Chris Babin named new AD/HC at Lumberton

So you admit that your kid went to Evadale to play "100%" of the time, not to hang with his buddy. There is nothing wrong with it, but don't act like he was only playing 25% of the time because of politics in Lumberton. That is what you said. This started with you saying that you moved him to Evadale because coaches played the better player and didn't play politics.

No....football is the absolute last reason he went. I would not have agreed to do it had it been JUST football.....academically they are great. He went becuse of his buddy and I agreed because it is a good school district......football was just a benefit.

and BTW, my son played a lot in Lumberton. He was happy there.....he just likes Evadale better.....

No....football is the absolute last reason he went. I would not have agreed to do it had it been JUST football.....academically they are great. He went becuse of his buddy and I agreed because it is a good school district......football was just a benefit.

and BTW, my son played a lot in Lumberton. He was happy there.....he just likes Evadale better.....

I would think you would know 100% why, I mean you are his father. ;)

You are obviously having an issue understanding what an implication is. Yeah he stated that, but then implied that it was because coaches in Lumberton played politics. Once again, trolling. Do what you have to do to get that post count up Buddy! Maybe they'll send you a certificate for your bedroom when you hit 100k!

You seem bitter today, no big goings on in ol' Hull & Daisetta lately? 98-99 seems so long ago, hopefully yall see better days.  B)

My first sentence stated the reason. My Son asked. The last line was just an observation.

Then why involve that observation in the discussion of the move?

Would your son still "ask" to move to Evadale because of his friend being there even if he was playing 100% of the time and was the star player at Lumberton?

Not running it down.....but it needs improvement at the younger levels.....

Are you saying there are no politics at Lumberton?  Just curious.....

You were running it down by saying your kid is now at a school where the coaches play the best kids and there are no politics, but we can agree to disagree on that.

By politics in Lumberton, what are you referring to?  I don't know a single kid on the varsity roster who did not deserve to be starting or playing as much as he did.  Same with baseball, basketball (girls and boys), track (girls and boys), etc, etc.  And like I said before, I have kids that have not started or been on the A team.  So if someone was going to see it, I think I would be in a good position to experience and feel that.  Please elaborate on what your experience was that made you feel that way.  Am I saying that LISD can't improve?  Absolutely not.  And that goes for academics as well as athletics.  But I think parents blaming politics is a bigger problem than actual politics. Just my opinion.

I know of a couple people that moved their kids to a smaller school for their senior season to get more playing time. I also agree that high school is usually the last competitive sports played for the majority of kids. I have no problem with a parent and kid choosing that route at all. I do, however, have a problem with someone labeling the former school as having "politics" involved when it comes to playing time. Sounds like sour grapes imho.

You were running it down by saying your kid is now at a school where the coaches play the best kids and there are no politics, but we can agree to disagree on that.

By politics in Lumberton, what are you referring to?  I don't know a single kid on the varsity roster who did not deserve to be starting or playing as much as he did.  Same with baseball, basketball (girls and boys), track (girls and boys), etc, etc.  And like I said before, I have kids that have not started or been on the A team.  So if someone was going to see it, I think I would be in a good position to experience and feel that.  Please elaborate on what your experience was that made you feel that way.  Am I saying that LISD can't improve?  Absolutely not.  And that goes for academics as well as athletics.  But I think parents blaming politics is a bigger problem than actual politics. Just my opinion.

Like I said a few post back, we had no issues, my experience was a good one at Lumberton, We played 7th grade, I have no knowledge of anything varsity. The politics I was referring to was a general observation of people complaining. You hear a lot about parents constantly visiting coaches to talk about their kld and other parents that don't like it. I was never involved in that, just heard the sideline jabber.

I hear ya.  I agree that you have some who complain and some who spend too much time visiting the fieldhouse.  I guess because I have not seen it result in more playing time, I just laughed it off.  We only have a problem when the coach lets those visits influence playing time.  I think Credeur and Haynes both did a great job of standing strong in that regard and i'm confident Babin will be as well.  Good luck to your son.

Disparage small school athletes? That makes me shake my head.

You have a son who plays on a summer league team "comprised of a lot of small school kids", that competes against "all" competition, and that is your basis for arguing that small schools don't have more opportunity for lesser athletes to play than bigger schools? Get out of here with that nonsense.

Take the top three footballers from HD (with the exception of Cade Huckaby. I'd contend that he could play, in some role, anywhere. He wouldn't be a QB though) and move them to PNG, and they're on the golf team, with their parents complaining about politics.

I could care less about football. I am talking the true sport - baseball. I know this is a football gorum, and way off topic, but I didn't send the rabbit down this trail.

They just simply need to do one thing: Let the coach do their job and that is coach! How would the parent feel if their son/daughter's coach were to come into his/her place of employment and tell them how to do their job?

in certain jobs it happens daily.