Does God Love Homosexuals?

RETIREDFAN1

the article in itself really isn't bad, as that IS the attitude that Christians should take towards homosexuals. but Christians must remember that every single Christian is living a lifestyle of some sort of biblical sin, and Christians also need to remember that homosexuality is not a choice, as some would like to pretend. if it was, all of us would be able to remember a time in our own lives when we decided to be heterosexual.

If it were not a choice, it would not be a sin.........no pretense there at all......

I understand the thinking, but I've known too many homosexuals that have told me differently. And considering how disgusting the idea of homosexual sex is to me, "choosing" to be homosexual would be impossible for me. Could you make that choice? There have also been too many kids that I've known when they were very young, and I could already tell, and then sure enough, 10-15 years later, they turn out to be gay. Our sexuality is the strongest urge we have, and I can't imagine any straight person making a CHOICE to be ostracized by society, shunned by religion, and in general be thought of as a lesser person for the reason of... just because?

I understand the thinking, but I've known too many homosexuals that have told me differently. And considering how disgusting the idea of homosexual sex is to me, "choosing" to be homosexual would be impossible for me. Could you make that choice? There have also been too many kids that I've known when they were very young, and I could already tell, and then sure enough, 10-15 years later, they turn out to be gay. Our sexuality is the strongest urge we have, and I can't imagine any straight person making a CHOICE to be ostracized by society, shunned by religion, and in general be thought of as a lesser person for the reason of... just because?

Nice theory...but that's all it is, your theory.

Why does someone choose to be a drug addict when it destroys their life...are they born a drug addict...can they choose not to be a drug addict?

Homosexuality is behavior, not genetic...that's my theory.

I understand the thinking, but I've known too many homosexuals that have told me differently.

12 Proverbs 14: 12

12 There is a way that seems right to a man,
    but its end is the way to death

Proverbs 12: 15

The way of a fool is right in his own eyes,

but a wise man listens to advice.

They can claim whatever they want......doesn't mean they are right......

And considering how disgusting the idea of homosexual sex is to me, "choosing" to be homosexual would be impossible for me. Could you make that choice? There have also been too many kids that I've known when they were very young, and I could already tell, and then sure enough, 10-15 years later, they turn out to be gay. Our sexuality is the strongest urge we have, and I can't imagine any straight person making a CHOICE to be ostracized by society, shunned by religion, and in general be thought of as a lesser person for the reason of... just because?

Then  you CHOSE to be heterosexual, just like I CHOSE to be heterosexual........you "can't imagine any straight person making a CHOICE to be ostracized by society, shunned by religion, and generally thought to be a lesser person" because THAT "straight" person made the CHOICE to be straight and so is not on the receiving end of any of those.......

Guys, I believe in God.....

I also believe that being gay is not a choice. I used to think it was, but me being straight as they come, I cannot imagine any way I would choose to be with a man. I honestly think I would die first, first out of pride, second out of gross......

And as 77 just pointed out, my God loves everyone.....

Guys, I believe in God.....

I also believe that being gay is not a choice. I used to think it was, but me being straight as they come, I cannot imagine any way I would choose to be with a man. I honestly think I would die first, first out of pride, second out of gross......

And as 77 just pointed out, my God loves everyone.....

Hippie, you are going to have to explain this to us.  The Bible talks extensively against the homosexual act.  God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because of it.  But yet God creates homosexuals?  Help us with the contradiction.

Then you CHOSE to be heterosexual, just like I CHOSE to be heterosexual........you "can't imagine any straight person making a CHOICE to be ostracized by society, shunned by religion, and generally thought to be a lesser person" because THAT "straight" person made the CHOICE to be straight and so is not on the receiving end of any of those.......

That's the thing... I never made a choice to be heterosexual. I just always was. There's no "choice" that I could make that would let me be turned on by other guys, no more than I could make a choice to enjoy eating broccoli. I could choose to eat broccoli, but I could never enjoy the taste. It's gross to me.

Nice theory...but that's all it is, your theory.

Why does someone choose to be a drug addict when it destroys their life...are they born a drug addict...can they choose not to be a drug addict?

Homosexuality is behavior, not genetic...that's my theory.

You're comparing apples to rocks. And the difference between your theory and mine is that I've known dozens of homosexuals, and have talked to many of them about this topic to become more educated about it since I debate it so often. Most of the people I've met with theories similar to yours would never take the time to talk to homosexuals about their sexuality, because their mind is already made up.

As for comparing homosexuality to drug use: if your theory that everyone is born straight is correct, someone is choosing to ignore the strongest urges that we have to make a "choice" that will make them an outcast. As much as I've always liked girls, I can't imagine ANY reason to make the choice to be gay, even if there weren't a myriad of social stigmas and discriminations associated with the choice. Drug use is a lot different. People do drugs because they make them feel good. They make them forget their problems. They're trying to be cool. Their friends do it. And then they get hooked. That's a lot different issue than homosexuality, where you can get the exact same gratification through much more socially acceptable means, namely straight sex.

That's the thing... I never made a choice to be heterosexual. I just always was. There's no "choice" that I could make that would let me be turned on by other guys, no more than I could make a choice to enjoy eating broccoli. I could choose to eat broccoli, but I could never enjoy the taste. It's gross to me.

So, you are saying that God creates homosexuals?  

You're comparing apples to rocks. And the difference between your theory and mine is that I've known dozens of homosexuals, and have talked to many of them about this topic to become more educated about it since I debate it so often. Most of the people I've met with theories similar to yours would never take the time to talk to homosexuals about their sexuality, because their mind is already made up.

Like I said...that's your theory, nothing more.

Do you think some folks are born bisexual?