Teams who could have the biggest turn around from last season?

​I would disagree about Turner being better than Da Butch. Been to both as a spectator and media, Thomas Center is a better stadium/press box than Turner.

Now New Caney ISD Stadium, that one can argue is better. Not as big, but definitely better.

The comparing of a multi team facility to a single team facility is not a fair comparison particularly when one of the multiple teams is a 6A.

Compare Crosby's new stadium to the Babe, then we can have a debate.

Turner and GPISD have 6A teams too, Texan is for two 5A's. I prefer Turner because it has more capacity and covered seating to keep you out of the weather. Texan and the Berry Center are the two best venues in the region IMO. 

I think Crosby will be on par with with BH and Maddry when it's done, still a notch below the others though. 

Turner and GPISD have 6A teams too, Texan is for two 5A's. I prefer Turner because it has more capacity and covered seating to keep you out of the weather. Texan and the Berry Center are the two best venues in the region IMO. 

I think Crosby will be on par with with BH and Maddry when it's done, still a notch below the others though. 

​Turner's press box pales in comparison to Thomas Center, trust me on that one.

​A couple of years ago it was the Summer Creek fans, now it's the Crosby fans...

​i'll say this: SC fans were far worse than any on here, besides SCDawg the rest were pretty much bandwagoners or trolls, they dont even get on the 6A Board. *drops mic* 

As far Crosby I think we can all agree its only one knucklehead that gets on here at times and spouts off jibberish relentlessly and its not Coog02. All fanbases have em, it just so happened that SC had a hell of alot more than any ever on this board, to include Lumberton when they had that one long run in the playoffs. Coog02 is kinda right about Flanigan, I've said the same exact thing he has said. 

​A couple of years ago it was the Summer Creek fans, now it's the Crosby fans...

Your right.  A couple of years ago Summer Creek was backing their talk.  Now it's Crosby.  Wait, recently it's been our whole district dominating 22-5a.  That you certainly can't argue about.  And I'm not talking about back when your grandfathers were playing.

​LOL, Vidor ran for over 400 yards? They had 306 total and rushing, Crosby had 420 and 283 rushing on less than half of the carries Vidor did. I saw your fans at the game with King, Crosby brings nearly that same amount to a scrimmage. There wasn't a seat to be had at the Brenham game in Woodforest stadium, we outnumbered PLC and Cedar Park playing almost 200 miles from the house and probably doubled what PNG had the last time we played them in BH.

Uniforms Soulja? We get those nearly every year. Our new field alone was over 1mil, not to mention the replay board that went up around the same time, not to mention several million more for the bond just passed that's renovating the stadium plus getting us a new field house and gym THAT WE SHARE WITH NOBODY. Our middle school uniforms are as nice as Central's varsity. State of the art stadium? It would rank 4th in our district, not to mention you share it with two other schools. You obviously don't cross the river much. NCISD and Turner blow the Butch out of the water at half the costs.   

And yes we have better coaching, Riordan is 31-8 his first three years on the job. Find a three year span where Central has ever won 31 games. You have a lot to catch up on when it comes to teams outside the Triangle.

How was the fan count when the head to head matchup took place?  I was there, were you?  Our fans outnumbered Crosby that night....  Especially when they started hitting the exits in the middle of the third quarter...

So, is there a problem with sharing a stadium?  I mean, we are a multi team district.  That's not uncommon.

Like I've said, Crosby are known to everyone as the second fiddle to Dayton.  Lol

And yes, I said state of the art....  Especially compared to your stadium.  Now you have confirmation from a person who's frequented both from a media and an unbiased standpoint.  Shoots another one of your asinine notions to pieces.   

By the way, the fieldhouse is in Central's campus and we share it with NO ONE.  

I exaggerated the numbers in vidor, but at the end if the day, there wasnt many times you stopped them as the ran the same play to the left side.  Were ANY of their drives stalled?  Did they punt ONCE that night.

How was the fan count when the head to head matchup took place?  I was there, were you?  Our fans outnumbered Crosby that night....  Especially when they started hitting the exits in the middle of the third quarter...

So, is there a problem with sharing a stadium?  I mean, we are a multi team district.  That's not uncommon.

