Baltimore in deep ish

Mr. Buddy Garrity

So Baltimore is 5th in the country in murder rates, and had 235 murders last year. Now three street gangs, likely responsible for a sizable portion of those murders, have united to ask for justice for this guy and trying to convince people to not be violent in their protests. I appreciate the sentiment, I suppose, but really?

On the planet hip-hop that is a most honorable attempt to solve the problems within your community. 

A word people are using to describe how Freddie was injured.......

All speculation at this point.

Pretty much. I have never heard these terms after so many years and so many defense classes. 

It sounds like someone putting their own description of events like they were bending him over. The only kinds of bending or folding that I know is bending over to tie your boots and folding the flag. I have never heard an officer even behind the scenes and off the record saying something like we folded, bent, used a folding move, etc. 

Shouldn't have ran, a lot of these cases would ve never happened if they would've just complied to the officers.

and that's simple.

That's the argument I hate...."He shouldn't have ran".....That's like me taking my dog to a dog park and he attacks someone because they ran. "If you wouldn't have ran...he wouldn't have bitten you"...BS.....I should have properly trained my dog. Instead, focus on WHY he ran....American refuses to believe what goes on in Black Communities with cops, yet they have the solution on what you should do to avoid it. I grew up in a rough part of Houston...over the years I saw PLENTY of police harrassment. As a teenager I was given a ticket for "Walking the wrong way on the sidewalk", not having my bicycle registered. One time there was a fight between a group of kids that went to Reagan HS and Yates HS. The police thought it was a "Gang war" between 4th and 5th Ward. While sitting at the bus stop, the cops pulled up, made us get in the car, dropped us off in 5th ward and said "Good luck making it home"....I was in the military, came home to see my mom, was pulled over because "This is too nice of a car to be in this neighborhood"...seen many guys harrased and crack mysteriously showing up under their car seats.....if you had cash on you, you took it. I was also out of the country, but somehow I was "ID'd" as a murder suspect and held for 3 weeks, luckily we had the resources and an Alibi(US ARMY) to prove that I wasn't even in the county, I can see how many people are beaten into confessions etc. People are shocked by this, they were shocked by Rodney King...I wasn't, this is normal...it;s just now that everyone has cameras.  People say "He shouldn't have ran, he had a criminal record"...so what...we kill everyone on the spot that has a criminal record? If this was a high profile rape case and a woman was raped, it would be silly for the media to report "Well, she had a history of prostitution,  3 witnesses say her wink at a guy, She was wearing tight clothing"...in other words she ASKED for it...then when women start protesting and rioting, you pretend you dont know why. That's the entire thing..under stand WHY we run....And the argument becomes, Not all cops are bad, which is true, but where are all the GOOD cops when their fellow cops are out terrorizing neighborhoods? So what everyone is saying...if you run, you are asking to be shot.....there is a REASON young black males run from the cops....I was once a young black male and who do you call when the police are the neighborhood bullies.....yeah you can be innocent, but when they have a "just add black male" case like I was apart of.....you'd probably run too.

As for the looters.....you have 10,000 PEACEFUL protesters, but 100 idiots make the news...the news has an agenda....did you know the protests are still going on in Ferguson as well? it's peaceful so it's not news worthy. Wild dogs are attacking people and they are telling us to stop running from the wild dogs instead of admitting there is an issue with wild dogs.

The police and him were probably on a first name basis.

•March 20, 2015: Possession of a Controlled Dangerous Substance
•March 13, 2015: Malicious destruction of property, second-degree assault
•January 20, 2015: Fourth-degree burglary, trespassing
•January 14, 2015: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute
•December 31, 2014: Possession of narcotics with intent to distribute
•December 14, 2014: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance
•August 31, 2014: Illegal gambling, trespassing
•January 25, 2014: Possession of marijuana
•September 28, 2013: Distribution of narcotics, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, second-degree assault, second-degree escape
•April 13, 2012: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, violation of probation
•July 16, 2008: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession with intent to distribute
•March 28, 2008: Unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance
•March 14, 2008: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to manufacture and distribute
•February 11, 2008: Unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession of a controlled dangerous substance
•August 29, 2007: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, violation of probation
•August 28, 2007: Possession of marijuana
•August 23, 2007: False statement to a peace officer, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance
•July 16, 2007: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance (2 counts)

http://freerepublic.com/focus/news/3283965/posts?page=109

Probably the same thing others are making MILLIONS off of in Colorado

But you're right....the Petty drug dealers deserve to have their spines mangled....

