WOS Mustangs vs La Marque Cougars

tennisbc

HJ made it just as far last year, so it's not the first time. No one thinks that they're world beaters, nor state champs. You just assume that's what everyone is thinking.

no sir, you all really believe HJ can beat teams with experience= world beater mentality. what really puts a smile on my face is knowing deep deep inside all of you, you know i'm right. you know HJ is gonna get the brakes beat off them friday, but you think because if i suspect any doubt you fan boys have will give me satisfaction...TOO LATE LOL. you all know deep in your souls, WO-S is in for a battle. this is a measuring stick game. all the my little pony fans have bubble guts knowing they slip up and lose you will never here the end of it and will be off the boards until next season. me???? i have nothing to lose. i know nobody will make it past round 4 and that sits well with setx because they accept mediocrity. well this season was my last accepting this from harrison and the area.until this area makes that dedication change,starting with either coaches changing the way they think and players that are dedicated making football a year round sport. otherwise, get ready for a declining area of good football. again, i ask the question of fans of teams who are sitting at home. how many years are you going to "settle" for the fourth or third playoff spot and bow out rds  1-3?? when are you going to hold coach accountable for what he puts out the field. if we are going to lose the game, it better better be in 3-4 OT's or on a last second hailmary. we all want our teams to go far. but that's all it is. wanting. how about going from wanting to MAKING it happen and letting these coaches and school boards know?? yes, education comes first before ANY football program. after that, start holding these so called coaches responsible for the job OUR tax dollars pay these clowns.

it does SUCK, SETX football...now how you compare teams??? strengthens and weaknesses. not because one team looked another way against this team. it's the same reason FSU is still in the top 4. i think they should be out, but they win. doesn't matter what the game "looked" like or the score, they win and find a win to win. i will say wos kicking game is better than LM. the kicker is a freshman learning how to kick. i give the nod wos qb over the LM qb. LM qb isn't bad, but wos might be a little better. running backs go to LM, but not by much. LM offensive line gets the nod over WOS. WOS linbackers get the nod over LM linebackers. WOS secondary gets the nod over LM. WR's probably even. when LM need a catch, they come through. coaching, WOS. Defensive line,i say will be a draw as well. that's how I messure two team that has never played each other.

trust me HJ will not win so my bet will be fine. oh and let it be clear as i see you do not read and comprehend. i said the programs are loaded with talent...it's the adults running the program and the adults allowing  these people to stay ruining football in that part of the state. my PAM Titans included!!

How can you POSSIBLY compare teams that way? Just because? "They get the nod because I say so." Show me the numbers, man. Give me a stat that shows how La Marque's defense could even possibly compare to West Orange's offense. Even with your "nod" theory, you're saying that WO-S will beat LM. West Orange got 4 "nods" and LM only got 2! And if their wide receivers are "equal" as you say (which they aren't), that would mean that West Orange would totally dominate the passing game. Teate will run the ball against LM. I'm not saying he's better than the LM running back, but the West Orange offense is a two headed monster.

West Orange's defense averages only a little over 13 points/game allowed if the scores I had were correct, and they have played some TOUGH offensive teams. La Marque's defense allows almost 20 points/game to terrible teams. La Marque has some big offensive numbers, but if West Orange were to have the district La Marque did, their numbers would have been just as big, if not bigger.

I read and comprehend just fine, thank you. HJ hadn't made the playoffs since the 08-09 season. Dubois' first year at HJ, he took them three rounds deep. His very next year, proving again that it's not a fluke, they're in the third round again, trying to get to the next level. But you're right. The coaching is terrible. You JUST said the West Orange coaching was better than La Marque's. But, you know, SETX coaching doesn't compare to everyone else.

You think they'll be satisfied with a third round exit? No. However, there are only 16 teams left in the state from this classification. They won two playoff games and that's something the majority of the teams in the state didn't do. I'm proud of these kids no matter what happens. That doesn't make SETX football terrible. 2 out of the four teams left in the region are from Southeast Texas. One is from the Houston area and the other is from central Texas. So, let's tally that up.

SETX - 2

Houston - 1

Central Texas - 1

Wait a second. That can't be! SETX football is worse than everyone else, so this isn't true, right? NUMBERS DON'T LIE. You are either scared of them or just simply don't understand them. Maybe with the bigger schools SETX isn't as good, but the same cannot be said for the smaller schools like you're trying to argue. And please, if you're going to offer a rebuttal, address all the points I make, not just one or two. Still waiting to see you address your awful prediction of the Bellville game (despite being told in advance how ridiculous you were). Still waiting to see how WO-S struggled like you said they did. Still wondering where La Marque "played up."

yawn....SETX has 8 teams left ...they will all lose prior to the 4th round...as usual. LM defense will rise to the occasion and punch wos in the mouth. by the way, should you worry about HJ??  you all ready thrown in the towel??? s@ck swinging at it's finest lol man, pressure is on...poor HJ and WOS have some doubt. trying to convince themselves WOS is a better team on paper...ON PAPER LOL...too bad the game is played on the field. gonna be funny to see Dallas on his back all night lol...i hope the back up is primed and ready.

oh and if you have been following, i been said LM has gotten this far on talent only. coaching has nothing to do with LM right now. i mentioned he's on thin ice. you don't comprehend well. thompson is good for the area, but WILL NOT bring home ANY hardware.

i see that you people in the sticks can't read. going to start you off with a dick and jane book. maybe that will help you.

