22-5A District Predictions 2015

I've said it before..... Scout ranks on speed, agility, blah, blah, blah... IMO, in high school, the small, quick, Jaquizz Rodgers type is a beast. The downhill guys are good, but don't put up the gaudy numbers. But the higher the level, the better the numbers. So my opinion is that he is rated high because of speed, size, vision, etc.  kids like him have a legit chance to go to the top level in my opinion. It doesn't always equate to the video game numbers in HS but in the end I think his chances are good. It also helps he will be playing in a weak district in my opinion. In high school you can make a living running around the edge. But you can't make a living running up the gut unless you have a unreal O line. So that's why you see spread offenses and video game numbers.. I think the Walters kid is a good example of this theory...

Well said...

I've said it before..... Scout ranks on speed, agility, blah, blah, blah... IMO, in high school, the small, quick, Jaquizz Rodgers type is a beast. The downhill guys are good, but don't put up the gaudy numbers. But the higher the level, the better the numbers. So my opinion is that he is rated high because of speed, size, vision, etc.  kids like him have a legit chance to go to the top level in my opinion. It doesn't always equate to the video game numbers in HS but in the end I think his chances are good. It also helps he will be playing in a weak district in my opinion. In high school you can make a living running around the edge. But you can't make a living running up the gut unless you have a unreal O line. So that's why you see spread offenses and video game numbers.. I think the Walters kid is a good example of this theory...

​The downhill guys still put up the gaudy numbers if they're good enough. Rakeem Boyd had 1996 yards on 194 carries last year for Stratford. Earnest Davis rushed for 2335 on 231 carries at Elsik last year. Darius Anderson had nearly 1900 at George Ranch splitting time. Whaley has the ability but doesn't see the field like a Walter did. Out of the 6000+ yards Austin ran for in high school probably 3000+ came right up the middle because of his vision. While the spread does help the majority of the guys putting up the big numbers are passers. Earnest Patterson had almost 2500 for Brenham and Kierre Crossley ran for over 3100 yards last year at Everman from a tight formation similar to Elgin and Cedar Park.

If you're good enough you're going to get yours regardless, which is why Austin also get raved about at Rice. Don't be surprised if he leads the team in rushing next year as a freshman. There's not even a consensus that Whaley will play rb in college.   

​The downhill guys still put up the gaudy numbers if they're good enough. Rakeem Boyd had 1996 yards on 194 carries last year for Stratford. Earnest Davis rushed for 2335 on 231 carries at Elsik last year. Darius Anderson had nearly 1900 at George Ranch splitting time. Whaley has the ability but doesn't see the field like a Walter did. Out of the 6000+ yards Austin ran for in high school probably 3000+ came right up the middle because of his vision. While the spread does help the majority of the guys putting up the big numbers are passers. Earnest Patterson had almost 2500 for Brenham and Kierre Crossley ran for over 3100 yards last year at Everman from a tight formation similar to Elgin and Cedar Park.

If you're good enough you're going to get yours regardless, which is why Austin also get raved about at Rice. Don't be surprised if he leads the team in rushing next year as a freshman. There's not even a consensus that Whaley will play rb in college.   

I think you are dissecting my posts too much... As I stated if you have a stud line you can make a living running up the middle. And I certainly understand that everything from Crosby is "all World", and I hope the Rice kid does well. That being said I will not shoot out any negativity because I hope all these kids do well and get a education while doing it.  If the Whaley kid gets a ride that's 3/4 of the battle.  At the end of the day I am not a scout......

Everybody has their own opinion. 

If Whaley comes out healthy and 300 yards rushing after the first 3 games, I'll take that. They may not be the best in 6A, but the Jaguars open up with West Brook, Memorial and Summer Creek, all respectable programs with depth.  They'll be ready because of there schedule to battle for the district crown.  Whether they win it or not to me comes down to QB play...

I think you are dissecting my posts too much... As I stated if you have a stud line you can make a living running up the middle. And I certainly understand that everything from Crosby is "all World", and I hope the Rice kid does well. That being said I will not shoot out any negativity because I hope all these kids do well and get a education while doing it.  If the Whaley kid gets a ride that's 3/4 of the battle.  At the end of the day I am not a scout......

Everybody has their own opinion. 

I wasn't dissecting it. Summarized I was saying Walter or Boyd would have rushed for over 2000 yards with the same line Whaley had last year. Like you said though, we all have our own opinions. I really don't think there's anything negative about that. 