That's the argument I hate...."He shouldn't have ran".....That's like me taking my dog to a dog park and he attacks someone because they ran. "If you wouldn't have ran...he wouldn't have bitten you"...BS.....I should have properly trained my dog. Instead, focus on WHY he ran....American refuses to believe what goes on in Black Communities with cops, yet they have the solution on what you should do to avoid it. I grew up in a rough part of Houston...over the years I saw PLENTY of police harrassment. As a teenager I was given a ticket for "Walking the wrong way on the sidewalk", not having my bicycle registered. One time there was a fight between a group of kids that went to Reagan HS and Yates HS. The police thought it was a "Gang war" between 4th and 5th Ward. While sitting at the bus stop, the cops pulled up, made us get in the car, dropped us off in 5th ward and said "Good luck making it home"....I was in the military, came home to see my mom, was pulled over because "This is too nice of a car to be in this neighborhood"...seen many guys harrased and crack mysteriously showing up under their car seats.....if you had cash on you, you took it. I was also out of the country, but somehow I was "ID'd" as a murder suspect and held for 3 weeks, luckily we had the resources and an Alibi(US ARMY) to prove that I wasn't even in the county, I can see how many people are beaten into confessions etc. People are shocked by this, they were shocked by Rodney King...I wasn't, this is normal...it;s just now that everyone has cameras.  People say "He shouldn't have ran, he had a criminal record"...so what...we kill everyone on the spot that has a criminal record? If this was a high profile rape case and a woman was raped, it would be silly for the media to report "Well, she had a history of prostitution,  3 witnesses say her wink at a guy, She was wearing tight clothing"...in other words she ASKED for it...then when women start protesting and rioting, you pretend you dont know why. That's the entire thing..under stand WHY we run....And the argument becomes, Not all cops are bad, which is true, but where are all the GOOD cops when their fellow cops are out terrorizing neighborhoods? So what everyone is saying...if you run, you are asking to be shot.....there is a REASON young black males run from the cops....I was once a young black male and who do you call when the police are the neighborhood bullies.....yeah you can be innocent, but when they have a "just add black male" case like I was apart of.....you'd probably run too.

As for the looters.....you have 10,000 PEACEFUL protesters, but 100 idiots make the news...the news has an agenda....did you know the protests are still going on in Ferguson as well? it's peaceful so it's not news worthy. Wild dogs are attacking people and they are telling us to stop running from the wild dogs instead of admitting there is an issue with wild dogs.

Probably the same thing others are making MILLIONS off of in Colorado

But you're right....the Petty drug dealers deserve to have their spines mangled....

Great posts! 

Petty??????? How many charges does a person have to have before he is considered a criminal to you? I have never heard weed referred to as dangerous. Also, he had multiple charges of intent to distribute, which makes him a dealer. Maybe if the courts would have done their job, he wouldn't have had so many run ins with the police. Why was he even on the street?

No one deserves to die from police brutality, but you need to quit trying to make him out as a misunderstood choir boy from the hood. I don't care about people's background. Laws are laws and they apply to everyone. The background excuse is nothing more than a crutch for a free pass.

Have you heard what is breaking news in the case? I guess you won't believe that though because it won't fit the agenda.

When I am pulled over by police, I yes sir and no sir them out of respect. The respect will be returned if you tried it. Your attitude gets you into trouble before you are approached by police.

Thank you for serving your country. This is not sarcasm.

Most of that stuff happened a long time ago.  Things change and people change.  Getting away to the military was one of the best things you could have done.  It lets you see other parts of the world, and exposes you to other cultures.   Are you saying the police kill everyone that runs?  Really?  Your views are very concerning.  I can empathize with anger over incidents like the South Carolina shooting.  That man did not appear to have deserved to be shot.  Anger over that incident - had the city and police department failed to act would have warranted waves of anger and protest.  However, they did act, and act swiftly.  I work hard not to generalize in my job, and act on pre-conceived notions (prejudices).  They have suspended these officers, and are conducting a detailed investigation.  If they were wrong, they will be dealt with.  Give the system a chance.  Do you know the kind of force it would take to sever someone's spine?  Do you think such a high-profile incident like this (with a black mayor, and a black chief) will have an investigation that simply sweeps harming and damaging evidence under the rug?  I try not to post on this side of SETX Sports, because seeing posts like yours makes no sense to me.  Logically speaking your point of view just seems to point towards a pre-judged outcome in your mind.....that is not right.

Most of that stuff happened a long time ago.  Things change and people change.  Getting away to the military was one of the best things you could have done.  It lets you see other parts of the world, and exposes you to other cultures.   Are you saying the police kill everyone that runs?  Really?  Your views are very concerning.  I can empathize with anger over incidents like the South Carolina shooting.  That man did not appear to have deserved to be shot.  Anger over that incident - had the city and police department failed to act would have warranted waves of anger and protest.  However, they did act, and act swiftly.  I work hard not to generalize in my job, and act on pre-conceived notions (prejudices).  They have suspended these officers, and are conducting a detailed investigation.  If they were wrong, they will be dealt with.  Give the system a chance.  Do you know the kind of force it would take to sever someone's spine?  Do you think such a high-profile incident like this (with a black mayor, and a black chief) will have an investigation that simply sweeps harming and damaging evidence under the rug?  I try not to post on this side of SETX Sports, because seeing posts like yours makes no sense to me.  Logically speaking your point of view just seems to point towards a pre-judged outcome in your mind.....that is not right.