Like I've said, Crosby are known to everyone as the second fiddle to Dayton.  Lol

And yes, I said state of the art....  Especially compared to your stadium.  Now you have confirmation from a person who's frequented both from a media and an unbiased standpoint.  Shoots another one of your asinine notions to pieces.   

By the way, the fieldhouse is in Central's campus and we share it with NO ONE.  

I exaggerated the numbers in vidor, but at the end if the day, there wasnt many times you stopped them as the ran the same play to the left side.  Were ANY of their drives stalled?  Did they punt ONCE that night.

You actually got me on that, I was in college and didn't actually see the game. I'm not sure why the fans would hit the exits in the third if Crosby was only down 5 points? The final was 35-23 and y'all were crushed the next week by 24 points against Brenham. That game was 11 season ago though. 

Yes Vidor punted that night, they punted ONCE more than Crosby for a total of 4. 

AAW said the press box was nicer. Ask the the other Crosby fans and Dayton which they prefer to watch a game. 

Every 5A program in Houston plays second fiddle to Dayton going to the playoffs 19 years in a row, Crosby has 10 which is the 2nd longest in 5A for SETX. I don't think that's a shot at Crosby. 

Asinine Soulja, is thinking your program is currently on par with Crosby when it comes to anything but kids who can run fast. 

You actually got me on that, I was in college and didn't actually see the game. I'm not sure why the fans would hit the exits in the third if Crosby was only down 5 points? The final was 35-23 and y'all were crushed the next week by 24 points against Brenham. That game was 11 season ago though. 

Yes Vidor punted that night, they punted ONCE more than Crosby for a total of 4. 

AAW said the press box was nicer. Ask the the other Crosby fans and Dayton which they prefer to watch a game. 

Every 5A program in Houston plays second fiddle to Dayton going to the playoffs 19 years in a row, Crosby has 10 which is the 2nd longest in 5A for SETX. I don't think that's a shot at Crosby. 

Asinine Soulja, is thinking your program is currently on par with Crosby when it comes to anything but kids who can run fast. 

I can roll with most of this post.  I'm not gonna lie...except what I have in bold.  The fans that you've gotten your confirmation from are fans from the YOUR district....  Their opinions will be biased...  But you knew that....  

Just to be fair to the Crosby fans, SC never got out of the second round and is currently struggling against schools their size. I believe we have more reason to be optimistic. 

​preach!  But I was labeled a hater when I said it. *imma sip this good tea* ☕

Popcorn out........... Enjoying the show............... Thanks Orville.......

I will say this in nobodys defense... I know Coog02 makes some good points... But I do think Athlete wise, Central can compete with almost anyone.. But I also think the rest is under par.. 

Popcorn out........... Enjoying the show............... Thanks Orville.......

I will say this in nobodys defense... I know Coog02 makes some good points... But I do think Athlete wise, Central can compete with almost anyone.. But I also think the rest is under par.. 

​And to quote myself, we have great facilities, so move a few our way................LOL

After looking at the Pirates preview, they certainly look good for a playoff spot.  I can only imagine how Crosby would love a rematch.  But they'll have to play a heckuva lot better than they did last time or the Pirates may surprise them again. 

He also has more losses than to Crosby than anyone who has coached here has to Ned. 

​Had to break out my hooked on phonics videos to try and decipher that one.....

.............While still eating a bag of popcorn..........................

​Ask and you shall receive...

CROSBY (21-25-0)
1948:   6  Anahuac 13       BD

1955: 32  Woodville 7       BD
          34  Alto 12         Regional
            6  Luling 13       QF

1959: 19  Anahuac 48      BD

1960: 20  Sour Lake 6      BD
          28  Waller 3       Reg.
          30  George West 14       QF
          14  White Oak 6      Semifinal
            0  Albany 20     FINAL-3A

1961:   6  Hull-Daisetta 9       BD

1965:   0  Tidehaven 18       BD

1970:   0  Friendswood 35       BD

1978: 20  Houston King 7      BD

14  Brownwood 28       QF
1984:   0  Jasper 70      BD

1988:   7  West Orange-Stark 35   BD

1989: 21  Port Neches-Groves 41 BD

1990: 30  Athens 28       Area
          19  Bay City 21      Reg.