I just hope you ambulance better than you write, if not there are some people in trouble..Like I have said a misspelling or missed word here and there is perfectly acceptable. Reading some of your post are like deciphering hieroglyphs

and yes I had to look up the spelling of hieroglyphs

no sir, you all really believe HJ can beat teams with experience= world beater mentality. what really puts a smile on my face is knowing deep deep inside all of you, you know i'm right. you know HJ is gonna get the brakes beat off them friday, but you think because if i suspect any doubt you fan boys have will give me satisfaction...TOO LATE LOL. you all know deep in your souls, WO-S is in for a battle. this is a measuring stick game. all the my little pony fans have bubble guts knowing they slip up and lose you will never here the end of it and will be off the boards until next season. me???? i have nothing to lose. i know nobody will make it past round 4 and that sits well with setx because they accept mediocrity. well this season was my last accepting this from harrison and the area.until this area makes that dedication change,starting with either coaches changing the way they think and players that are dedicated making football a year round sport. otherwise, get ready for a declining area of good football. again, i ask the question of fans of teams who are sitting at home. how many years are you going to "settle" for the fourth or third playoff spot and bow out rds  1-3?? when are you going to hold coach accountable for what he puts out the field. if we are going to lose the game, it better better be in 3-4 OT's or on a last second hailmary. we all want our teams to go far. but that's all it is. wanting. how about going from wanting to MAKING it happen and letting these coaches and school boards know?? yes, education comes first before ANY football program. after that, start holding these so called coaches responsible for the job OUR tax dollars pay these clowns.

Mouse

The Ultimate goal for any football team is to win a state championship every year, how realistic is it to expect teams really to do? Many factors have to be considered when you start discussing firing coaches, first what district is going to fire a coach when he wins district year after year, followed by making runs deep to 3rd and 4th rounds. Not too many! There is no corruptions at WOS, PNG, and teams in our area with Superintendents and people in management positions in our districts. Too bad for the kids if that happens in LaMarque. Sometimes, coaching staffs do need adjustment, however, moving a head coach who is a winner is bad decision making.   

yawn....SETX has 8 teams left ...they will all lose prior to the 4th round...as usual. LM defense will rise to the occasion and punch wos in the mouth. by the way, should you worry about HJ??  you all ready thrown in the towel??? s@ck swinging at it's finest lol man, pressure is on...poor HJ and WOS have some doubt. trying to convince themselves WOS is a better team on paper...ON PAPER LOL...too bad the game is played on the field. gonna be funny to see Dallas on his back all night lol...i hope the back up is primed and ready.

oh and if you have been following, i been said LM has gotten this far on talent only. coaching has nothing to do with LM right now. i mentioned he's on thin ice. you don't comprehend well. thompson is good for the area, but WILL NOT bring home ANY hardware.

No, but we're on a West Orange vs. La Marque game thread where you discuss LM and WO-S, not HJ and La Grange. But, you still haven't addressed anything I've said. Your prediction of Bellville being off by 38 points? How did WO-S struggle? Who did La Marque "play up?" SETX has more teams than anyone else in region three, yet they aren't as good? I'll wait. If you have no rebuttal, please just admit it instead of shying away from it. It's getting a bit ridiculous.

I have said it all year WOS is a two headed monster. Let that La Marque D stack the box and that QB will pick you apart 8-10 yards at a time at first and then will seal the deal with the long ball. Play a prevent and their solid O-line and  run game will be done with you at the coin flip. 

I have been in this area a long time and this is one of the most well rounded teams I have seen come out of WOS in along time. They are always solid but usually either run or pass, this year it is run AND pass

The question is not if la marque's defense can stop WOS.. la marque's biggest weakness HAS been on defense here and there, thats a given. The question is, can WOS stop la marque from putting up points and making this a shoot out.. La marque has been known to wear teams down late.. regardless of if you think you're stopping us early. 

