Ferguson

CraigS

This mess is going to get out of hand! If someone respectable from the black community doesn't step up and calm people down. There are going to be more idiots out there looking to get even, and that will lead to more shootings. No matter which side wins the gun fight, the other side is going to get more defensive. Soon we will have truly innocent black people getting shot because the police officers will be paranoid of any black person that looks like they may be able to carry a gun. This is going to become a self fulfilling prophecy. A few more police officers will be killed, and a bunch more black men will be killed. It will get out of hand! We need someone more like Martin Luther King and less Farrakans and Sharptons now. Stirring the pot is only going to get more people killed.

I forgot, the press will have a field day with each killing. The more black men or police that get shot, the more excited these vultures will be. They would be happy with all out civil war. Get to report from the battle and not leave the country. They are licking their lips and fanning the coals hoping for the flame to light.

This mess is going to get out of hand! If someone respectable from the black community doesn't step up and calm people down. There are going to be more idiots out there looking to get even, and that will lead to more shootings. No matter which side wins the gun fight, the other side is going to get more defensive. Soon we will have truly innocent black people getting shot because the police officers will be paranoid of any black person that looks like they may be able to carry a gun. This is going to become a self fulfilling prophecy. A few more police officers will be killed, and a bunch more black men will be killed. It will get out of hand! We need someone more like Martin Luther King and less Farrakans and Sharptons now. Stirring the pot is only going to get more people killed.

Hopefully if someone like MLK steps up he wont get shot like MLK. 

I also agree with you: this is going to get worse. 

I forgot, the press will have a field day with each killing. The more black men or police that get shot, the more excited these vultures will be. They would be happy with all out civil war. Get to report from the battle and not leave the country. They are licking their lips and fanning the coals hoping for the flame to light.

I agree with you here also. 

Hopefully if someone like MLK steps up he wont get shot like MLK.

I also agree with you: this is going to get worse.

I would hope if someone stepped up he would not be shot. No one has shot Sharpton and with his past and tactics, I would think he is more likely to get shot than a modern day MLK. The shooting of MLK has had a horrible impact on our country. His ideology and leadership have been missed. Many of those who stepped into the void left behind him have been out for themselves and have damaged our country.

I think it's quite simple. .. the cops have a protest of their own. ... stay out of those communities. .. do not respond at all. .not to robberies. .. not to homicides. .. not to domestic disputes. .... let it self fix. When enough good innocent people get tired of the thugs and realize they are causing no response because no cop wants to put their life in danger or be accused of racism and the media is fueling it they will make a stand. ... if not. .. oh well. .. no cops die. ... no cop gets falsely accused.....

I think it's quite simple. .. the cops have a protest of their own. ... stay out of those communities. .. do not respond at all. .not to robberies. .. not to homicides. .. not to domestic disputes. .... let it self fix. When enough good innocent people get tired of the thugs and realize they are causing no response because no cop wants to put their life in danger or be accused of racism and the media is fueling it they will make a stand. ... if not. .. oh well. .. no cops die. ... no cop gets falsely accused.....

The problem with this is that many of the "protesters" and looters aren't from these communities. Many of them have no real clue what they are protesting or why. Many of the people from the community have nothing to do with the protests and in the case of Michael Brown have probably seen him in action and know he was a thug. I would bet the way he acted in the store and what happened with officer Wilson that this was not the first time he acted in this manner. He has probably terrorized the neighborhood and most are probably happier with him gone. As long as the protests are truly peaceful, they should be left alone. As soon as a rock is thrown, something is lit on fire, or a physical altercation takes place, then arrests should've made and the protest should disband. I just saw footage from the gas station where the latest shooting happened. There was a "protest" already taking place and someone threw fireworks into the gas pump. That is not peaceful and could have killed a lot of people.

This is like beating a dead horse but it is still simple. When the police tell you to stop then stop. When the police tell you that you are under arrest, the only legal answer is "okay" and submit to the arrest. When the police say stop resisting, it means stop resisting. When you charge an officer, attempt to pull your weapon, attempt to grab his weapon, point what even looks like a weapon or are fighting and start to get the upper hand, prepare to have it ended negatively in the officer's favor. 

All of this nonsense would stop as soon as people stop resisting lawful authority. Of course that will not happen but therein lies the answer. 

The problem with this is that many of the "protesters" and looters aren't from these communities. Many of them have no real clue what they are protesting or why. Many of the people from the community have nothing to do with the protests and in the case of Michael Brown have probably seen him in action and know he was a thug. I would bet the way he acted in the store and what happened with officer Wilson that this was not the first time he acted in this manner. He has probably terrorized the neighborhood and most are probably happier with him gone. As long as the protests are truly peaceful, they should be left alone. As soon as a rock is thrown, something is lit on fire, or a physical altercation takes place, then arrests should've made and the protest should disband. I just saw footage from the gas station where the latest shooting happened. There was a "protest" already taking place and someone threw fireworks into the gas pump. That is not peaceful and could have killed a lot of people.

Not a problem at all. ... it's been said many times on here. ... if this. .. if that. .. I'd shoot you. .....I'd bet others would also take up arms to do the same. ... several issues resolved here. .... people will stand against their own race. .. thugs die. ... and no cops will get blamed or harmed.... when a certain block of people learn to appreciate the police officers. .. and also "protect" THEM. ... then they can return to helping them protect themselves. ..... and. ... it would actually help support the need for citizens to be armed and put a major dent in the gun "control" movement.

