James Eagan Holmes

Mr. Buddy Garrity

Sure taking a long time to go to trial.

It is not an unusually long time. Trials normally get put on a docket and then get reset and reset and............

This has a lot to do with the legal maneuvering that the defense is putting up on sanity issues. It is not because the DA wants to wait two years for a trial but there is no need to hurry when he is still locked away. 

the officers "talked him down".

I know that facts and reality have no basis in your opinions and rants but look at this.

From wikipedia:

Police arrived within 90 seconds and found at least three .40-caliber handgun magazines, a shotgun and a large drum magazine on the floor of the theater.

police apprehended Holmes behind the cinema, next to his car, without resistance.

He left his guns in the theater and the police found him behind the theater. He was not running away and was not charging them. According to the article they did not even know that he was the actor at first (since he wasn't acting crazy) and he did not resist.  

I have said it before and I will stick with it. All of these claimed police abuses are the result of the suspect resisting or attacking officers. There is a very easy way to stop them. Quit resisting. 

If you want to contest your case, the lawful way is in court, not at the roadside where the laws and Supreme Court decisions clearly are in favor of the police using force to protect themselves and others from what the officers "reasonably believe". 

They wouldve shot a black guy even though he left the guns behind. The guy at Wal-Mart who picked up a play gun and was walking with it didnt point it at anyone according to what I heard. He wasnt resisting arrest either. He was still shot and killed

"I heard"? There is ironclad innuendo and speculation. 

No matter, that guy had a gun that looked real. Your silly "if it would have been a black guy" doesn't seem to bear out that millions of blacks are arrested each year and not shot. How did they manage to go to jail without being shot and without needing to be treated at the hospital for a violent arrest?

Oh, I know. They complied when told that they were under arrest. Amazing how that works. 

The guy had a toy gun that he got from Wal-Mart and was walking around the store with it while he shopped. Someone in the store called 911 and he was shot without any questions being asked. Some of these officers need additional training.

That's an easy decision for cops. Shoot first and ask questions later, or ask questions and possibly have shots fired the guy in a crowded store. Collateral damage is a very real thing, and very likely to happen at a place like Walmart, better not to risk it.

Big girl does not possess the ability to put herself in the cop's position. All she sees is color which makes her a racist. She is not worth arguing against.

Funny how she is the only one on that side of the law. Must be that she is right?........WRONG!

Holmes is a weirdo and was not armed when approached, as evidenced by TVC. What don't you understand about that?

GEORGE ZIMMERMAN IS HISPANIC! Look at his pics and tell me different. You want him to be white. That is all you are about. Tired of hearing your crap. Grow up!

The guy had a toy gun that he got from Wal-Mart and was walking around the store with it while he shopped. Someone in the store called 911 and he was shot without any questions being asked. Some of these officers need additional training.

Let's see, in the video John Crawford appears to be carrying an AR15 or similar rifle. A person calls 911 and tells the dispatcher that a man is in the store with a rifle and waving it around. The police then arrive thinking that they may be walking into an active shooter situation. 

They spot a guy with a rifle just as the caller said. The police naturally point their weapons at the person and challenge him. What comments or questions should they make or ask?

A. DROP THE WEAPON!

B. Time out sir. Sir, is that a real weapon? If it is in fact a real weapon, do you intend to use it or are you simply scaring people? Please let us know and can you please not do move or we will have to challenge you louder. 

All the while the officers know that it takes about one second for the person to bring the rifle up and fire at them. I am assuming that the responding officers should have simply waited to see if one of them got shot first. If the guy did actually kill an officer, it would then be acceptable for the other officers to return fire. 

In fact this guy on the video appeared to be acting strange. He was seen pointing the rifle and ducking around the corner of an aisle. Sometimes he looked like he was shouldering the weapon and going to attention like he was in the military. No one will ever know why he was doing that but in fact he was acting strangely. After the police entered, he fled around the corner and then came back and appeared to lunge at the rifle. 

It is easy to look back on it and see it as a tragedy although Crawford acted in a manner that brought attention to himself. The officers are faced with making a decision that may cost their lives if they hesitate. It is an unfortunate problem of the world we live in today. In this year alone officers murdered in the line of duty are up 50% from the previous year. Officers seriously injured are at an all time high and the only reason that more officers are not killed is from modern life saving techniques and responding officers saving their partner's lives with tourniquets and other things that were not done or taught in the past. 

Yet again, there is a way to stop the violent encounters..... stop resisting and fleeing. 

There are people who have resisted arrest and they were not shot and killed. George Zimmerman is one of them.

Out of the approximately 14 million arrests each year, neither were millions of blacks. 

The odds of being killed by the police in an arrest is about 20,000+ to 1. If people would quit fighting and comply with arrest, it would go down to almost zero. 

I have no clue what George Zimmerman has to do with the millions of other arrests that year that didn't end in a fatal incident but apparently it makes some sense to you. 

Resisting arrest isn't a bright idea. But nobody should die because they're resisting.

If you resist, stuff can happen. I saw a case where a man ran from the cops, wasn't wearing a belt, and reached down to pull his pants up, and was shot because to multiple officers it appeared he was reaching for a gun. He didn't have a gun, and it was a tragic event, but he wasn't "killed for resisting". He was killed because he put officers in a situation where they had to make what they believed at the time to be a life or death situation. You often hear people say "someone shouldn't be killed for resisting." They're not being killed because they resisted, but their resistance HAS lead to their death. Had they complied with officers, whether the officers were right OR wrong in arresting them, not one of them would've died.

Resisting arrest isn't a bright idea. But nobody should die because they're resisting.

Let's look at resisting arrest or fleeing. From my experience about 1 in 15 arrests requires the officer(s) to chase or fight with a suspect. 

The FBI reports about 14 million arrests a year. That means that officers have to chase and/or fight with a suspect close to a million times a year. Like I said previously, the officer involved fatalities is between 400-600 times a year. That comes out to 1 officer involved shooting for every 1,500 people that resist arrest. 

That isn't the people that submit to an arrest which is about 13 million taken into custody without incident. That is from the people actively resisting trying to be taken into custody. 

And no matter how people spin it, most of the cases of officer involved shootings is fairly clear cut with a person firing at officers or coming at them with a knife, club or other weapon. The ones that people claim as questionable (not counting the family who always questions it), it probably is somewhere in the area of 1 in 10,000 arrests resisting cases.

Where is the claimed epidemic (not from you but the national media)?