Sept. 27 - at Beaumont Ozen, 17-34*

Oct. 3 - Beaumont Central, 7-68*

Oct. 10 - at Port Neches-Groves, 10-55*

Oct. 17 - Baytown Lee, 42-21*

Oct. 24 - at Baytown Goose Creek Memorial, 27-32*

Oct. 31 - at Vidor, 24-21*

Nov. 7 - Nederland, 39-62*

Some very mediocre teams I must say

Not sure how you get a win on a bye week for one thing. On another note, he's showing last year's schedule and results. I imagine the predistrict schedule will change a bit. If the Raiders can avoid injuries, they will not be an easy W for their opponents. I'll go out on a limb and say 5 or 6 wins next year. They should have won 3 more last year.

Not sure how you get a win on a bye week for one thing. On another note, he's showing last year's schedule and results. I imagine the predistrict schedule will change a bit. If the Raiders can avoid injuries, they will not be an easy W for their opponents. I'll go out on a limb and say 5 or 6 wins next year. They should have won 3 more last year.

Schedule stays the same. Only difference will be home and away.

Schedules are made for 2 seasons.

3-7 following 1-29 the previous three seasons. Would you schedule ass kickers following 1-29 the previous three seasons. if you do good luck keeping your job. Football wins are about athletes and scheduling. If you don't have athletes you better be good at scheduling or its gonna be a quick tenure. Or at Lumberton they will just fire anyways so i guess it really doesnt matter. Babin is following the 2 winningest coaches in Lumberton history only guys to win7 or morte games in a season in the history of the schools existence, and those guys had no leeway. Good luck to the new guy but even if he wins 5 games this year he loses all the seniors coming back. They have been hyping that group as the best since 08, then you're looking at sub par talent and a board thats not going to give you time. don't see how it can work unless they drop after realignment. Thats not bashing the coach thats pointing out history.

I am suprised Lumberton gets this much attention.  Its not like they are a Football Town thats had all kinds of success.  Sorry if I offend but they are like a lot of schools in the area, they get a great group of kids every so often then back to sub-par years after that. Its always been like that I know since the 80s. They have never had steady success. 7 losing seasons in past 11 years. 2 winning seasons and 2 .500 seasons..... and they have athletes. Always have.  Something is just not right there.  I hope Babin gets it done. But he is in same situation as he was at Deweyville and Warren. Deweyville had their every so often group when he was there.  No doubt Warren will have theirs soon. All 3 schools are similar, just different in size. All have athletes. Great kids.  I see the communities as the problem.  They all want to win but they also want Little Johnny to play. Even start. Lets Little Johnny be a problem child. Does not make or encourage Little Johnny to work hard. (Just some examples.) Thats more important than wins......another problem is no coach ever wants to stay and build the programs. These are tough jobs but no one said building a program was easy.  The communities have to pick the right coach and give them time as well.  These coaches need to embrace that time and build it even if you make parents mad.  I see a lot of coaches letting parents persuade them on decisions.  Successful coaches do not allow that. Anyways, Good Luck to all 3 schools. 

Of course there is more to the equation of who wins a football game Jock Strap, but when you are looking at scheduling from a coaches perspective, you don't think well I have worse athletes than all these teams but I will out coach and outwork them and win the turnover battle. If you constantly think you can overcome talent because you're a far superior coach then you are thinking with your other head and you're assuming your opponent isn't a good coach. I'm talking about the thought process behind creating your schedule as a coach because someone mentioned how weak the schedule was.You'd be an idiot to schedule Silsbee Barbers Hill and Crosby for pre district games because your district except maybe vidor also has superior athletes than you. So like i said when you're at lumberton you aren't winning the athlete battle so you better schedule games you can win or its 0-10 or 1-9 every year.

Of course there is more to the equation of who wins a football game Jock Strap, but when you are looking at scheduling from a coaches perspective, you don't think well I have worse athletes than all these teams but I will out coach and outwork them and win the turnover battle. If you constantly think you can overcome talent because you're a far superior coach then you are thinking with your other head and you're assuming your opponent isn't a good coach. I'm talking about the thought process behind creating your schedule as a coach because someone mentioned how weak the schedule was.You'd be an idiot to schedule Silsbee Barbers Hill and Crosby for pre district games because your district except maybe vidor also has superior athletes than you. So like i said when you're at lumberton you aren't winning the athlete battle so you better schedule games you can win or its 0-10 or 1-9 every year.

I thought maybe I read your post wrong so I looked back at it.  Nope, this is what you said, "Football wins are about athletes and scheduling"

I thought maybe I read your post wrong so I looked back at it.  Nope, this is what you said, "Football wins are about athletes and scheduling"

Nothing to do with coaching, tradition, programs and youth league!

Ask WOS their athletes leave every year, schedule changes, long time coach leaves. Guess what?.. Program moves on.

I hear thru the rumor mill in Orange Co.
That current coach is not treating some players with respect --- may be transferring out to Houston area LCM, etc.... Time will tell.

3-7 following 1-29 the previous three seasons. Would you schedule ass kickers following 1-29 the previous three seasons. if you do good luck keeping your job. Football wins are about athletes and scheduling. If you don't have athletes you better be good at scheduling or its gonna be a quick tenure. Or at Lumberton they will just fire anyways so i guess it really doesnt matter. Babin is following the 2 winningest coaches in Lumberton history only guys to win7 or morte games in a season in the history of the schools existence, and those guys had no leeway. Good luck to the new guy but even if he wins 5 games this year he loses all the seniors coming back. They have been hyping that group as the best since 08, then you're looking at sub par talent and a board thats not going to give you time. don't see how it can work unless they drop after realignment. Thats not bashing the coach thats pointing out history.

Kevin Johnson went 8-2.

http://texashighschoolfootballhistory.com/season_records___l.html

Correct but the sentence before that though you can see i'm clearly referring to who you put on the schedule. I apologize for not laying it out more clearly and assuming you context clues would kick in. West Orange always has athletes, they have 6 leave but then 6 more show up every single year, bad example my man. Yes they have tradition but that tradition is they have some of the best athletes in the area every single year, like multiple players who started for nfl teams with super bowl rings type of athletes so dont give me youth leagues and tradition, Earl Thomas didnt ball because of youth leagues and tradition he balled because he is a phenomenal athlete. You guys are killing me here, I'm simply saying that as a coach if you don't have athletes of course you are going to schedule winnable games. I'm not implying that nothing else matters in a game of football. Im talking about creating a schedule.

Oh yeah that was TJ Lights group correct? Forgot about them, incredible defense that year. Think they were 7-3 though cause they took three to the playoffs that year and they missed out. I could be wrong on the 7-3 though.

lost a tough one to WOS to knock them out playoff contention if I remember correctly.