…… and history has an eerie way of repeating itself as well. Sad but true any way you slice it. 

Man, this is looking more and more like the "Hands Up, Don't Shoot" lie that was perpetrated on America last year! 

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/prisoner-in-van-said-freddie-gray-was-banging-against-the-walls-during-ride/2015/04/29/56d7da10-eec6-11e4-8666-a1d756d0218e_story.html

I wonder who or what made him change his original statement. Anywho, I posted a link on this in this thread by a Doctor that disputes that. We'll see after the investigation is done. Id like to think a Doctor knows what he's talking about rather than a pattywagon passenger who's changed statements a couple times. 

Also: kinda eerie that information (whats said to be sealed evidence regarding statement) leaked to mainstream media……. Strange. 

First, thank you for your service to this country.

But I disagree with your analogy

2nd, Im not saying that there isn't crooked cops out there, I know there is.

perpetuate the cycle????

If you want to stop injustices/stereotypes this isn't the way to do it.

you want to change laws to better suit you go get a law degree and work your way up to do so. 

whether right or wrong.  make better choices in life.  when you put yourself in a bad situation then likely bad things will happen whether justified or not.

want to make change make better choices.  it all starts with a choice that is made  by an individual.   it all starts with educating children in the right manner about life and the importance of making good choices and the easiest way to teach them is by your own actions.  Children are like sponges and what they see and what they hear affects them greatly.

Petty??????? How many charges does a person have to have before he is considered a criminal to you? I have never heard weed referred to as dangerous. Also, he had multiple charges of intent to distribute, which makes him a dealer. Maybe if the courts would have done their job, he wouldn't have had so many run ins with the police. Why was he even on the street? None of those charges are punishable by death. What does those charges have to do with him suffering a spinal injury?

No one deserves to die from police brutality, but you need to quit trying to make him out as a misunderstood choir boy from the hood. I don't care about people's background. Laws are laws and they apply to everyone. The background excuse is nothing more than a crutch for a free pass.

Have you heard what is breaking news in the case? I guess you won't believe that though because it won't fit the agenda.

When I am pulled over by police, I yes sir and no sir them out of respect. The respect will be returned if you tried it. Your attitude gets you into trouble before you are approached by police.

What Changed? Did all racists just magially dissapear when segregation ended? If they say "Starting Saturdaty at 12 Midnight, Alcohol will be illegal"....Sunday moring will all alcoholics be clean? Will we turn to all the families of those who died at the hands of a drunk driver and basically say "Get over it....alcohol is in the past"...NOTHING changed....we took a turd and sprayed Febreeze on it, postured and pretended things were better. I agree...getting away to the military was the BEST thing that happened to me...Like I said....police interaction with some are different...most of it's common sense. For instance...I have friends of all races, I once heard a parent tell their son..."If I cop gets behind you, wait until you get to a wll lit public place before you pull over".....I'd be foolish to tell my son that....I'm asking for him to be shot and charged with evading. This open carry thing they are pushing in Texas...common sense tells me I can't stand on the corner with an assualt rifle. I dont know if you guys are in the Houston area, but there is this DUI laywer named Gary Trickter....he says if you're pulled over for DUI and the cop asks you where have you been and have you been drinking you should reply "None of your business, that's private"....again...COMMON SENSE tells me I Can't do that.

Petty??????? How many charges does a person have to have before he is considered a criminal to you? I have never heard weed referred to as dangerous. Also, he had multiple charges of intent to distribute, which makes him a dealer. Maybe if the courts would have done their job, he wouldn't have had so many run ins with the police. Why was he even on the street?

Never said he was a choir boy, but cops are cops.....not judge, jury and executioner. Funny how the pull up criminal history AFTER they kill them...guess that's a way to justify it. You probably have no reason to fear police. If you're speeding, you're given a ticket and let go....if I'm speeding, a second squad car is called, I'm pulled out sat down on the curb publicy embarrased in front of my kids while they go through my car....it's annoying and aggravating. Even with the "yes sir and no sir"....you're a suspect. And saying this doesn't happen is like a man arguing with a woman that "All guys don't stare at your boobs"....Men arent experts on feminism just like people who never experienced racism can't say it dosen't exsist...not saying YOU havent., but it happens do this day steele....two of my best friends are cops(I lol because that's like a white guy saying I have two black friends :)). But the riots and protests are from people tired of hearing "Things have changed, people aren't like that any more, it must be you"....basically like telling a woman...if men are raping you...maybe you should wear pants.

