22-5A District Predictions 2015

Crosby has so much experience back from a deep playoff run.

King.... Trayveon Williams returns....  Isn't that reason alone?

Dayton rose to the occasion and started playing some pretty good ball late...  If kids give the HC 100% (not Stewart), they'll be fine....

​I agree but last season you had a semifinalist team in Crosby who had to put Dayton away in OT in a thriller. I like Dayton at home. this season

Crosby has so much experience back from a deep playoff run.

King.... Trayveon Williams returns....  Isn't that reason alone?

Dayton rose to the occasion and started playing some pretty good ball late...  If kids give the HC 100% (not Stewart), they'll be fine....

​King better find other offensive weapons. Ppl will stack the box. 

I think Dayton is a good matchup with Crosby. Last years game was an overtime sensation. WHen you look at the tail of the tape you see. This. Total yards- Crosby 448 Dayton 483 yards. Crosby 19 First downs Dayton 22 First Downs. Rush yards Crosby was 289 to Daytons 186. Crosby passing yards was  159 to Daytons 297. All this tells me that this game was pretty much a toss up statiscally. WIth that being said all things being pretty equal last seaso in the matchup and the game being in Dayton and it being a rivalry game I pick Dayton by the slightest of nods. I think the winner of this game is your DC. EIther way. Just a humble opinion. Taking nothing away from Crosby just basing it off of last years game vs returning starters from last season and home field advantage = slightest of margin for my pick. 

If you take a closer look at the game you'll see Crosby brings back all but 28 yards of offense from that game while Dayton only brings back 36 yards of offense from that game. 5 of the 6 touchdowns scored by Crosby came from a freshman and a sophomore. We also get our qb back. 

Every touchdown that was rushed, thrown, or received by Dayton came from a senior who is no longer there. Crosby has rushed for about 1100 combined yards on Dayton the last few meetings and with the offensive line being even bigger and better than last year, plus two backs that are a year older, I expect Crosby to rush for about 400 yards when they come down 90. With an improved Cotton if we can keep the turnovers down from last year's game we'll be more than fine. 

Dayton gave up nearly 500 rushing yards and lost 62-17 to King last year. King brings a lot of those kids back while all Dayton's firepower graduated. They also play King on the road this year as well as Humble who they only beat 13-6 last year. Dayton brought back about the numbers of starters last year and finished 3rd, this year the district is even stronger and lost all their guns. There's several questions Dayton has to answer before I think they can be viewed as having an edge over Crosby. 

​I agree but last season you had a semifinalist team in Crosby who had to put Dayton away in OT in a thriller. I like Dayton at home. this season

Crosby was up 35-20 with 9 mins left in the game. Riordan said it was the worst game they played all year afterwards. It really doesn't matter what the particulars are though, anything can happen in that game. Two years ago Crosby had 615 yards to Dayton's 325 and only won by 6 points. A couple of years before that they won on a kick return. That's just the way that game goes. 

It's funny you know more about Dayton's team than Dayton does - everybody improves except for Dayton- you've definitely got it all figured out bro- were really not worried whether you think we have the edge or not most Crosby fans thought last years game would be a cake walk and this year while your flying high on your media rankings I'm sure you think the same .( your going to be in for a big surprise)

Don't give yourself a "W" just yet Dayton may

have something to say about that !

All of Dayton's tds didn't come from seniors. Also Dylan didn't play against Crosby and you can look him up on hudle and see what he can do. Kid played lights out against PNG. Picked up 2 kids that will more than replace what Dayton lost on the offensive side IIMO. 

Chamberlain didn't play for Dayton last year but Chambers did. Several of the kids that I think will have big impacts on Dayton's team didn't even play at Dayton last year. Dayton will most likely have the biggest physically strongest nose in the district. The only reason I say probably on the biggest and strongest is because I'm not sure where he will play next yea. As a sophmore he won the district as a super heavy weight and will most likely win state this year. He started on the oline as a freshman but I believe he will be moved this year. I believe dayton will have the best defense they have had since 2010. Only time will tell but kids like EJ Lagarious Styner Moore Gaines who nobody talks about are all freakish athletes. I would say Lagarious has a 35+ inch vertical and excellent hands and speed. Another junior won the district high jump as a sophmore but didn't play football at dayton last year and was a late transfer. I could sit here all day and go back and forth but it really doesn't matter. I'm just saying I have watched Dayton for a long time and this years team looks more promising than last years and I even stated that last year.