1998: 26  Houston Jones 21      BD
            7  LaMarque 13      Reg.

1999: 28  Houston Jones 27       BD
          13  LaMarque 36      Reg.

2003: 50  Houston Jeff Davis 28   BD
          14  LaMarque 69       Area

2005: 23  Beaumont Central 35    BD

2006:   0  Dayton 35       BD

2007:   7  Dayton 49       BD

2008: 31  Lumberton 21       BD
          24  Brenham 31       Area

2009: 35  Nederland 29       BD
          31  Montgomery 26       Area
          20  Pearland Dawson 27    Reg.

2010: 25  Nederland 19      BD
          21  Montgomery 42       Area

2011: 20  Vidor 42      BD

2012: 22  Beaumont Ozen 15   BD-ot
          32  Manor 49      Area​​

2013: 49  Port Neches-Groves 28 BD​
          28  Elgin 56     Area​

2014: 41  Beaumont Ozen 24      BD
          36  Port Lavaca 14       Area
          38  Brenham 20       Reg.
          31  Hutto 25        QF
          21  Cedar Park 49     Semifinal​​​​​

​Perennial Powerhouse???

Your right.  A couple of years ago Summer Creek was backing their talk.  Now it's Crosby.  Wait, recently it's been our whole district dominating 22-5a.  That you certainly can't argue about.  And I'm not talking about back when your grandfathers were playing.

​I keep telling you that tides turn and they will turn. The question remains will you still be here then? I am here most of us on here have a real love of highschool sports. Some just football some loves all highschool sports. Win or lose I am here. I truley hope you are. The more real fans the better. I have been on this website for many many years most likely around 9 I think. I have seen literally hundreds of fans pop up when there team is winning and disappear as soon as they lose. The SC fans were some of the worse. I admit we have some PNG fans who pop up on here and tick me off with the crap they say. I even get mad a say dumb things myself but I am always here. I hope you are then as well. The more the better!!!!

​I keep telling you that tides turn and they will turn. The question remains will you still be here then? I am here most of us on here have a real love of highschool sports. Some just football some loves all highschool sports. Win or lose I am here. I truley hope you are. The more real fans the better. I have been on this website for many many years most likely around 9 I think. I have seen literally hundreds of fans pop up when there team is winning and disappear as soon as they lose. The SC fans were some of the worse. I admit we have some PNG fans who pop up on here and tick me off with the crap they say. I even get mad a say dumb things myself but I am always here. I hope you are then as well. The more the better!!!!

It's not a turning tide with SC, they had twice the kids as some of the schools  in the district and capitalized on the circumstance. Now that they have to play kids with twice their enrollment, I think SC is the smallest school in their district now which is part of the reason they're struggling. PNG's squad from last year would've struggled the same way against schools like the Woodlands. 

My first post ever on this site was after we lost to Vidor, my oldest son will play receiver on the freshman team this year, my middle son is 9 and my youngest son is 6. I expect them all to play division 1 football so I'll be here for a while. 

Brenham has lost 5 district games in 11 years I believe, Dayton has been to the playoffs 19 straight, La Marque won multiple titles and played for another with about 750 kids, George Ranch has been the best 5A squad in Houston after only 4 years of existence, Dawson never lost before the 3rd round before they moved up, Stratfors pumped out Andrew Luck and is still rolling, Ridge Point is writing the book on defense, etc. 

The tide turns when your program is inconsistent. It turns when the teams you play against have better players and coaches. Half the powerhouses now didn't exist in 2000. Alvin ISD is about to add two more with Shadow Creek and Manvel making it even harder. 

I fully expect Crosby's program from now on to mirror Brenham's success, but hopefully we win one. 

Edited by coog02

It's not a turning tide with SC, they had twice the kids as some of the schools  in the district and capitalized on the circumstance. Now that they have to play kids with twice their enrollment, I think SC is the smallest school in their district now which is part of the reason they're struggling. PNG's squad from last year would've struggled the same way against schools like the Woodlands. 

My first post ever on this site was after we lost to Vidor, my oldest son will play receiver on the freshman team this year, my middle son is 9 and my youngest son is 6. I expect them all to play division 1 football so I'll be here for a while. 

​And I bet all three act more mature than you do , lol !