Does God Love Homosexuals?

RETIREDFAN1

So we are told not to make hypocritical judgements, but yet most people that I know closely are hypocrites when it comes to religion. I see people in the church that are on their 2nd and 3rd marriages due to their said temptations (adultery). When I was 18 I approached the Catholic Church to marry me and my wife of almost 22 years now and they told me and her no by two different priest both stating that we were too young and not ready to be married. They tried judging us!

What makes it THE TRUTH? Because as a young child your parents and priest told you it was the truth? Because as an adult you decided to read the bible and interpret it how it fit your needs?

Trust me I am not basing my understanding off of a bunch of posters on a message board! That would be what religious people do! They base there understanding off of what different people interpret the bible to say and then convince people in need of something that this is the TRUTH!
Let's go back to the original post question. Does God love homosexuals? Well they haven't all burst into a ball of flames bcause of their supposed sins so I guess they are good!

Everybody wants to answer the question on weather or not a gay was born that way or if it is a learned behavior? Well until you have walked in an individual's shoes and been through what they have been through you can't honestly answer that question. Who really and truly cares if they were born that way or if it was a learned behavior (choice), just now that at this point in their lives they are in love with somebody of the same sex. They are humans and should be treated like a human just like other human would want to be treated.

I think the bible is one of the best books ever written (without ever reading it) because of the amount of interpretations that people have made about it. Most of the things that I hear about the bible tend to sound like tall tales being told around a campfire. I am with Messiah on the fact that if you are going to go the route of the bible then you should not pick and choose the parts that are convenient to fit your life.

Have at it and judge me all you want! I will sit back with my popcorn and enjoy the comments!

So we are told not to make hypocritical judgements, but yet most people that I know closely are hypocrites when it comes to religion. I see people in the church that are on their 2nd and 3rd marriages due to their said temptations (adultery). When I was 18 I approached the Catholic Church to marry me and my wife of almost 22 years now and they told me and her no by two different priest both stating that we were too young and not ready to be married. They tried judging us!

What makes it THE TRUTH? Because as a young child your parents and priest told you it was the truth? Because as an adult you decided to read the bible and interpret it how it fit your needs?

Trust me I am not basing my understanding off of a bunch of posters on a message board! That would be what religious people do! They base there understanding off of what different people interpret the bible to say and then convince people in need of something that this is the TRUTH!
Let's go back to the original post question. Does God love homosexuals? Well they haven't all burst into a ball of flames bcause of their supposed sins so I guess they are good!

Everybody wants to answer the question on weather or not a gay was born that way or if it is a learned behavior? Well until you have walked in an individual's shoes and been through what they have been through you can't honestly answer that question. Who really and truly cares if they were born that way or if it was a learned behavior (choice), just now that at this point in their lives they are in love with somebody of the same sex. They are humans and should be treated like a human just like other human would want to be treated.

I think the bible is one of the best books ever written (without ever reading it) because of the amount of interpretations that people have made about it. Most of the things that I hear about the bible tend to sound like tall tales being told around a campfire. I am with Messiah on the fact that if you are going to go the route of the bible then you should not pick and choose the parts that are convenient to fit your life.

Have at it and judge me all you want! I will sit back with my popcorn and enjoy the comments!

Don't base your view of Christianity off of Christians...base it off of Christ.

We many times don't represent well...He always does.

That's called sin.....just because a vast majority of people do it, does not make it right.....

They were brainwashed since early age. Just like Santa and the tooth fairy.

If they were born in Pakistan they'd be telling us how great Mohammed or whoever is.

If they were born in ancient greece they'd be preaching about Zeus or Apollo

If they were born to a native American tribe in the 1300s they'd be telling us about the sun god.

They just don't get it..

Here is a good question, were you born (insert your religion) ? Or were you taught to be (insert you religion)? Or did you choose to be (insert your religion)?

They were brainwashed since early age. Just like Santa and the tooth fairy.

If they were born in Pakistan they'd be telling us how great Mohammed or whoever is.

If they were born in ancient greece they'd be preaching about Zeus or Apollo

If they were born to a native American tribe in the 1300s they'd be telling us about the sun god.

They just don't get it..

So you were raised by parents that brainwashed you to believe in no God...or are you somehow exempt from the brainwashing process but we aren't?

I went to church and all that fun stuff when I was younger.

Fortunately for me, I'm extremely intelligent and realized as I got older that the whole concept just sounds incredibly retarded.

Muslims in Pakistan are using the exact same arguments Christians use to defend their religion. "Word of Muhammad!" = "word of Jesus". Seriously, just sit there and think about it for a minute.

So you were raised by parents that brainwashed you to believe in no God...or are you somehow exempt from the brainwashing process but we aren't?

My parents don't go to church anymore and I suspect they're not believers anymore either. Or they fall into the "want to beleive, but deep down know it's all bull" category.

I respectfully point out that you appear to be judging all "religious people" without knowing them and judging the contents of the bible without reading it.

Back to the original question; Does God love homosexuals?  YES

What does the Old Testament say about gay people?

If the bible is the word of God then it's not open for interpretation. You can't twist and turn what's in it to fit your viewpoints.

Either :

1) God hates gays and being gay is a choice
2) God hates gays but made gay people anyway (smart idea right?)
3) The bible is stupid

I respectfully point out that you appear to be judging all "religious people" without knowing them and judging the contents of the bible without reading it.

Back to the original question; Does God love homosexuals?  YES

What does the Old Testament say about gay people?

If the bible is the word of God then it's not open for interpretation. You can't twist and turn what's in it to fit your viewpoints.

Either :

1) God hates gays and being gay is a choice
2) God hates gays but made gay people anyway (smart idea right?)
3) The bible is stupid

Can you show me in the Bible where God hates gay people?

Quick Google search -

You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination. (NKJ, Leviticus 18:22)

If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them. (NKJ, Leviticus 20:13)

Can you show me in the Bible where God hates gay people?

Enlightened for a person that dont believe in God you sure spend alot of time trying to convince yourself he doesn't exist.

Many atheists do...they also (the ones I've dealt with anyway) can't leave well enough alone and simply disagree, they try to belittle the beliefs of believers in an effort to make themselves feel better about their own beliefs / non-beliefs.

Quick Google search -

You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination. (NKJ, Leviticus 18:22)

If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them. (NKJ, Leviticus 20:13)

Correct...God hates the SIN...but he always hopes that the SINNER will repent (and I'm talking all sins) 

God does not hate anyone.