22-5A District Predictions 2015

​UH OH LOL

​could only find one (maybe 2) Central fan on here consistently when they had that debacle over there just a few years ago. ;)

First yr Foreman gets there and they just so happen to win versus Memorial in the final secs then Jag fans came out in full force, funny how ppl magically erase history like it never happened. :)

Tell your coach to call my coach after realignment next year and put us on the schedule.  

Crosby likes to play marquee games in pre-district. Central is a decent squad but they don't rise to the level of a team we would get anything out of playing pre-district. You can't beat Nederland and we already have them on the schedule to go with Angleton who's a squad that would probably crush Central. I can say this though, other than Dayton, Central in '05 and vidor in '11 are the only team from your district to beat Crosby in a playoff game the last 10 years. I guess that's a positive but there's tons of teams better than Central for us to put on the schedule before we go there. 

​They better enjoy the ride while it last, it comes and it goes...

For the teams that have a disadvantage like the SETX squads it does come and go. I know it's hard for some across the river to believe but you can build a consistent winner, does anyone over there think George Ranch's or Brenham success is cyclical?

While I have respect for Crosby after last season for there potential. I would not want to face PNG this season. They will be talented this year. You never know. #youneverknow. 

Teams like PNG are the ones who Crosby has dominated the last couple of years. We're 23-4 the last two season and all 4 losses are to teams that could run the ball and play defense like Elgin, Cedar Park, Summer Creek and King. PNG can't run the ball or play defense and they certainly don't have the talent levels the other 4 teams. Throw in the fact that Crosby has a far superior talent level and coaching staff and you're probably going to get a bad result. 

Crosby is one of the worst matchup a for PNG in the entire state, PNG would be one of our best. Take that for what it's worth. 

Teams like PNG are the ones who Crosby has dominated the last couple of years. We're 23-4 the last two season and all 4 losses are to teams that could run the ball and play defense like Elgin, Cedar Park, Summer Creek and King. PNG can't run the ball or play defense and they certainly don't have the talent levels the other 4 teams. Throw in the fact that Crosby has a far superior talent level and coaching staff and you're probably going to get a bad result. 

Crosby is one of the worst matchup a for PNG in the entire state, PNG would be one of our best. Take that for what it's worth. 

​SC played defense?  Must be two Summer Creeks. 

UHOH Central treading on a PA moderator tisk tisk. I actually have some respect for PA from back in the day but Central not so much, oh but the band was great. As far as you reservationists, I hope and pray Crosby gets a shot at ya this year on the reservation if need be. #speedkillz #uthoughtthrfrozentundraOzengamefinalscorewasbadjusthideandwatch. 

Crosby likes to play marquee games in pre-district. Central is a decent squad but they don't rise to the level of a team we would get anything out of playing pre-district. You can't beat Nederland and we already have them on the schedule to go with Angleton who's a squad that would probably crush Central. I can say this though, other than Dayton, Central in '05 and vidor in '11 are the only team from your district to beat Crosby in a playoff game the last 10 years. I guess that's a positive but there's tons of teams better than Central for us to put on the schedule before we go there. 

I do believe that we are  undefeated against Crosby lifetime.  That '05 Crosby team was pretty good but still lost by double digits....    But that was 10 years ago, right?

​SC played defense?  Must be two Summer Creeks. 

SC ran the ball. Chatman had like 15 carries for over 200 yards and 5 tds. When we played PNG that same year their running back was pulled for ineffectiveness and while Walter had like 19 carries for 300 yards. Believe it or not even though it was a high scoring game between Crosby and SC that year there was some good defense being played at times.

SC ran the ball. Chatman had like 15 carries for over 200 yards and 5 tds. When we played PNG that same year their running back was pulled for ineffectiveness and while Walter had like 19 carries for 300 yards. Believe it or not even though it was a high scoring game between Crosby and SC that year there was some good defense being played at times.

​i watched that 56-42 game. No defense. Crosby was in the game. If Crosby 2014 D played they win that game. 

Magazine names Crosby No. 1 in 5A poll

Posted: Sunday, July 19, 2015 12:00 am

By Christopher James 

This is the hidden content, please
 | 

The Lone Star Gridiron magazine has released preseason rankings for Class 5A football, saying the Crosby Cougars as the team to beat. 

“It is an honor that LSG ranked us number one,” said Jeff Riordan, Crosby head coach. “There are some very good football teams in 5A Texas football and to be in the top 20 would be great. Very unexpected to be ranked number one.” 

How you like them apples and PNG ought to know about no defense played at ALL....

Edited by RUALIONoraSHEEP

I'm sorry but if both teams put up a combined total of 112 points, I'm here to tell you there was no defense played at all.

There was a more defense played in that game than the Dayton and PNG game last year. The teams still combined for like 9 or 10 punts and about 3 turnover on downs. Both teams were undefeated and the talent level for a 5A game was unreal. The Twins, Singleton,  Chatman and Sharp all played their arses off that night. Crosby muffed a punt and we dropped a 4th down conversion which was the difference in the game. 

Edited by coog02

Magazine names Crosby No. 1 in 5A poll

Posted: Sunday, July 19, 2015 12:00 am

By Christopher James 

| 

The Lone Star Gridiron magazine has released preseason rankings for Class 5A football, saying the Crosby Cougars as the team to beat. 

“It is an honor that LSG ranked us number one,” said Jeff Riordan, Crosby head coach. “There are some very good football teams in 5A Texas football and to be in the top 20 would be great. Very unexpected to be ranked number one.” 

How you like them apples and PNG ought to know about no defense played at ALL....

Go ahead and post that in our thread before they start say we're hijacking even though nothing other than a Ned/PNG game moves the needle in 22-5A like ANYTHING having to do with Crosby or Dayton. 

I'm sorry but if both teams put up a combined total of 112 points, I'm here to tell you there was no defense played at all.

And the King of defiance has come out of hibernation...... Not a good day for the Crosby greenies.  Take it easy on them Playa.... 

I still say Ozen takes District 22-5a  this season. Any time you have a group of talented returners who are put in the right position to succeed and have a quality staff to lead them, big things happen. I've had the pleasure of coaching 9 of this year's starters so I am speaking from what I know. Ozen will field a more physical,  athletic, disciplined and determined group this year. The new additions to Suggs coaching staff will also pay dividends! Let's Go Panthers! 

Edited by JRidge

I still say Ozen takes District 22-5a  this season. Any time you have a group of talented returners who are put in the right position to succeed and have a quality staff to lead them, big things happen. I've had the pleasure of coaching 9 of this year's starters so I am speaking from what I know. Ozen will field a more physical,  athletic, disciplined and determined group this year. The new additions to Suggs coaching staff will also pay dividends! Let's Go Panthers! 

​football participation numbers going up at Ozen?