Baltimore in deep ish

Mr. Buddy Garrity

Yeah, the guy who drove the vehicle was black. He is now saying that the other officers threatened him, that's why he didnt take gray to the hospital. Let the games begin. They are going to start turning on each other so they can get s plea deal. I dont care if he is black. He needs to be punished accordingly.

@CBSNews: Policing expert on Freddie Gray incident: It's something you'd see in a "third world country" http://cbsn.ws/1E2LV5s http://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/594269343472582656/photo/1

@BaltSunBrk: Neighbors shocked that Officer Porter charged in Freddie Gray death http://bsun.md/1IwPGX8

That is how it should be. Cops should not go around shooting people, because they feel like it. I thought they had to try other methods first.

This happens incredibly infrequently. I don't understand why so much outrage is drummed up over a tiny amount of incidents a year (many of which end up being proved justified, such as Mike Brown in ferguson). Police make tens of millions of contacts with black people a year, and you'll see a minuscule amount of these killings, almost always of criminals who are running or resisting. While I agree that nobody should ever be killed unjustly by the police, it seems that the media and society by and large get wound up over something that almost never happens. And when it does happen, and there's evidence to prove it, then the police are charged with crimes.

I read an article recently on gawker where they profiled unarmed black people who'd been killed by police in the last 15 years. They could only come up with about 75. The vast majority of the deaths were either during struggles, after being tazed lawfully, or due to the "victim holding a realistic fake gun." All told, there were maybe 15-20 instances of flat out wrongful killings by police in 15 years, and in just about every single one police were charged in those killings. I'm having a hard time seeing some major epidemic of police going all Wild West and killing indiscriminately. But as long as the media continues to portray officers in such a negative light, relationships between officers and minorities will suffer, and these types of incidents WILL become more frequent.

I've posted the link to this gawker article so that you guys can read it and decide for yourselves, but even if you think half of them were flat out murder, then we're talking about 2-3 incidents a year. Considering that over 7,000 blacks are killed by other blacks a year, I don't think unjustified police killings of blacks is anywhere close to the banner issue that the media and professional mouthpieces like Al Sharpton would have us believe.

http://gawker.com/unarmed-people-of-color-killed-by-police-1999-2014-1666672349

I believe that three of the six officers charged are black including a female.

So much for the claim that diversification will end the run ins between the police and black youths. 

Maybe in Baltimore it is female officers and black officers that have the problem since that seems to be what police uses of force are based on in debates. 

So much for the claim that diversification will end the run ins between the police and black youths. 

Maybe in Baltimore it is female officers and black officers that have the problem since that seems to be what police uses of force are based on in debates. 

…… or some officers period that have issues. 

BREAKING NEWS. State attorney's office said there was not probable cause for Gray's arrest. Cops will be charged.

This is the most politically charge arrest that I have ever seen. It is even worse than the Zimmerman case. 

Both the mayor and prosecutor made statements that should take them both out of the process. When the prosecutor goes public and says this is for the protesters around the country, she showed that she is a political idiot. She is supposed to be upholding the law because of facts, not to quell riots. 

Maybe the facts are there and maybe they aren't (nothing made public says that there is any evidence) but just like the Zimmerman case, the DA chose not to go to a grand jury and almost immediately indict merely on her signature alone. There is a reason that Texas and I think the federal governments require a grand jury to review a case and issue an indictment. 

Hopefully these officer's attorneys can get a change of venue and slow down the witch hunt. 

three were black. Some cops are getting out of control

three were black. Some cops are getting out of control

There's been no evidence released that has even proved they did anything wrong. Could they have? Quite possibly. But once again, you're basing your beliefs on biased bits and pieces coming from the media. I recall you doing the same thing with Mike Brown in Ferguson. Of course it later came out that not only was there not enough to charge the officer in that case, but the evidence actually proved he was telling the truth and was completely justified in his actions.

@msnbc: Teen faces higher bail than Baltimore cops accused of murder: http://on.msnbc.com/1GOFPMU (Watson/AFP/Getty) http://twitter.com/msnbc/status/594315465113149440/photo/1

Is this because of also rioting? 

Bail is only to assure that a person returns for trial. I think there is little chance that the officers are going to flee. 

From what I have seen in thousands of cases, people with no standing in the community or little to lose will not show up in court and there are probably hundreds (if not thousands) of warrants in currently in Jefferson County from people skipping trial or arraignment. 

This is the most politically charge arrest that I have ever seen. It is even worse than the Zimmerman case.

Both the mayor and prosecutor made statements that should take them both out of the process. When the prosecutor goes public and says this is for the protesters around the country, she showed that she is a political idiot. She is supposed to be upholding the law because of facts, not to quell riots.

Maybe the facts are there and maybe they aren't (nothing made public says that there is any evidence) but just like the Zimmerman case, the DA chose not to go to a grand jury and almost immediately indict merely on her signature alone. There is a reason that Texas and I think the federal governments require a grand jury to review a case and issue an indictment.

Hopefully these officer's attorneys can get a change of venue and slow down the witch hunt.

what witch hunt? They severed the guys spine and larynx according to the medicsl examiner. How is that a rush to judgment?

Yeah, the guy who drove the vehicle was black. He is now saying that the other officers threatened him, that's why he didnt take gray to the hospital. Let the games begin. They are going to start turning on each other so they can get s plea deal. I dont care if he is black. He needs to be punished accordingly.