Mouse

The Ultimate goal for any football team is to win a state championship every year, how realistic is it to expect teams really to do? Many factors have to be considered when you start discussing firing coaches, first what district is going to fire a coach when he wins district year after year, followed by making runs deep to 3rd and 4th rounds. Not too many! There is no corruptions at WOS, PNG, and teams in our area with Superintendents and people in management positions in our districts. Too bad for the kids if that happens in LaMarque. Sometimes, coaching staffs do need adjustment, however, moving a head coach who is a winner is bad decision making.   

who said fire them??? i said let it be known to step there game up and do better and not accept mediocrity.  what the heck corrupted superintendents have to do with football? the only reason that was brought up for lamarque because someone was asking why the town was the way it was. so a "winner" to you is a district title that you get for playing bad teams.(HJ,HF, and OF are not consistently good every year.) a "winner" is someone who does nothing to get over that hump that stops them. why WOS can't make it to the big dance?? seems like 4th rd and that's it. EVERY YEAR. oh, i know what it is. you believe that wos is usually the last team standing, you are the best and no one better challenge the coach. well with that thought process, that area will NEVER dominate football. just good football among avg to below avg teams.

No, but we're on a West Orange vs. La Marque game thread where you discuss LM and WO-S, not HJ and La Grange. But, you still haven't addressed anything I've said. Your prediction of Bellville being off by 38 points? How did WO-S struggle? Who did La Marque "play up?" SETX has more teams than anyone else in region three, yet they aren't as good? I'll wait. If you have no rebuttal, please just admit it instead of shying away from it. It's getting a bit ridiculous.

first of all, i'm being nice and allowing those teams left to be included. setx DOES NOT  INCLUDE jasper, newton, kirbyville, NORTH SHORE, or Crosby. these are just in because of the "coverage" area. wos,HJ, and EC is what you really have. for those of us OLD enough, know what or who true setx football is. golden triangle. chambers,hardin, jefferson, liberty, and orange counties.. I wasn't at the WOS game last week. was getting updates and 14-14 at halftime is a struggle. at one point wos trailed. wos pulled away in the 4th. 3 qtrs the game was close. that's a  struggle for a so called powerhouse has been. i don't care about being wrong on a score. point is, you done this week chicken hawk. you speak as if LM got blown out against TC. a rivalry game that could have gone either way. LM plays up when needed. haven't had to do this year. they have a bad habit of playing down to teams who have no business on a football field with them. now go stand in the corner jr.

who said fire them??? i said let it be known to step there game up and do better and not accept mediocrity.  what the heck corrupted superintendents have to do with football? the only reason that was brought up for lamarque because someone was asking why the town was the way it was. so a "winner" to you is a district title that you get for playing bad teams.(HJ,HF, and OF are not consistently good every year.) a "winner" is someone who does nothing to get over that hump that stops them. why WOS can't make it to the big dance?? seems like 4th rd and that's it. EVERY YEAR. oh, i know what it is. you believe that wos is usually the last team standing, you are the best and no one better challenge the coach. well with that thought process, that area will NEVER dominate football. just good football among avg to below avg teams.

MOUSE

You brought the subject up, I was just responding to it. Until this year I had not heard much from LaMarque football team winning much in the past 5 or so years. Now you have been on a rant about getting rid of coaches who do not win a state trophy year after year, or who just get to certain rounds from year to year. I ASK AGAIN HOW REALISTIC IS IT FOR A COACH TO HAVE THE SAME WINNING RECORD YEAR AFTER YEAR WITH REGARDS TO GETTING THAT THROPHY EVERY FREAKING YEAR!!!!!! Getting lucky helps. Factors such as having the same guys on the team who grow and get better every year is difficult. Students move or get released from teams  that changes the CLIMATE of a football team.  All your other logic makes no sense IMO.  One thing I must ask, what the...LL does getting the breaks beat of them means anyway? 

Wos was up 14-7 at halftime and never trailed!!!! Was never really in danger of trailing! Wos should have won by more than that actually! Kneeled on the ball on the 20 to end the game. And should have scored at the end of the first half but two huge penalties killed that! Out gained them by 200 yards! Game wasn't close! Total dominance!

" I wasn't at the WOS game last week. was getting updates and 14-14 at halftime is a struggle. at one point wos trailed. wos pulled away in the 4th. 3 qtrs the game was close. that's a  struggle for a so called powerhouse has been."

Just thought that I would give you the correct scoring from KOGT Sports Page 

WOS  7    7    6   14   = 34

GHS   7    0     7    0   = 14               Mr. Buddy  can I borrow your  *Sigh* :rolleyes: 

The question is not if la marque's defense can stop WOS.. la marque's biggest weakness HAS been on defense here and there, thats a given. The question is, can WOS stop la marque from putting up points and making this a shoot out.. La marque has been known to wear teams down late.. regardless of if you think you're stopping us early. 

Here we go, someone else that's going to "wear us down" late. 

Mouse, may I ask, with respect, which school's coaching staff you would recommend as a staff for SETX schools to look up to? By this I mean, which program is in the state tournament year in and year out as an example other staffs need to follow.
Also I moved to SETX from north of Austin and the football was not near as good there as it is here.

I think it's time us WOS fans look at the whole picture. #1) it should be a great game. No matter what the mightymouse (or whatever his wife calls him) thinks, both teams should be at their best to win. Only one team will be able to swim in this cement "pound" of victory #2) as long as mightymouth is running his crumb catcher it means no one is in immediate need of a taxi!!