22-5A District Predictions 2015

That statement wasn't directed at fans that stick by their teams and stay around even during the down years, just all of the fans that show up when a team is good and disappear when they aren't.  I know that neither one of you are bandwagon fans, but there were a bunch that were around for 2007-08 and then went away.

​Those are probably the ones that moved to PNG and changed screen names.

Doesn't it feel good to get worked up over football in July. Just wait til Nederlands hell week comes Aug 24th - Aug 28th when the cats roll in to the triangle and kennel the dawgs for the 5th time out of 6 chances if you think your fired up now. The 56 that was hung 2 years ago was just a precursor. I'm predicting 70 this time around.   

Doesn't it feel good to get worked up over football in July. Just wait til Nederlands hell week comes Aug 24th - Aug 28th when the cats roll in to the triangle and kennel the dawgs for the 5th time out of 6 chances if you think your fired up now. The 56 that was hung 2 years ago was just a precursor. I'm predicting 70 this time around.   

I think it'll be around 50. I'll be surprised if Ned can get 21. I think Riordan would start subbing at halftime like he normally does if he feels the game is under control. I'm going to be kind of worried if Ned can make it competitive, we should be able to have our way with them but for some reason we don't play or best east of the Trinity. 

Kinda off subject but while shopping in Beaumont(on Calder,after lunch@Richards(btw has live band 3rd thurs of the month=setting up today for tommorrow) I was approached by a youngster(HS)from Ozen wearing a red Ozen basketball teeshirt=Quote we're trying to raise money cause our basketball team no longer has a sponsor.Thought it was kinda strange but in talking to him=he knew who BigCam is,so we chatted a bit & I gave $10 donation for a box of pecan cookies. I wish them success in their quest to this fundraiser

Kinda off subject but while shopping in Beaumont(on Calder,after lunch@Richards(btw has live band 3rd thurs of the month=setting up today for tommorrow) I was approached by a youngster(HS)from Ozen wearing a red Ozen basketball teeshirt=Quote we're trying to raise money cause our basketball team no longer has a sponsor.Thought it was kinda strange but in talking to him=he knew who BigCam is,so we chatted a bit & I gave $10 donation for a box of pecan cookies. I wish them success in their quest to this fundraiser

Great to know that my name can fetch at least $10 Lol  Next time you're in my neck of the woods Tex give me a holla.  I don't know what to think of our District, but I loved what I saw in the young Vidor Team last year. I think Ozen gets 2nd in District

​Come on CougarCal, i am talking Football :)

I guess my name is worth less than $10 on the other side of the Trinity  Lol

Cal, does our District finally get a 1st rd playoff win??

I always say wait until it all plays out and look at the match ups.  Somebody always surprises and to me it depends on who gets in.  I think Crosby and Dayton will be tough outs over here.  King will still have the best QB and RB combo IMO, just want to see what else they have.  The forth spot is up for grabs with KP losing a lot and having a new coach and a much improved New Caney team.  It's going to be a fun year.

​WOW.

I always say wait until it all plays out and look at the match ups.  Somebody always surprises and to me it depends on who gets in.  I think Crosby and Dayton will be tough outs over here.  King will still have the best QB and RB combo IMO, just want to see what else they have.  The forth spot is up for grabs with KP losing a lot and having a new coach and a much improved New Caney team.  It's going to be a fun year.

​I know everyone has opinions.. But I like your thoughts... It takes a special season to advance far.. Players change from year to year. Injuries play a key role in any season. And of course momentum can carry you a while as well. And there is always those dreaded rivalry games where anyone can win. I think every district is a toss up until about week 6. That being said I think Crosby has the best chance as of now to go far, however that can all change within a blink of an eye. I would also think WOS has a chance to make a run as well. But as we all know there will always be a surprise team... And thats usually the one that keeps everyone scratching their heads for a while... But the question remains.... Who will it be???

Disclaimer: #lookingfora2ndroundentrant

Being a Basketball Guy, I've always Loved Football.  My Son has moved on to College Ball, so for the first time in a long time I can watch HS Football without my "Daddy" shades. Ive learned to appreciate the game a lot more from watching these young men give their ALL every weekend. Looking forward to a Great season of Football & Smack Talk. Lots of Talent in our surrounding areas. Hoping 22 5A can make some noise this year.  21 5A looks pretty tough again.  Guys quit being partial, who's gonna get us a playoff win from our District 22 5A???

Being a Basketball Guy, I've always Loved Football.  My Son has moved on to College Ball, so for the first time in a long time I can watch HS Football without my "Daddy" shades. Ive learned to appreciate the game a lot more from watching these young men give their ALL every weekend. Looking forward to a Great season of Football & Smack Talk. Lots of Talent in our surrounding areas. Hoping 22 5A can make some noise this year.  21 5A looks pretty tough again.  Guys quit being partial, who's gonna get us a playoff win from our District 22 5A???

​Vidor

I just wanted to stop and grab a hot dog and a beverage at one of those cookouts on the way to the stadium last time I was there. Heck I felt part of the neighborhood since I basically had to park in someone's living room.  

​LOL. Cal.. If anyone appreciates that comment its us ole PNG guys... You must still have a bit of Purple Blood in you.....

PND is pulling out all the stops.  Pre game reception with the State Champion teams of 53/55 and 75 then half presentation.  Some to speak at the pep rally, like 1995, then a complete weekend of after game party Friday Sat golf turney and huge Sat nite at the Pompano with the coaches (Ethridge 84yrs. Being honored) from the State semi teams of 74/76, State Finalst 77 and State champs AND # 3 in the Nation team of 1975.

I am a fan of Neauman and the experience he and his staff bring to the table along with his pulling a athlete out his a&$$ every year.

PNGs Giblin to commit to UTSA shortly.  Played golf today with some PNG daddy's got a ear full!!!

​Almost certainly, unless they were district champs, Vidor would get the D1 #2 seed and play CE King in the first round. Probably not going to win that one.

With the predictions I posted earlier it would be...

D1 #1 seed  Central vs Humble/Kingwood Park/New Caney

D1 #2 seed Vidor vs CE King

D2 #1 seed PN-G vs Dayton 

D2 #2 seed Ozen vs Crosby 

I would admit that those match-ups are favorable for 21-5A going 3-1 or 2-2. 

Edited by Big Ford

I'm predicting more than 70 Crosby fans as well at the game.

​I've been talking about this team for 2 years now. The '13 squad with the Twins running crazy was potent but we lacked a title caliber defense. This team is deeper with better overall personnel, especially the offensive line, receivers and secondary.

We have a big game against Angleton to open the revamped stadium the week after Ned so I expect a tune-up type effort vs the all out assault Angleton will see the proceeding week. I think Ned is still going to be in trouble from the opening whistle though.