Does God Love Homosexuals?

RETIREDFAN1

Excellent take! Jews believe, Mormans believe, Baptist believe, etc... Even homosexual, liberals believe, communist believe.

Got to be open minded and believe what you are comfortable with. Don't judge others.

God bless you all.

So if you had a brother-in-law that repeatedly cheated on your sister would you have no opinion on his behavior so as not to "judge" him?

I doubt it.

Just because I may disagree with someone's choice of lifestyle doesn't mean I am judging them.

You seem to be doing the judging towards Christians because you don't agree with their beliefs.

It always tickles me when Christians quote the Bible when trying to convince non-believers that the Bible is not just a book.

The Bible is the only way to open the eyes of a non-believer.    Isaiah 55:10-11Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

10 For just as rain and snow fall from heaven
and do not return there
without saturating the earth
and making it germinate and sprout,
and providing seed to sow
and food to eat,
11 so My word that comes from My mouth
will not return to Me empty,
but it will accomplish what I please
and will prosper in what I send it to do.”

Is it a book that we, as Chrisians, believe in? The Bible is how God reveled Himself to the world so that sinful men may be saved. 

Are other religions "bibles" just books that they believe in? I do not know you would have to ask them.

Dr. Wall (liberal LU prof., 1977) told us if we think life after death is better than life on earth AND God is all knowing and forgiving----then why don't we all committ suicide? â€‹Because God put in us the will to live thus the other side of that coin is normal people have a fear of death.  Hebrews 2:14Therefore, since the children share in flesh and blood, He Himself likewise also partook of the same, that through death He might render powerless him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, 15and might free those who through fear of death were subject to slavery all their lives. 16For assuredly He does not give help to angels, but He gives help to the descendant of Abraham.…

So if we as Christians are free from death and now have life in Christ Jesus why would we want to miss out on the adventure now laid in front of us.

God will forgive us and we will be in a better place??? The one who believes in the Son has eternal life, but  the one who refuses to believe in the Son will not see life; instead, the wrath of God remains on him. John 3:36

This is for  SEblue

Thanks jv_coach. The only problem, and the reason I get tickled, is the only evidence given for the Bible being the word of God is the Bible itself. I also find it interesting and telling that you needed to qualify which particular Bible you were quoting.

No, problem.  Do tell why you find it interesting and telling to qualify which particular Bible I was quoting from? 

Why I choose to trust the Bible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWU12DzPTUo

jv_coach - Why are there so many Bibles? Why so many different "words of God"?

So people can read them in their vernacular instead of the Greek or Latin or Hebrew which are all considered dead languages. A dead language is a language that nobody uses. So  the meaning of text written in these dead languages  have not changed over time, and a Bible translation can be double checked by modern scholars for authenticity purposes because of these dead languages.  Also that is why our human anatomy and the animals all have those greek names; because their meanings do not change over time and is also why we can trust the Bible. Because however one says "For the wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" in the Greek when the "original" manuscripts where written back in the day is still the same in our present age. So to tidy all this up the KJV was a translation based on the "original" manuscripts and the Holman Bible Translation is based of off original manuscripts. I say this because a good number of people think the more modern day translations are based off of the KJV and that is not true. Now when it comes to Translation styles their is word-for-word translations and thought-for-thought translations.Now as far as why I use the Holman Bible is because of the Apologetic Study Bible that they put out .  

So if one was to literally translate Romans 6:23 it would be something like this 

Romans 6:23Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

23 for the wages of the sin [is] death, and the gift of God [is] life age-during in Christ Jesus our Lord.

and this is how one would translate it into Ukraine 
До римлян 6:23Ukrainian Bible (UKR)

23 Ð‘о заплата за гріх смерть, а дар Божий вічне життя в Христі Ісусі, Господі нашім!

Ukrainian Bible (UKR)

by Public Domain

And this is how you would translate it into this language 

ରୋମୀୟଙ୍କ ପ୍ରତି ପତ୍ର 6:23Oriya Bible: Easy-to-Read Version (ERV-OR)

23 à¬ªà¬¾à¬ªà¬° ସ୍ୱାଭାବିକ ପରିଣତି ମୃତ୍ୟୁ। କିନ୍ତୁ ପରମେଶ୍ୱରଙ୍କ ଅନୁଗ୍ରହଦାନ ଆମ୍ଭର ପ୍ରଭୁ ଖ୍ରୀଷ୍ଟ ଯୀଶୁଙ୍କ ସହଭାଗୀତାରେ ତାହାଙ୍କ ଲୋକମାନଙ୍କୁ ଅନନ୍ତ ଜୀବନ ଦିଅନ୍ତି।

Oriya Bible: Easy-to-Read Version (ERV-OR)

2010 by World Bible Translation Center

Romans 6:23Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition (DRA)

23 For the wages of sin is death. But the grace of God, life everlasting, in Christ Jesus our Lord.

BTW: Hebrew may no longer be considered  a dead language since the Jews have their own country now and they do a lot if not all of their official writing in Hebrew  since 1948.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans+6%3A23&version=DRA  Here is a link to a lot of different Bible translations 

• 2 months later...