The other 2 angles of footage for store cameras was just released, one clearly shows where the officer got off shots, tripped and fell, then ran behind the gas pumps. The other cameras right where the incident occurred doesn't show if the deceased young man had a gun or not just like the other angles. Only way to know 100% is if that officer's dash cam was on and his issued body cam was on (both were not on while he was on the scene per the presser this morning) 

The other 2 angles of footage for store cameras was just released, one clearly shows where the officer got off shots, tripped and fell, then ran behind the gas pumps. The other cameras right where the incident occurred doesn't show if the deceased young man had a gun or not just like the other angles. Only way to know 100% is if that officer's dash cam was on and his issued body cam was on (both were not on while he was on the scene per the presser this morning) 

What if the other witnesses at the scene back up the officer's side of events.... which the physical evidence already appears to back up. 

Sad thing is that no amount of evidence will prove the police not guilty to some.

I guess if an officer has a gun drawn on him, he needs to call time out, activate the camera on his uniform (if he has one) and then go back the the gunfight.... after he swings his arm in a big circle signalling roll the clock. 

What if the other witnesses at the scene back up the officer's side of events.... which the physical evidence already appears to back up. 

Have they interviewed that lady that was looking directly at the situation who ran back to her car?  Have they caught the young man that was with the deceased victim at the time of the shooting who ran back into the store? 

I haven't seen anything about them interviewing those citizens. 

The mayor of the town is a black man. I saw an interview with him earlier and he seemed to think the officer was justified in the shooting. Hopefully, people will listen to him and behave!

They probably wont based off past events, they're already making preparations for violence tonight out there, so much for a Merry Christmas in that area. 

This is Sickening, I don't have a problem with Protests, but they need to be peaceful. Profiling is Real America, as a Black Man I've faced this too many times to count. It doesn't give me the right to assume every Officer will treat me the same as the Last. I've had a talk with my 4 boys, 2 of them who will be18 in a few months. If an authority figure gives you a Command, say yes Sir/Ma'am & follow directions. The scales of Justice can be unfair and many times unbalanced, but so is Life. Give yourself every opportunity to have another chance, a rebuttal. Nobody speaks from the Grave. My sympathies to the young man's Family and to the Officer. This Ignorance must Cease. Our Leaders in the Black Community must not be so quick to React to an already Intense situation. I'm not implying that's what has happened, but we must learn from the past or we are subjected to repeating History. I Love All Races, but I still have issues with many Injustices towards Black people, but yet again that doesn't give me the Right to Disrespect the Authority in Control. These are rules that were handed down to me & I pass on to my Children. I was Taught to treat people the way I wanted to be treated, Race & Gender doesn't matter. We must face the fact that there is good & bad everywhere and let's not kid ourselves to think that we haven't had a Racist moment/episode in our lives. That doesn't make you a Racist, just means you didn't use your better judgement. We all make mistakes. but repeated errors in judgement aren't mistakes. The label Racist is harsh, it's thrown around hastily, some deserving & some aren't.  I'm not here to place Blame or be Judgemental, although I've jumped to conclusions on this forum before without knowing the Facts.  May God continue to show us Grace & Mercy.

Merry Christmas To ALL.  Jesus is the reason for the Season

Have they interviewed that lady that was looking directly at the situation who ran back to her car?  Have they caught the young man that was with the deceased victim at the time of the shooting who ran back into the store? 

I haven't seen anything about them interviewing those citizens. 

I am sure they will but I highly doubt it will add anything. Eye witness testimony is some of the worst evidence out there. That is especially true on cases where shots are being fired and people are generally getting the heck out of the area. Many times they think they see something but the physical evidence does not match the testimony. 

This is Sickening, I don't have a problem with Protests, but they need to be peaceful. Profiling is Real America, as a Black Man I've faced this too many times to count. It doesn't give me the right to assume every Officer will treat me the same as the Last. I've had a talk with my 4 boys, 2 of them who will be18 in a few months. If an authority figure gives you a Command, say yes Sir/Ma'am & follow directions. The scales of Justice can be unfair and many times unbalanced, but so is Life. Give yourself every opportunity to have another chance, a rebuttal. Nobody speaks from the Grave. My sympathies to the young man's Family and to the Officer. This Ignorance must Cease. Our Leaders in the Black Community must not be so quick to React to an already Intense situation. I'm not implying that's what has happened, but we must learn from the past or we are subjected to repeating History. I Love All Races, but I still have issues with many Injustices towards Black people, but yet again that doesn't give me the Right to Disrespect the Authority in Control. These are rules that were handed down to me & I pass on to my Children. I was Taught to treat people the way I wanted to be treated, Race & Gender doesn't matter. We must face the fact that there is good & bad everywhere and let's not kid ourselves to think that we haven't had a Racist moment/episode in our lives. That doesn't make you a Racist, just means you didn't use your better judgement. We all make mistakes. but repeated errors in judgement aren't mistakes. The label Racist is harsh, it's thrown around hastily, some deserving & some aren't. I'm not here to place Blame or be Judgemental, although I've jumped to conclusions on this forum before without knowing the Facts. May God continue to show us Grace & Mercy.
Merry Christmas To ALL. Jesus is the reason for the Season

Great post! Merry Christmas to you also

www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT2v64Ykxc0

This guy makes a lot of sense. He is not allowing himself to be a victim. I have seen all races play the blame game about life. Life isn't fair, the only thing that you can do is, step up, pay attention, and work hard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT2v64Ykxc0

This guy is good. He should make these for all races, genders, sexual preferences, etc... They should be mandatory for all freshman in high school and again as seniors. Then be run as public service announcements like they used to run the after school specials. If people would listen to him instead of blaming others for every problem, and each person take care of themselves, the world would be a better place.