL!! If my mind serves me right, when I graduated('99) we had right around 1k or 980 enrollment.

I think we had something like 1200 maybe a few more when graduated there.

If I remember correctly, the new cutoff #s are not released by UIL until maybe the 1st week of Feb?  Maybe someone else can confirm that.  All we will know for sure this week is what everyone is turning in as their official snapshot #.  Then the guessing game will last from now until Feb.

it was in feb last year probably this time as well       deweyville at 207 as of last friday that may just drop us

So snapshot #'s come out this week, how long before we hear anything and when do they determine the cutoffs?

If they are doing the same thing as last time, UIL should announce cutoff numbers in late November early December. If you know the number then you should be able to figure out the division then. I do not remember if they listed the schools in each division at that time or waited until the districts were announced in February.

lol..  Why are you getting defensive?  I said I wasn't accusing.  To be honest...I could care less.  I hope they are fudging the number.  At least that would mean they are trying to win..more so than a lot of the teams in the area in that aspect.  But I doubt they are...because just like much of setx, they don't really know how things are around the state.

And I'm not from Hardin, but I do at least understand that Winnie probably has businesses that other small schools don't because of Interstate 10.  If that makes you feel any better.

And for the record, EC has never dominated anything other than this area.  Ever.  

Disclaimer: Please forgive me y'all, I thought it might be fun to pour a little gasoline on this fire....LOL (I could be wrong)

In regards to never dominating anything other than this area ever, actually they have. Girls basketball 1939-1954, the HSGBLT (High School Girls Basketball League of Texas). The HSGBLT held a state tournament in Waco and Hillsboro and crowned a girls basketball state champion in the era before the UIL began holding a girls basketball playoff and crowning a state champion. From 1939 to 1952 there were no classifications., one tournament for all schools regardless of size. In 1953 and 1954 there were 2 classifications, 1A for big schools, 2A for small schools,

The following quote taken from a website www.drbillywilbanks.com chronicling the history of girls basketball in the state before the UIL took over the sport:

“East Chambers was the most successful girls team at the HSGBLT from 1939-1954 making the 16-team state tournament 8 consecutive years from 1947-1953.

The Buccaneers were state champs in 1947 & 1953 (2A), finished 2ndin 1949 (losing in sudden death OT to Seagoville), 3rd in 1948 & 1950, and won the consolation title in 1946, 1951 & 1952.

The Buccaneers had at least one player on the All State Tournament Team every year from 1946-1953 and had a 32-6 record at state from 1946-1953.

East Chambers finished 45-0 in 1947 as the win in the final marked the team's 45th consecutive victory”

It may not be football or recent but it was something.

Edited by oldbuc77
clarification