James Eagan Holmes

Mr. Buddy Garrity

The last stats I saw on the issue showed that blacks were underrepresented on death row.

Look at the known offenders by race and blacks committed slighly more than half of all murders yet are less than half of death row inmates. Even given for slight fluctuations from year to year (slightly over or under 50%) the results are roughly that blacks are on death row at similar rates to the known homicides based on race. I am not sure where a statement of three times more likely to get the death sentence comes from. If blacks commit about half of all murders and are 3 times as likely to be on death row, are they 150% of death row?

I read an article on this topic a few years ago. From the stats I read back then, a black was more likley to have the death penalty sought if the victim was white. That doesn't change the numbers as far as death row inmates but it is not (theoretical) justice for black victims. In other words, one race commits about half the murders and occupies about half of death row. That half is mainly for white victims however. The injustice is not how many blacks are on death row but how many black victims of murder will not have the ultimate sentence carried out on their behalf.

Maybe that is where the 3 times more likely comes from. The death sentence might be 3 times more likely sought if the victim is white. Of course then you have to toss in the stats that whites are way more likely to be the victim of a murder by blacks that the opposite of blacks being the victim of murder by whites.

I think you are right tvc (re: 3 Xs more likely when victim is white). I believe that was a study from Yale University 5-10 years ago. Thanks for the clarification.

• 4 weeks later...

@denverpost: BREAKING: Read Aurora #theatershooting gunman's notebook in its entirety  

This is the hidden content, please

Doesn't seem like insanity to me, more like a very smart homegrown terrorist. 

• 1 month later...

@cnnbrk: James Holmes, accused in Aurora, Colorado, theater mass murder, says he won't testify.

Only thing he could do would be to take the Fifth.  

I'm thinking half time at the Super Bowl, throw him and that other piece of feces from SC into a wood chipper. But that's old school.  Don't mean to shock you young fellows. 

Only thing he could do would be to take the Fifth.

I'm thinking half time at the Super Bowl, throw him and that other piece of feces from SC into a wood chipper. But that's old school.  Don't mean to shock you young fellows.

​Be prepared to be scolded for lack of tolerance and compassion.

​Be prepared to be scolded for lack of tolerance and compassion.

Lol, surely in this PC world.  But back in my younger days, I used those words for folks who deserved it, not the nut jobs that receive it today.   

Take the case of the illegal immigrant in SF who shot the lady (another wood chipper candidate).  I can feel the empathy from here all the way from Ca.  And After all that he's done!  SMH, BMHAAW (beat my head against a wall).  Need less PC and more CS (common sense). 

Lol, surely in this PC world.  But back in my younger days, I used those words for folks who deserved it, not the nut jobs that receive it today.   

Take the case of the illegal immigrant in SF who shot the lady (another wood chipper candidate).  I can feel the empathy from here all the way from Ca.  And After all that he's done!  SMH, BMHAAW (beat my head against a wall).  Need less PC and more CS (common sense). 

​Sad case...that young women's blood is on the hands of the pro Sanctuary City politicians IMO.

Guilty. Now on to the death sentence. 

I'm with you TVC.  I have no idea what the word is when your emotions are all mixed up.  Happy at verdict!  Sad as they show pics of victims.  And finally, anger bordering on rage.  I'm to old for this 2. 

• 3 weeks later...

seems like Colorado not really with the whole put em to death deal, last one was 97, before then it was in the 60s from what the media reported. 

@CBSDenver: #BreakingNews: #TheaterShooting jury verdict: #JamesHolmes to face life in prison -

Life. Smdh

@CBSDenver: #BreakingNews: #TheaterShooting jury verdict: #JamesHolmes to face life in prison -

Life. Smdh

Tax payers get to foot the bill for the rest of his life........ They should have tried him in Texas.  We would have taken care of him.

Life. Smdh

they have only execited 1 person since 1976......this is not about him , it's about the State.