But only certain races do bad things in your book....You know if people would let the facts come to light before they allow themselves to get riled up by the Bolshiviks and burn the city down I am sure there would be more of a common ground between all of the good folks.

But only certain races do bad things in your book....You know if people would let the facts come to light before they allow themselves to get riled up by the Bolshiviks and burn the city down I am sure there would be more of a common ground between all of the good folks.

i have never said that only white people do bad things if that is what you are trying to say. I am not stupid. A person.has to be very ignorant to believe that one race of people are worse than another. Some of you guys might feel that way. I dont.

There's been no evidence released that has even proved they did anything wrong. Could they have? Quite possibly. But once again, you're basing your beliefs on biased bits and pieces coming from the media. I recall you doing the same thing with Mike Brown in Ferguson. Of course it later came out that not only was there not enough to charge the officer in that case, but the evidence actually proved he was telling the truth and was completely justified in his actions.

are you joking. The medical examiner ruled his death a homicide. His injuries were not self inflicted. I think involuntary manslaughter would be a good charge.

what witch hunt? They severed the guys spine and larynx according to the medicsl examiner. How is that a rush to judgment?

Really? Who is "they"?

Six officers killed this guy?

Let's say that six young black males were walking across the parking lot. The police show up on patrol and someone tosses down a bag of heroin that can get the person responsible 20 years in prison.

We aren't sure who did it and there is a chance that some or maybe all of the others had no clue that a felony was even being committed, much less being criminally responsible for it. Let's say that one of them is Big Girl's son.

Maybe the DA in Jefferson County should just charge every one if them. After all, they were all in the same parking lot. At least one of them is guilty. Let the others prove their innocence. Isn't that the way it works? No proof beyond a reasonable doubt, let's make them prove that they were not involved or face 20 years in prison.

Sounds fair right? I am sure that BG would be satisfied with guilt by association for her son, even if that association was just being there and a member of the same demographics.

Well that is exactly what is being done to the officers. Let's charge them all.

I suspect that if the shoe was on the other foot as my example, there would be outrage at the criminal charges. We know that a man is dead, we are not sure how it was dome and not sure who did it but at least six officers at some point had contact with bim so they all must be guilty of some form of homicide or other crime. Just like BG's son woukd be guilty of selling heroin because he was walking across the same parking lot. If not, let him prove otherwise.

When the prosecutor without a grand jury indicts six people and it appears to be merely guilt by associationand then makes the statement, this is for the protesters ..... not a witch hunt? Not a rush to judgment?

Right......

Really? Who is "they"?

Six officers killed this guy?

Let's say that six young black males were walking across the parking lot. The police show up on patrol and someone tosses down a bag of heroin that can get the person responsible 20 years in prison.

We aren't sure who did it and there is a chance that some or maybe all of the others had no clue that a felony was even being committed, much less being criminally responsible for it. Let's say that one of them is Big Girl's son.

Maybe the DA in Jefferson County should just charge every one if them. After all, they were all in the same parking lot. At least one of them is guilty. Let the others prove their innocence. Isn't that the way it works? No proof beyond a reasonable doubt, let's make them prove that they were not involved or face 20 years in prison.

Sounds fair right? I am sure that BG would be satisfied with guilt by association for her son, even if that association was just being there and a member of the same demographics.

Well that is exactly what is being done to the officers. Let's charge them all.

I suspect that if the shoe was on the other foot as my example, there would be outrage at the criminal charges. We know that a man is dead, we are not sure how it was dome and not sure who did it but at least six officers at some point had contact with bim so they all must be guilty of some form of homicide or other crime. Just like BG's son woukd be guilty of selling heroin because he was walking across the same parking lot. If not, let him prove otherwise.

When the prosecutor without a grand jury indicts six people and it appears to be merely guilt by associationand then makes the statement, this is for the protesters ..... not a witch hunt? Not a rush to judgment?

Right......

i see your point. How many do you think are guilty and why wasnt he taken to the hospital sooner? I read that he was asking for medical attention. Didnt some of the officers fail to render aid if they were in the vehicle and didnt help? FYI my son does not live in Jefferson county. Thank goodness

The first reports were that the examiners were going to rule that it was an "accidental" death.  But -- after a "meeting" they changed it to a "homicide."  Has anyone heard this also?

Post a link, I haven't seen anything on what you posted above.  :rolleyes:

i see your point. How many do you think are guilty and why wasnt he taken to the hospital sooner? I read that he was asking for medical attention. Didnt some of the officers fail to render aid if they were in the vehicle and didnt help? FYI my son does not live in Jefferson county. Thank goodness

I believe you are a nurse, correct big girl?

If a patient becomes combative, what do you typically do? Do you put your safety aside and treat the patient? I know that is not how you are trained.

He was not a stranger to the officers. He had been arrested so many times they knew him by first name. (TVC and I used to know a drunk named Woodrow in port Arthur....I picked him up in an ambulance about once a week.) So, it was a common thing for him to act stupid and want to go to the hospital. They did not restrain him because they did not want to get that close to a combative prisoner.

This story is very similar to the Alfred Wright and Ferguson stories. A bunch of made up and false information comes out and people believe it and run with it. I'm not saying anyone is innocent, but we need to wait until all the information comes out before we decide guilt.......