22-5A District Predictions 2015

I don't think so. Last year we did not have enough players to field a JV. The freshmen team had to be moved up to the JV thus killing the Freshmen team for the last half of the season. If you remember we only suited up 35 on Fridays. However all 35 got to play. At Ozen you will see more quality in its athletes than quantity. My guess is Suggs suit up 40 this year.

I still say Ozen takes District 22-5a  this season. Any time you have a group of talented returners who are put in the right position to succeed and have a quality staff to lead them, big things happen. I've had the pleasure of coaching 9 of this year's starters so I am speaking from what I know. Ozen will field a more physical,  athletic, disciplined and determined group this year. The new additions to Suggs coaching staff will also pay dividends! Let's Go Panthers! 

I thought the same of Ozen last year...  They didn't win district, but was pretty dang good and battled tough with a state power Crosby team last year...  I don't have Ozen winning district, but I don't have them any worst than 3rd place....

​i know they wont have numbers like WB and Central right now but are they up from last year? 

The #'s should be fine, remember they made the playoffs without the kids and coaches really knowing each other. Not sure about overall #'s but more sure about the quality of the #'s!

Good Luck Panthers, hopefully the returning experience & a good offseason with the Coaching Staff will be just what the Dr ordered. No Dog in the fight anymore, but look forward to the Season & a Big Year out of our returning 2yr letterman RB.

No Excuses from anyone this Season

GO PANTHERS!!!!

​Why no dog in the fight?

​If he doesn't want to sit on the bench until his eligibility expires I suggest he doesn't come here. Cotton and Netherly have that position locked up for the next two years.  

​I think Crosby should keep an open mind at the Quarterback position, as this is the weakest link on the offense. Also, Cotton maybe able to earn a scholarship if he had some film as a slot receiver. With some fine tuning Netherly is a better option at QB.

​I think Crosby should keep an open mind at the Quarterback position, as this is the weakest link on the offense. Also, Cotton maybe able to earn a scholarship if he had some film as a slot receiver. With some fine tuning Netherly is a better option at QB.

Did you see the Cedar Park game? Cotton was 19-24 with a pick and a td. I believe we were tied at 21 when he got hurt. Netherly came in and went 1-4 with 3 picks and negative 5 rushing yards while CP scored 28 straight. I've been watching him play for 4 years now. Having the measurables is one thing, standing in the pocket and delivering the ball is completely another thing. 

Riordan has already coached 39 games his first 3 years as a head coach. I trust that he and the staff put the kid out there that gives them the best option to win. If you keep fine tuning you eventually run out of stroke. I'm sure Netherly will have his shot under center during the '16 season but for now Cotton gives Crosby the best option to win a state title, plus Mannie already has 7 FBS offers at receiver and looks to be in line for his 4 star at that position. 

Did you see the Cedar Park game? Cotton was 19-24 with a pick and a td. I believe we were tied at 21 when he got hurt. Netherly came in and went 1-4 with 3 picks and negative 5 rushing yards while CP scored 28 straight. I've been watching him play for 4 years now. Having the measurables is one thing, standing in the pocket and delivering the ball is completely another thing. 

Riordan has already coached 39 games his first 3 years as a head coach. I trust that he and the staff put the kid out there that gives them the best option to win. If you keep fine tuning you eventually run out of stroke. I'm sure Netherly will have his shot under center during the '16 season but for now Cotton gives Crosby the best option to win a state title, plus Mannie already has 7 FBS offers at receiver and looks to be in line for his 4 star at that position. 

​Coach Riordan and the OC has done a tremendous job in Crosby. Best combo in the state in my opinion, but i might be biased. Yes I did see the Cedar Park game. If I recall correctly Cotton scored 14 straight for Cedar Park. One fumble for a touchdown and an interception for a touchdown. What I observed at that time was a degenerated football team. Bad coaching calls and bad execution by all of the players. Thats trash can stats. When bad players look good and good players look bad. I also seen a poor game from Cotton against Calhoun where Netherly came in and closed out the game. Cotton is a great athlete, but a subpar QB. Cotton benefitted from a great O-Line best RB core in the state and a great defense. You could have plugged anyone in and called them a QB. It doesn't really matter if you stand strong in the pocket if your throwing ducks. Standing strong in the pocket and decision making aren't intangibles, therefore it can be taught and learned. We don't need Cotton to stand in the pocket. We need him to get rid of the ball, because with the speed of our receivers they are out of his reach in 3 to 4 seconds. Closing the door on a legit QB coming to town means Cotton will be paying his own college tuition.

Why is this even in the 22-5A thread because besides wishing them the best of luck, I could give a care less about Crosby?...