Best Defense in SETX so far this season?

BADSANTA

Gotta go with EC

WOS next Comp level . 

PNG 28.0 vs good teams gotta shut down someone good . 

Crosby  did not shut down vs caliber of comp but I am impressed with the quickness and physicality vs. past. Give you the caveat that if your up a couple tds up it's hard to keep bringing it every play . May be the best when it's one and done. 

I didn't say that.  Basically, I think they defenses that hold offenses to lows should get recognition too.

i hear ya, I just think if you not allowing a bunch of points and winning also you have a good defense, may be a bend but dont break D but a good one. EC right now is a good D along with Calvert, AAW has a good point, they usually have bball scores in 6man, for them to be allowing only 5pts a game is crazy. 

I think we should look at the defenses that allows the least amount of average or total offensive yards.  That seems like a good in game defense...

Well, as soon as you come up with a website that has accurate yardage for all teams, then we can discuss who has the best defensive teams. Until then, I will go off points allowed.

To me this is a tough one to judge.  East chambers has a awesome defense for the level they play. Could they shut down  top 4a,5a, school if they were to play in the preseason games. Really this should be broken down by best defense in your class.. Otherwise there are arguments all over the place lol.

To me this is a tough one to judge.  East chambers has a awesome defense for the level they play. Could they shut down  top 4a,5a, school if they were to play in the preseason games. Really this should be broken down by best defense in your class.. Otherwise there are arguments all over the place lol.

Agreed

Its irrelevant if they could or couldnt match up with a 4A or 5A squad ,  you know why ? Because they are 3A !!! Their d is balling on a 3A level and that is all that matters . They won 11 games last year and went 3 rounds the furthest (i think ) in their schools history . With i think 16 starters back i see them at least going 4 deep if not 5 i think they can make more noise than last year and their d is even better than last years . I know its still a little early so we will see . As far as the D is concerned right now thet are getting it done in 3A . Im tired of seeing college basketball scores in football , defense has become a lost art .

This kinda of thread always makes me wonder a little. When you have some coaches in the area who will refuse to run up scores and pull there starters so the others have a chance to make a few plays at the end of a game I guess being the best D doesnt matter to them.... Something to think about especially when you are talking about something like ppg. Maybe one TD given up late would be the difference in a ppg consideration. 

This kinda of thread always makes me wonder a little. When you have some coaches in the area who will refuse to run up scores and pull there starters so the others have a chance to make a few plays at the end of a game I guess being the best D doesnt matter to them.... Something to think about especially when you are talking about something like ppg. Maybe one TD given up late would be the difference in a ppg consideration. 

I know you haven't been to any EC games but the starters have rarely play the 4th Qtr.  

I know you haven't been to any EC games but the starters have rarely play the 4th Qtr.  

Sorry that is just a generalization not aimed at any school in particular. I know for a fact some coaches pull some dont. Think a good defense will seperate themselves by seasons end anyways. 

Gotta go with EC

WOS next Comp level . 

PNG 28.0 vs good teams gotta shut down someone good . 

Crosby  did not shut down vs caliber of comp but I am impressed with the quickness and physicality vs. past. Give you the caveat that if your up a couple tds up it's hard to keep bringing it every play . May be the best when it's one and done. 

Crosby held Angleton to a goose egg.

A few weeks ago I would have suggested the Cards to be in the discussion after holding state-ranked Newton and Kirbyville to a combined 34 points.  The 19 they gave up to Lumberton was kinda questionable, but then you see that Ozen gave up 51 points  to Lumberton and the the points BC yielded to Lumberton didn't seem as bad.   The Cards then held Liberty to seven points in the fourth week in a good defensive performance, but last week's 35 points given up to CLEVELAND takes us right out of the conversation.  

Honorable mention goes to Newton fans.  They're by far the most defensive around.  Offensive, too.  

Its irrelevant if they could or couldnt match up with a 4A or 5A squad ,  you know why ? Because they are 3A !!! Their d is balling on a 3A level and that is all that matters . They won 11 games last year and went 3 rounds the furthest (i think ) in their schools history . With i think 16 starters back i see them at least going 4 deep if not 5 i think they can make more noise than last year and their d is even better than last years . I know its still a little early so we will see . As far as the D is concerned right now thet are getting it done in 3A . Im tired of seeing college basketball scores in football , defense has become a lost art .

EC has 19 returning starters, 9 of them on defense.

Crosby held Angleton to a goose egg.

They also held Nederland to 12 offensive points and one TD while they've averaged over 40 for the other three games. Crosby is giving up 267.6ypg and 16.4ppg. 

I agree that's it hard to gauge defenses though. Crosby was beating Humble 33-10 and Humble picked up a bunch of trash yards and 14 points in the last 5 mins on the backups. It was 50-10 after three quarters with GP but they got a safety and scored a late TD with the backups in. Crosby's starting defense is probably giving up single digits and about 200ypg but all 4 quarters count in the books. 

I agree.  They should be compared to how dominant they are at their level.  Just because a great 3A defense couldn't stop a good 5A offense does not mean they shouldn't be considered as one of the best in the area.  That's about like those that throw stones at Crosby for last year's semifinal run being in D2.  Hello, we are the 3rd smallest high school out of 9.

Also, I don't think defense is a lost art.  I just think high schools have figured out how to do more than 3 yards and a cloud of dust.