Chris Babin named new AD/HC at Lumberton

I agree to a point. But there's also a lack of passion in thay program. There's a few that show that they care about the program, but for the most part, people outside of Warren don't see any passion for their program.

Oh I know it, seen it back when I was in HS, they were in our district. 

not sure what happened at Warren but I can tell u deweyville was nothing before him and is nothing again

When he got to Deweyville he had a group of juniors that had been successful all the way thru school. After his 2nd year he did what any sensible coach would've done. Leave a hero. If he had stayed probly would've had a similar season that Coach Dale did this season. He knew the talent graduated.

It's a shame he was so adamant on being a head coach in the area. Honestly he could have had a really good job after that 2nd yr at Dville.

Now it's gonna take another 3 or 4 seasons to get 9 wins. If they keep him that long.

I agree to a point. But there's also a lack of passion in thay program. There's a few that show that they care about the program, but for the most part, people outside of Warren don't see any passion for their program.

Get real dude...Just another opportunity for you to get in a shot...smh...

When he got to Deweyville he had a group of juniors that had been successful all the way thru school. After his 2nd year he did what any sensible coach would've done. Leave a hero. If he had stayed probly would've had a similar season that Coach Dale did this season. He knew the talent graduated.

It's a shame he was so adamant on being a head coach in the area. Honestly he could have had a really good job after that 2nd yr at Dville.

Now it's gonna take another 3 or 4 seasons to get 9 wins. If they keep him that long.

+1

Must have not put his 0-10 record at Scarborough on his resume.

incorrect as always he was 2-8 the last coach to win a game there. That was also after a winless season. Curly with an ax to grind as always. Babin's short self must have gave you a wedgie once bc you throw nothing but shade his way.

He will do well at a bigger school with more talent. I know people are thinking "it's just Lumberton". But he will have a whole lot more to work with there than he did in Warren, not to mention better assistants and facilities. Congrats Coach!

Actually being at a bigger school in this case might hurt him. Lumberton is 5A, but just barely. They will be anywhere from 300 students smaller than most teams they play and 1000 students smaller. So more talent than Warren or Deweyville, yes, but your only talking about a difference in 40-70 students in most cases in 3A and 2A. Thats like one maybe two good players. If its 300-1000 your talking 5-10 extra good players. And since you can only play 11 at any given time 1A through 6A, having 10 more good players than your opponent matters!!
Good Luck Babin...ur gonna need it.

All of this is pretty irrelevant. This has been happening forever. When a team loses the coach is an idiot...when the team wins the coach is a genius. I'm not saying coaching doesn't matter because it does. But the ability to coach doesn't have near as much to do with it as the talent of the players on the team.

When Babin left Dville it could've been said that he is a spectacular coach and has built a winning tradition.... Or...it could be said that he had an exceptional group of players relative to the competition they played. If he would've stayed another year I guarantee they go from a 9 win season to a sub .500 season. I guarantee it. And why? Technically coaches get better year after year...and he would've had kids that were under his system for a full 2 years.. So why do I know they would've been bad? Well..the talent graduated and the competition got tougher. Dville would've been good those 2 years with most coaches. And they would've been bad this year with most coaches. And you know what...if alignment doesn't do Lumberton a huge favor they'll struggle under Babin as well.

If a coach truly is a better coach why don't the same coaches win any championship in any sport year after year? Shift of talent. That's why.