I think it's pretty small to go to the "all world" comment. It's pretty much the makeup of that whole area though. I would hate to see what you said about Hutto or Cedar Park fans if you think that about Crosby comments. 

Edited by coog02

If Whaley comes out healthy and 300 yards rushing after the first 3 games, I'll take that. They may not be the best in 6A, but the Jaguars open up with West Brook, Memorial and Summer Creek, all respectable programs with depth.  They'll be ready because of there schedule to battle for the district crown.  Whether they win it or not to me comes down to QB play...

If all he has is those 300 after those 3 games you're probably going to be 0-3, maybe 1-2. SC only won 3 games last year and isn't really the same squad since Sharp left for UCLA. They'll probably be pretty bad again so I could see Central winning that one. They still have a ways to go before they can matchup with King though. 

If all he has is those 300 after those 3 games you're probably going to be 0-3, maybe 1-2. SC only won 3 games last year and isn't really the same squad since Sharp left for UCLA. They'll probably be pretty bad again so I could see Central winning that one. They still have a ways to go before they can matchup with King though. 

​I'm glad we have 1 football expert on this site out of all the members on here...last year he had 6 carries 44 yards against West Brook in a 40-34 loss, 6 carries 44 yards against Memorial in a 17-14 loss and 11 carries 66 yards in a 21-10 win over Summer Creek.  Central could have been easily 3-0 with him having just 156 yards.  He didn't have less than 100 yards a game after that until the CE King game.  Being that I didn't miss a game last year, Central's offense was most affective last year when they were in a 5 wide set, Whaley in the slot. In my opinion, Jacquet carried that team.  They went as he went.  So Whaley wasn't even the focus point of the offense.  He averaged 16.5 carries, 117 yards and 1 TD a game last year.  Decent numbers.  I'm expecting those numbers to be almost double this year because he will be the man, especially until the QB play comes around.  Seven weeks from tonight, we will start to find out.  I'll worry about King, if and when they get to that hurdle...   

Changing my prediction after some information received. 

PNG

Central

Vidor

Ozen

Not sure its been said on here but Suggs has never missed the playoffs while coaching in the Golden Triangle. 

​You know I picked the same 4 schools to represent the district this year, just not in that order.  I don't think the Indian fans would like that too much because it means they go D1...

​You know I picked the same 4 schools to represent the district this year, just not in that order.  I don't think the Indian fans would like that too much because it means they go D1...

​unless PNG develops a defense its not gonna matter what division they go to, its gonna result in a loss. 

​I'm glad we have 1 football expert on this site out of all the members on here...last year he had 6 carries 44 yards against West Brook in a 40-34 loss, 6 carries 44 yards against Memorial in a 17-14 loss and 11 carries 66 yards in a 21-10 win over Summer Creek.  Central could have been easily 3-0 with him having just 156 yards.  He didn't have less than 100 yards a game after that until the CE King game.  Being that I didn't miss a game last year, Central's offense was most affective last year when they were in a 5 wide set, Whaley in the slot. In my opinion, Jacquet carried that team.  They went as he went.  So Whaley wasn't even the focus point of the offense.  He averaged 16.5 carries, 117 yards and 1 TD a game last year.  Decent numbers.  I'm expecting those numbers to be almost double this year because he will be the man, especially until the QB play comes around.  Seven weeks from tonight, we will start to find out.  I'll worry about King, if and when they get to that hurdle...   

​if yall went 5wide the majority of the time yall would have won. (In bold) 

I wasn't dissecting it. Summarized I was saying Walter or Boyd would have rushed for over 2000 yards with the same line Whaley had last year. Like you said though, we all have our own opinions. I really don't think there's anything negative about that. 

I think it's pretty small to go to the "all world" comment. It's pretty much the makeup of that whole area though. I would hate to see what you said about Hutto or Cedar Park fans if you think that about Crosby comments. 

Exactly what I stated. Your statement says this................... In comparison Walter and Boyd are better than Whaley..... That's why you got my "All World" statement. Not knocking any of the kids but I just don't think its right to post something like that. But I'm not a scout.......... And the quick defense is the makeup of SETX is all the same. 

​I know this is a 22-5A thread but what kind of Titans team will I see in week 2?

​Disregard what is gonna happen Week-1, you should see a very fast squad, they have some legit burners, but doesn't mean nothing if they cant catch a ball, tackle or force turnovers.