I wonder who or what made him change his original statement. Anywho, I posted a link on this in this thread by a Doctor that disputes that. We'll see after the investigation is done. Id like to think a Doctor knows what he's talking about rather than a pattywagon passenger who's changed statements a couple times. 

Also: kinda eerie that information (whats said to be sealed evidence regarding statement) leaked to mainstream media……. Strange. 

So, you take the word of one Petty criminal to justify the killing of another....

First, thank you for your service to this country.

But I disagree with your analogy

2nd, Im not saying that there isn't crooked cops out there, I know there is.

perpetuate the cycle????

If you want to stop injustices/stereotypes this isn't the way to do it.

you want to change laws to better suit you go get a law degree and work your way up to do so. 

Another thing...there are SEVERAL activist,athletes, media members that work to break the cycle....but that's not news....no one wants to hear that. They only want to focus on Jesse jackson, Al Sharpton, Quannel X etc like they were elected as the voice of ALL black people

Another thing...there are SEVERAL activist,athletes, media members that work to break the cycle....but that's not news....no one wants to hear that. They only want to focus on Jesse jackson, Al Sharpton, Quannel X etc like they were elected as the voice of ALL black people

Thats why I hate when those guys get involved, for exactly what you stated, some ppl (including some ppl on this site) think they are. 

Thats why I hate when those guys get involved, for exactly what you stated, some ppl (including some ppl on this site) think they are. 

Quannel is an ass.......gets people to turn themselves in so he can collect the crime stoppers money...but, he fits the agenda that all blacks are racist, violent and loves their criminals. There is an agenda...few months ago, Adrian Peterson was arrested for Child abuse, another dad was arrested for discipling his children....now this mother is being praised for beating her son for protesting police brutality. I think it was you that said history has an way of repeating itself. I doubt many here have read "the making of a slave" by Willie Lynch(Slave Owner) in a letter he wrote to other slave owners on how to controll their slaves...this is what it reminded me of:

. For FEAR of the young male’s life, she will psychologically train him to beMENTALLY WEAK and DEPENDENT, but PHYSICALLY STRONG. Because she has become psychologically independent, she will train her FEMALE offsprings to be psychologically independent. What have you got? You’ve got the nigger WOMAN OUT FRONT AND THE niggerMAN BEHIND AND SCARED. This is a perfect situation of sound sleep and economics. Before the breaking process, we had to be alertly on guard at all times. Now, we can sleep soundly, for out of frozen fear his woman stands guard for us. He cannot get past her early slave-molding process. He is a good tool, now ready to be tied to the horse at a tender age. By the time a nigger boy reaches the age of sixteen, he is soundly broken in and ready for a long life of sound and efficient work and the reproduction of a unit of good labor force. Continually through the breaking of uncivilized savage niggers, by throwing the nigger female savage into a frozen psychological state of independence, by killing the protective male image, and by creating a submissive dependent mind of the nigger male slave, we have created an orbiting cycle that turns on its own axis forever, unless a phenomenon occurs and re-shifts the position of the male and female slaves. We show what we mean by example. Take the case of the two economic slave units and examine them 

I usually try to stay away from threads about politics, religion, child raising, racism...etc....everyone has an opinions. In a war of opinions everyone is the winner AND loser...you can go on for days. Don't get me wrong...I'm the nicest guy you'll meet, I have friends that are black, white, hispanic, gay, lesbian, democrat, republican, etc...I love people. I was BLESSED to be born at the bottom and able to make my way to the top so that I can experince both sides. Forgive me for ranting, I'm just tired of seeing "It's your fault, you ran".....I'm scared to death of Police to this day...they make me nervous...I know what they are capable of....I was never a drug deal, but I had a few possesion charges some how as a teenager when unbagged rocks mysteriously appeared in my pocket or under my seat...and Like I said before...I sat downtown Houston in a homicide case that happened in the montrose area the same time I was sitting in Camp Casey, Korea on the other side of the world at the exact same time, yet the police had soooo much "Evidence" against me that I actually thought "Well, it may be possible I got drunk off Soju, flew out of Seoul, killed this guy, came back and I just don't remember"

I just think there is too much finger pointing and not enough people willing to sit down and look at the real issues and come up with a solution.

Dog climbs under fence bites kid

Dog owner: The board was on your side of the fence which is your responsibility

Parent: Pit Bull's are dangerous, your dog was in my yard

Dog owner: Your child was teasing my dog

This goes on and own and own and everyone forgets the original story A child was injured by a dog.

That's what these ferguson, Freddy Grey cases are like,