Chris Babin named new AD/HC at Lumberton

Nothing to do with coaching, tradition, programs and youth league!

Ask WOS their athletes leave every year, schedule changes, long time coach leaves. Guess what?.. Program moves on.

I hear thru the rumor mill in Orange Co.
That current coach is not treating some players with respect --- may be transferring out to Houston area LCM, etc.... Time will tell.

I here Lcm is getting two from Wos for next year. I did hear one might transfer to Houston.

3-7 following 1-29 the previous three seasons. Would you schedule ass kickers following 1-29 the previous three seasons. if you do good luck keeping your job. Football wins are about athletes and scheduling. If you don't have athletes you better be good at scheduling or its gonna be a quick tenure. Or at Lumberton they will just fire anyways so i guess it really doesnt matter. Babin is following the 2 winningest coaches in Lumberton history only guys to win7 or morte games in a season in the history of the schools existence, and those guys had no leeway. Good luck to the new guy but even if he wins 5 games this year he loses all the seniors coming back. They have been hyping that group as the best since 08, then you're looking at sub par talent and a board thats not going to give you time. don't see how it can work unless they drop after realignment. Thats not bashing the coach thats pointing out history.

---

I am suprised Lumberton gets this much attention.  Its not like they are a Football Town thats had all kinds of success.  Sorry if I offend but they are like a lot of schools in the area, they get a great group of kids every so often then back to sub-par years after that. Its always been like that I know since the 80s. They have never had steady success. 7 losing seasons in past 11 years. 2 winning seasons and 2 .500 seasons..... and they have athletes. Always have.  Something is just not right there.  I hope Babin gets it done. But he is in same situation as he was at Deweyville and Warren. Deweyville had their every so often group when he was there.  No doubt Warren will have theirs soon. All 3 schools are similar, just different in size. All have athletes. Great kids.  I see the communities as the problem.  They all want to win but they also want Little Johnny to play. Even start. Lets Little Johnny be a problem child. Does not make or encourage Little Johnny to work hard. (Just some examples.) Thats more important than wins......another problem is no coach ever wants to stay and build the programs. These are tough jobs but no one said building a program was easy.  The communities have to pick the right coach and give them time as well.  These coaches need to embrace that time and build it even if you make parents mad.  I see a lot of coaches letting parents persuade them on decisions.  Successful coaches do not allow that. Anyways, Good Luck to all 3 schools. 

Lumberton has grown about 35% over the last 10 years.....while most of the surrounding cities have fought to stay even or have lost population. If we can get a coach that will stand up to school board and parents, we have a great chance of being a winning program. As your comments about the parents, I agree.

Lumberton has grown about 35% over the last 10 years.....while most of the surrounding cities have fought to stay even or have lost population. If we can get a coach that will stand up to school board and parents, we have a great chance of being a winning program. As your comments about the parents, I agree.

I keep hearing that but we are not seeing that in the numbers IMO.

2014 Lumberton 1109
2012           1087
2010           1063.5

That's a whopping 46 students gain over the last three alignments.  So do all of these people moving into Lumberton not have kids??  Or will we see a big jump in a few years??   Lumberton's population has grown over 3200 people since 2010.

I keep hearing that but we are not seeing that in the numbers IMO.

2014 Lumberton 1109
2012           1087
2010           1063.5

That's a whopping 46 students gain over the last three alignments.  So do all of these people moving into Lumberton not have kids??  Or will we see a big jump in a few years??   Lumberton's population has grown over 3200 people since 2010.

Probably like Orangefield (very young couples moving in) 

Here's the breakdown by grade level with percentage of campus and total district:

Count   Percent(Campus)   District
Elementary
Grade 1          308        34.3%                  8.1% 
Grade 2          271        30.2%                  7.1% 
Grade 3          319        35.5%                  8.4%

Intermediate
Grade 4          292        34.8%                  7.6% 
Grade 5          268        31.9%                  7.0% 
Grade 6          280        33.3%                  7.3%

Middle 
Grade 7         295        49.9%                   7.8% 
Grade 8         296        50.1%                   7.8%

High School
Grade 9         296        26.7%                   7.8% 
Grade 10       298        26.9%                   7.8% 
Grade 11       245        22.1%                   6.4% 
Grade 12      270         24.3%                   7.1% 

So it looks like some of the enrollment jump will come in the next couple of years from 7th and 8th grade, and again from kids who are currently in 1st , 3rd and 4th grade.  Of course this doesn't factor in move ins/outs and dropouts.

Sources:

TragicHippy only said those people lived in Lumberton.  Their kids actually go to PNG, Kelly, Legacy, Evadale, HJ, etc, etc.   :)

Actually, I live in Lumberton and Son asked last year to go to Evadale. A friend of his had went and loved it. He is loving it. No politics and the coaches play the best kid for the position......

yep,   PNG had Hughes and Schultz  from Lumberton

Walker and Halfin from HF

we have had our share too.

have a good friend who is an ex PNG coach  who pointed to these players and the stroke of luck these 4  are/were for them

so are you saying PNG is recruiting athletes?

Actually, I live in Lumberton and Son asked last year to go to Evadale. A friend of his had went and loved it. He is loving it. No politics and the coaches play the best kid for the position......

My kids have not always been a starter or on A team but I never felt like it was political. I guess I just don't have the victim mentality like some people.

If that is what you truly believe, you are a part of the problem.

Coaches hang their livelihoods on wins and losses. To assume that a coach is playing another, less talented kid over yours due to politics, is a short sighted assessment. Your kid plays at Evadale because they are 2A and not 5A.

If that is what you truly believe, you are a part of the problem.

Coaches hang their livelihoods on wins and losses. To assume that a coach is playing another, less talented kid over yours due to politics, is a short sighted assessment. Your kid plays at Evadale because they are 2A and not 5A.

Easy there hoss! My son plays at Evadale. In the summer he plays on a team comprised of a lot of small school kids. We compete, and win against all competition. No need to disparage small school athletes to make yourself feel better.

Easy there hoss! My son plays at Evadale. In the summer he plays on a team comprised of a lot of small school kids. We compete, and win against all competition. No need to disparage small school athletes to make yourself feel better.

Isnt HD a small school?