WOS Mustangs vs La Marque Cougars

tennisbc

OK guys. You are grown ups and can do what you want, but I have the utmost respect for LM and their program, Please be respectful. We got our jabs in which I think was deserving, but lets not kick a giant when he's down.

I agree with u also,but how much respect can u give somebody after all the dirty play,which btw wasn't as much as I thought it would be

I didn't think they played that dirty at all. My comment was toward #72 only. I will say that #2 was a class act. Saw him and Deionte slapping helmets a few times. He also was the one trying to stop any LM players from getting out of hand. Not sure who he is, but was a good athlete and even better sport. I might catch some flak for this but we need to tone it down a little with the celebrations. Someone is going to throw a yellow hanky on us in a very crucial situation. The boys have every right to be pumped up but just simmer down a bit.

I didn't think they played that dirty at all. My comment was toward #72 only. I will say that #2 was a class act. Saw him and Deionte slapping helmets a few times. He also was the one trying to stop any LM players from getting out of hand. Not sure who he is, but was a good athlete and even better sport. I might catch some flak for this but we need to tone it down a little with the celebrations. Someone is going to throw a yellow hanky on us in a very crucial situation. The boys have every right to be pumped up but just simmer down a bit.

GOOD POST KICKER

+1

Ok that' fine I just did not like they way that he(72) was laying down on our RB evey single time they had a running play, long after the whistle had been blown he and a few others  were laying on top of them (RB). The refs should have taken more control of the piling on weight stuff. We did get a player hurt, and the chop block was finally called. In order for LaMarque to get back to their glory days , it will have to be with changing their attitudes. That's all I'm saying. Yes I did see #7 making a very good effort at trying to control his team mate, Not all the player were misbehaving. I just believe that their coaches should take control of their teams behavior just as our coaches do all the time. I did not see them saying too much, however, I could be wrong about that. 

Ok that' fine I just did not like they way that he(72) was laying down on our RB evey single time they had a running play, long after the whistle had been blown he and a few others were laying on top of them (RB). The refs should have taken more control of the piling on weight stuff. We did get a player hurt, and the chop block was finally called. In order for LaMarque to get back to their glory days , it will have to be with changing their attitudes. That's all I'm saying. Yes I did see #7 making a very good effort at trying to control his team mate, Not all the player were misbehaving. I just believe that their coaches should take control of their teams behavior just as our coaches do all the time. I did not see them saying too much, however, I could be wrong about that.

I got ya Bug. I agree with you on the laying on the players. I'm more talking about what people were saying going into this game. Talking about how they will cheap shot you or taunt and everything else. I really didn't see any of that. Football is football and trash talking during the game is from pee wee up to the NFL. No big deal. I just thought they weren't anywhere near what people were saying about them. LaMarque will always be LaMarque. We just got them this time and I'm sure it won't be the last matchup between us. Hated that GLT went down but sounds like he will be ok. Now to focus on laGrange who is not LaMarque. They are VERY big and physical but play with a lot of class. I was fortunate to see them play yesterday and they are good, real good. World beaters like people were saying all season? No way. I said it all week that HJ had to play a perfect game to beat them and they dang near did. They have 2 backs that supposedly are even better than LM's backs. We really only got to see one of them(Hutchinson) but the other(Dobins) is just as dangerous. They say they have a good passing team but I didn't see it. They maybe had thrown 5 passes and completed 2 or 3. The passes weren't exactly pretty either. If we can stop those 2 monster backs and make them pass against our crazy DBs could be game over for the Leopards. On a side note, they looked like LSU with their uniforms. Lol. And we know how LSU chokes in big games....just saying. Haha

72 with his actions and 18 with his mouth, but 57 for WOS was right there with them on the talk after the whistle. And he got flagged for it late. For the most part considering it was LM (who is notorious for the Antics) and an amped up WOS bunch, I thought it was fairly calm.

Yep, #57 got a little to involved. Lol. The flag was warranted. All in all though, a normal game imo as far as sportsmanship.
I noticed how many SETX fans were there to support us. Was awesome to see. Thank yall for being there rooting us on. I personally saw PNG, Nederland, Orangefield, BC, HJ, HF, ALL Beaumont schools(even Kelly), LCM I'm sure there were many more. Had a couple Nederland guys sitting in front of us and had a great time discussing football with them. He says he always tries to make Wos games just for the simple fact of trying to figure out how a team of 27-32 kids can be so dang dominant. Coaching and culture....that's the answer.

Yep, #57 got a little to involved. Lol. The flag was warranted. All in all though, a normal game imo as far as sportsmanship.
I noticed how many SETX fans were there to support us. Was awesome to see. Thank yall for being there rooting us on. I personally saw PNG, Nederland, Orangefield, BC, HJ, HF, ALL Beaumont schools(even Kelly), LCM I'm sure there were many more. Had a couple Nederland guys sitting in front of us and had a great time discussing football with them. He says he always tries to make Wos games just for the simple fact of trying to figure out how a team of 27-32 kids can be so dang dominant. Coaching and culture....that's the answer.

Vidor was there.

Great game WO-S,  you got it done as I knew yall would.  Been reading thru this thread and find some of the posts quite funny, which sometimes happens especially after the fact.  What happened to this mouse dude and cougar2000whatever?  The word on the street is they moved to the part of Texas that has the most caves. These guys are some interesting units and they virtually rewrote the definition of eating crow, yes they've graduated to eating Pterodactyl.  Enjoy the feast guys, your remarkable fiction has earned it.

I must say I'm very shocked as well as impressed by the results of this game. I wasnt able to make it unfortunately, but to hold la marque scoreless speaks be praises to your defense. WOS's special teams play and consistent defense is what I believe made the difference in this game. I will say la marque getting 3 interceptions in this one does show signs of weakness in your offense. Be weary of that next week... but overall great performance. I give props where they are due, La marque definitely came in an put themselves in a position to win going into the half.. The represented us well. Good luck.

I must say I'm very shocked as well as impressed by the results of this game. I wasnt able to make it unfortunately, but to hold la marque scoreless speaks be praises to your defense. WOS's special teams play and consistent defense is what I believe made the difference in this game. I will say la marque getting 3 interceptions in this one does show signs of weakness in your offense. Be weary of that next week... but overall great performance. I give props where they are due, La marque definitely came in an put themselves in a position to win going into the half.. The represented us well. Good luck.

It was 2 interceptions and he was hit as he threw one of them. Always good advice to be careful with the ball though.

I respect where you gave us our props but to say that 2 interceptions shows a weakness is a little off and a small jab from you. I personally think that 2 interceptions is not a weakness but more of a learning experience for our team. We cant find out what not to do if we don't try it. If I am a coach and saw the film of the LM defense giving up big plays to dang near every team that they played this year through the air then why in the world would I not do it myself. What you need to realize is that since you played your safetys and Db's so deep to stop the pass we used that move to run the ball up the middle. To be honest we did that quite well. Kind of like chess. I make a move and see what you do. Then strike again and go for the checkmate and 34-0 later, I would say that the weakness you speak of is more of an experiment or lesson and it paid off. If 2 interceptions is a weakness and we pulled out the Win 34-0, I believe I would take that weakness all day long. Lamarque is a hell of a team and we respect you guys. That game was tight until halftime but notice the deep ball was deleted and we focused on short passes and the middle of the field with the running game. I love that about our kids they pay attention and make adjustments. Now we need to prepare for Lagrange!