Baltimore in deep ish

Mr. Buddy Garrity

i see your point. How many do you think are guilty and why wasnt he taken to the hospital sooner? I read that he was asking for medical attention. Didnt some of the officers fail to render aid if they were in the vehicle and didnt help? FYI my son does not live in Jefferson county. Thank goodness

Every police dept has polucy on prisoners. Ours is that if a person asks for medical treatment or if they appear to be seriously injured/ill, we bring them to the hospital or call EMS immediately.

I was the supervisor on scene once after a foot chase of a guy with a bunch of crack on him. We called EMS to check him out after officers tackled him. They said that he was okay and clear to travel. The officers started to put him in the patrol unit and he said that he could not walk and was losing feeling in his legs. The officers started to drag him to the patrol unit, saying that he was faking it to try and keep from going to jail. That is not an uncommon occurrence to fake injury or illness.

I stopped them and asked the guy if he was really having problems and he said that he was. I had EMS put him on the gurney and get him out of there and quickly. The officers insisted that he was faking it and I agreed that it was likely. I was not going to take a chance however. I had an officer ride in the back of the ambulance on the way to the hospital in case he tried to escape.

Fortunately we were not far from the hospital as the guy's heart stopped before he arrived. Since he was already under medical care and got to the hospital a minute ir so later, they got his heart started again and he ended up living. He spent a good bit of time in ICU after he swallowed a bunch of crack while we were chasing him.

The point is that our policy is to err on the side of caution. Even I believed that the guy was full of crap. I cannot tell you how ecstatic the two officers involved were after it was all over and I had the guy ride in the ambulance. They were going to roll the guy to jail and he would have died in the back of their police car. They made sure to thank me several times.

I am sure that Baltimore has a similar policy. Did the guy ever ask for help during this incident or did he display obvious signs of serious injury? If so someone is responsible to some extent. Does that make all six officer is responsible in a murder? Not hardly.

For all that we know, all six officers could have gotten together and conspired to beat this guy's butt and cover it up. If so that they are all culpable as part of the incident. If so then they all need to be held accountable. I have the feeling that the DA does not have that kind of evidence however. I have no problem at all with the officers being responsible. Just like everyone else though, there needs to be evidence of it and not just politics to keep people from writing and to appease voters.

Look at the case of the Lamar student that was recently killed in Beaumont. Even after arrests had been made, it took several weeks to get the information to a grand jury to present the case to get a murder indictment which I think came out this week. In the case of these officers in Baltimore, six officers that we don't even know were all on the scene, were charged/indicted within hours of rioting breaking out and the DA publicly stating that this was for the protesters.

I find that hard to believe as is the usual way that law-enforcement and criminal justice is done. Had a citizen been murdered at a local convenience store robbery in Baltimore and the police made an arrest with several witnesses, you would almost never have seen an indictment within a few hours. That is just not how things are done.

In this case that makes me wonder if there is actually any evidence to charge all six.

Every police dept has polucy on prisoners. Ours is that if a person asks for medical treatment or if they appear to be seriously injured/ill, we bring them to the hospital or call EMS immediately.

I was the supervisor on scene once after a foot chase of a guy with a bunch of crack on him. We called EMS to check him out after officers tackled him. They said that he was okay and clear to travel. The officers started to put him in the patrol unit and he said that he could not walk and was losing feeling in his legs. The officers started to drag him to the patrol unit, saying that he was faking it to try and keep from going to jail. That is not an uncommon occurrence to fake injury or illness.

I stopped them and asked the guy if he was really having problems and he said that he was. I had EMS put him on the gurney and get him out of there and quickly. The officers insisted that he was faking it and I agreed that it was likely. I was not going to take a chance however. I had an officer ride in the back of the ambulance on the way to the hospital in case he tried to escape.

Fortunately we were not far from the hospital as the guy's heart stopped before he arrived. Since he was already under medical care and got to the hospital a minute ir so later, they got his heart started again and he ended up living. He spent a good bit of time in ICU after he swallowed a bunch of crack while we were chasing him.

The point is that our policy is to err on the side of caution. Even I believed that the guy was full of crap. I cannot tell you how ecstatic the two officers involved were after it was all over and I had the guy ride in the ambulance. They were going to roll the guy to jail and he would have died in the back of their police car. They made sure to thank me several times.

I am sure that Baltimore has a similar policy. Did the guy ever ask for help during this incident or did he display obvious signs of serious injury? If so someone is responsible to some extent. Does that make all six officer is responsible in a murder? Not hardly.

For all that we know, all six officers could have gotten together and conspired to beat this guy's butt and cover it up. If so that they are all culpable as part of the incident. If so then they all need to be held accountable. I have the feeling that the DA does not have that kind of evidence however. I have no problem at all with the officers being responsible. Just like everyone else though, there needs to be evidence of it and not just politics to keep people from writing and to appease voters.

Look at the case of the Lamar student that was recently killed in Beaumont. Even after arrests had been made, it took several weeks to get the information to a grand jury to present the case to get a murder indictment which I think came out this week. In the case of these officers in Baltimore, six officers that we don't even know were all on the scene, were charged/indicted within hours of rioting breaking out and the DA publicly stating that this was for the protesters.

I find that hard to believe as is the usual way that law-enforcement and criminal justice is done. Had a citizen been murdered at a local convenience store robbery in Baltimore and the police made an arrest with several witnesses, you would almost never have seen an indictment within a few hours. That is just not how things are done.

In this case that makes me wonder if there is actually any evidence to charge all six.

I wish there were more great officers like you and less of the a**holes that make a department look bad. 

If it was seen on the news, as tragichippy and I did, it may not have a link.  But I'll keep checking.   ;)

You king of the article links on other issues but cant find the one in question? Interesting! Let me guess: if this was an Obama issue it would be easily found by you with quick ease. ;)

Slow down big guy......the other part was I was not sure if it was truth or rumor......

If you are going to quote me, please quote all of what I say

Carry on:)

Slow down, trigger,   :D    I never said I believed it either.  The only part of your statement that was pertinent to the original question was the one I used from you.  You seeing it was conformation enough for me. 

I've seen some nice looking signs.  Also seen a bull on two different occasions by two different people that was the same.  Color and all.  Point?  I'm wondering whose financing this outrage?  Is the civil rights "INDUSTRY" at it again.  They were embarrassed in Ferguson.  I think george soros has in slimy tentacles in it.  Maybe one day they'll get it right!   ;) :rolleyes:

are you joking. The medical examiner ruled his death a homicide. His injuries were not self inflicted. I think involuntary manslaughter would be a good charge.

Homicide does not always mean a crime was committed. If it happened in a struggle, then it's possible the officers did nothing wrong. Again, I don't know any details, but it's a point worth making.

@NYDailyNews: A Mich. prosecutor resigned after saying Baltimore rioters should be shot. http://nydn.us/1JIfv83 “Simple. Shoot em.” http://twitter.com/NYDailyNews/status/594582634589655041/photo/1

Sometimes you have to re-read the thoughts you type on Facebook/Social Media/Emails before you click send.