Chris Babin named new AD/HC at Lumberton

Let's hope our school board gives him a better chance than Larry had. Any other job where you show a 30% increase in production in your second year usually gets you a pat on the back, not Lumberton. As an alumni, I'm getting very disheartened at the way we run football coaches through this school, never allowing for a real program to get established. Since soccer and the girls sports are all minor sports they apparently don't see that with stability there has been a lot of success.

Power toss

Yes, from the Bmt enterprise interview Babin said he will run a balanced offense featuring the 2 backs from last year mixing in 20-25 passes a game. He said he knows he will be throwing the ball the most he ever has in his coaching career but is confident he has the personnel to execute it. Also switching from 4-3 defense to an attacking 3-4. I know the boys that showed up for the board meeting were excited. Good luck Coach Babin.

Let's hope our school board gives him a better chance than Larry had. Any other job where you show a 30% increase in production in your second year usually gets you a pat on the back, not Lumberton. As an alumni, I'm getting very disheartened at the way we run football coaches through this school, never allowing for a real program to get established. Since soccer and the girls sports are all minor sports they apparently don't see that with stability there has been a lot of success.

I could not agree more, but it is also the parents. I hope he has enough ummmm, courage to set the parents straight when they try to coach the team. I would bench any kid who's parent tries to coach or complain.......Probably why I'm not a coach.....

I could not agree more, but it is also the parents. I hope he has enough ummmm, courage to set the parents straight when they try to coach the team. I would bench any kid who's parent tries to coach or complain.......Probably why I'm not a coach.....

And if he does that then he won't last. And if he does not do that...but loses...he won't last long. I really see a no win situation here. Unless they win immediately and keep winning. Even that may not be enough with parents like that.

And if he does that then he won't last. And if he does not do that...but loses...he won't last long. I really see a no win situation here. Unless they win immediately and keep winning. Even that may not be enough with parents like that.

I would hope all that would be mentioned in the interview process......unless the district wants a puppet....

They are in our district, Ned.

How was his record at Warren?

What is his overal record?

CHRIS BABIN
3 years; 18-14-0; 2-1-0
—staff, Lumberton—
2012  Deweyville                   8-3-0*
2013  Deweyville                   9-2-0 R​
2014  Warren​                         1-9-0