It is all about your belief and that is just all it is  -- your beliefs-  NOT FACTS_  the Bible, Koran, etc  are just books someone wrote.  period!!

I choose to believe in the Bible, the whole thing not just the New Testement.  Colemeshneilfan is a New Test only kinda guy.

I disagree, but thats why we have Catholics, Jews, church of christes, Mormans, etc...

It is all about your belief and that is just all it is  -- your beliefs-  NOT FACTS_  the Bible, Koran, etc  are just books someone wrote.  period!!

I choose to believe in the Bible, the whole thing not just the New Testement.  Colemeshneilfan is a New Test only kinda guy.

I disagree, but thats why we have Catholics, Jews, church of christes, Mormans, etc...

​What you choose to believe is irrelevant.....God has told us clearly that the Old Testament is no longer authoritative but only to be used as an example......try reading what the Holy Spirit had to say about it through Paul in Galatians.......

when did God tell you this?  

contrary to your narrow minded views,  it IS your belief --and that is GREAT that you believe so strongly.

dont confuse what you believe in and FACTS

I have to admit I enjoy your input, it is wrong, in my view, but I give you credit -- you are a believer (in what you believe in)

when did God tell you this?  

contrary to your narrow minded views,  it IS your belief --and that is GREAT that you believe so strongly.

dont confuse what you believe in and FACTS

I have to admit I enjoy your input, it is wrong, in my view, but I give you credit -- you are a believer (in what you believe in)

​He told me, you, and everyone ELSE this through the Holy Spirit's use of Paul in giving us the Book of Galatians.......it is God's Word.....you can believe it and live eternally, or you can not believe it and pay the eternal price......no skin off my back either way.....

Paul who??

I have never heard/spoken to God or Jesus

It is just a book of words on man made paper like a World History text book or the Koran,etc...

again, if you choose to believe that -- GREAT --  not everyone else believes that BS -  poor Pope and the Rogers brothers from Beaumont  who still give tons to the community can they make to Heaven????

Wait!!!!! what about Bishop Guillory,  HELL for him too? 

gonna git crowded down there.

Paul who??

I have never heard/spoken to God or Jesus

It is just a book of words on man made paper like a World History text book or the Koran,etc...

again, if you choose to believe that -- GREAT --  not everyone else believes that BS -  poor Pope and the Rogers brothers from Beaumont  who still give tons to the community can they make to Heaven????

Wait!!!!! what about Bishop Guillory,  HELL for him too? 

gonna git crowded down there.

​It will definitely be crowded.......

Matthew 7: 13 - 14

13 “Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. 14 For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.

Doesn't matter how many "good works" they do......if they don't DO WHAT GOD SAID TO DO, they will burn.....

Matthew 7: 21 - 23

21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

You won't be so flippant about it once you finally find out how wrong you are, either......

It's amazing to me that everyone and their brother knows the verse from Matthew that says, "Judge not, lest you be judged". However, they ignore the verses that tell us to judge righteously and that we'll know other Christians by their fruit. Sorry, but if anyone is truly a Christian, they will not stand neutral on topics that the bible clearly says are wrong. 

The Gospel is much simpler than Christians have made it. But, God's standard is higher than the point we've watered it down to as well.

1. NO ONE is good.

2. We are all sinners. Regardless if it is lying, stealing, adultery (even in your heart), homosexuality, lust, blasphemy, idol worship(putting things before Him) or murder.

3. The punishment for sin is eternity in hell.

4. Jesus paid for our sins because we never could. 

5. His grace covers our sin.

Christians are required to spread this message and to tell people the truth IN LOVE. If I truly love my child, I won't stand by the side of the road as they walk into traffic on I-10 and calmly request that they come back to my side, being careful not to upset them. Out of honest desire for them to live, I'll yell, grab their arm, sacrifice myself, or do anything it takes to make sure that they continue living. The same should go for Christians who know that the people around them are headed for certain death. Many Christians, myself included, have worried about making folks uncomfortable for far too long. People need to hear that they NEED a Savior, NOT that God wants them to be happy. We can do that with love and genuine concern though.

And yes... God LOVES homosexuals. God doesn't have a sin meter. ALL sin is the same and it separates us from HIM unless we receive his grace.

Edited by dayton