Which Dayton player wasn't a senior? Baughman, McBride, Chambers and Keener? Samuel Rojas? 

Pride, you have to hold off on saying he played lights out on PNG. To say they struggled on defense is nice. I was at that game and I think he'll be solid this year. I like Styner a year stronger too. Just as much as the two kids may help Dayton, the two we have from King are beast at two places where we lost starters. I think it's going to take depth in the district this year. 

This is the hidden content, please

Edited by Cougar14.2

Honestly I never count out the Beaumont teams. My honest opinion is Vidor has better coaching and a ton of returners. Ozen is far superior in athletes but for some reason things never seem to click right that way. But I would not be surprised in the least bit if Ozen gets in. I think Ozen carries a better chance in the playoffs to win a round vs Vidors scheme.

Don't forget many Vidor assistants went to Bridge City.  

PNG will be good, DBs gonna kill them, short, slow but go getters. The DL and LBs good. OL  suspect --- according to several PNG dads I play golf with.

still think Ned will pull an athlete out from somewhere and give it a run.  Gotta like Bmt's teams athletes, just no tradition, pride like WB or old Hebert, French, etc... That's what puts the PNG! NED, WOS teams a leg up.  To Bmt credit in bascketball they DO have that tradition, pride, which is why they dominate this area in basketball .

EJ Briscoe had a td not to mention Jalen had around 80 yds receiving against Crosby. He had one reception for over 50. Against Angleton Dylan had over 80 yds on 5 carries. Not saying you didn't see the numbers somewhere but their wrong.

Alright, maybe so. In the Chronicle it says Rojas kicked two fgs; McBride, Keener, Chambers and Baughman all scored once. Rojas kicked 3xps and Rose caught a 2 point conversion for a total of 35. All passing yards were accounted for with Long having a 32 yard reception, all rushing yards were accounted for with Styner having 4 yards. So for the 483 total yards accounted for in the Chronicle 36 were by kids who are coming back which is why I said that earlier. The Chronicle isn't always right like you said though. They don't show a Briscoe and Styner doing anything on the film either. 

I did see where Styner had 3 carries for 65 yards on Angleton though. 

Edited by Cougar14.2

Alright, maybe so. In the Chronicle it says Rojas kicked two fgs; McBride, Keener, Chambers and Baughman all scored once. Rojas kicked 3xps and Rose caught a 2 point conversion for a total of 35. All passing yards were accounted for with Long having a 32 yard reception, all rushing yards were accounted for with Styner having 4 yards. So for the 483 total yards accounted for in the Chronicle 36 were by kids who are coming back which is why I said that earlier. The Chronicle isn't always right like you said though. They don't show a Briscoe and Styner doing anything on the film either. 

I did see where Styner had 3 carries for 65 yards on Angleton though. 

EJ caught the td that put dayton within 2. Not sure why it doesn't show Styners reception from Kyle because it was within a few yards of resulting in a dayton td. Dayton actually ended up stalling and not scoring on that drive and I believe we ended up inside the 1. 

EJ caught the td that put dayton within 2. Not sure why it doesn't show Styners reception from Kyle because it was within a few yards of resulting in a dayton td. Dayton actually ended up stalling and not scoring on that drive and I believe we ended up inside the 1. 

Alright, I believe you. It just shows Keener catching the pass that brought them within two though. It shows Chambers, Keener and McBride scoring but doesn't show Baughman or the Rojas field goals. 

Edited by Cougar14.2

Alright, I believe you. It just shows Keener catching the pass that brought them within two though. It shows Chambers, Keener and McBride scoring but doesn't show Baughman or the Rojas field goals. 

That was a perfect shot of it. Keener was #20 and EJ was 18. Never saw that video though but that was nice. Keener was just kinda standing in the flat.

Edited by bronco pride