Enrollment numbers

abilene wylie?  Lol

Abilene Wylie has a LONG history of their enrollment numbers just BARELY being below the 4A/3A cutoff number (now 5A/4A) with conspiracy theorists saying it's due to their coach of 35+ years Hugh Sandifer having close ties with the UIL and having a lot of input into realignments as president of the THSCA. Highland Park  the same one classification up but more because of all the money in that district. Money talks. This was the first realignment since the 1970's or early 80's I think that Highland Park was put in the largest classification. They're usually one or two students below the cutoff. That's what he meant.

And WOS won't be dropping anytime soon if ever unless the city of Orange gets destroyed by another hurricane. We'd be much larger than we are if it weren't for the two punch of Rita then Ike.

Edited by Goblin

Abilene Wylie has a LONG history of their enrollment numbers just BARELY being below the 4A/3A cutoff number (now 5A/4A) with conspiracy theorists saying it's due to their longtime superintendents close ties with the UIL. Highland Park  the same one classification up but more because of all the money in that district. Money talks. This was the first realignment since the 1970's or early 80's I think that Highland Park was put in the largest classification. They're usually one or two students below the cutoff. That's what he meant.

i know, I used to live in Abilene, I know all about it ;)

Think its a little more than ties with the UIL. 

This could be an interesting year for this snapshot. with PAM hanging close to the 5a numbers it could be a total realignment for this area down here. Not sure hoe it would effect our other 5a district on the other side of the river if it were to happen

be nice to see PA back in the district. I enjoyed playing  TJ and Lincoln