Ferguson

CraigS

I am of the opinion that the police should make it very clear upon announcing the no-bill that, the feds (Eric Holder and company) found that there isn't enough evidence to indict. If the following riots / protest take place, and persons or property are damaged, we will take all mean necessary to protect the innocent. Be it shoot you, tazer you, etc....and IF you are in the presence, participating or not, we are to assume you are part of the disturbance. You will be dealt with in the same manner as the violators....whine, cry, belly ache, cry discrimination etc if you so choose, but people will NOT be allowed to harm others, or others property...PERIOD! 

This announcement should be made nationally, and will apply in any city, county, or state....

Fitch says he thinks the feds recognize that it’s “probably very unlikely” that there’s going to be charges against Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson.

“Physical evidence has no reason to lie. It doesn’t see things differently,” he says, and it is that kind of evidence he thinks could make or break the case.

UPDATED: Former Police Chief Speaks on Latest Michael Brown Shooting Information http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2014/10/20/former-police-chief-speaks-on-latest-michael-brown-information-released/

“Everybody is planning for whatever the grand jury decides,” Amy Hunter, YWCA’s racial justice director, told CNN. “Certainly there are lots of us that are planning peaceful protests should it not be indicted. Certainly there are other people that have other ideas at hand.”

One protester warned to CNN about what would happen if Wilson is set free.

“If there is not an indictment, excuse my French, all hell is going to break loose,” the protester revealed.

Protester: ‘All Hell is Going to Break Loose’ if Darren Wilson Isn’t Indicted

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2014/10/21/protester-all-hell-is-going-to-break-loose-if-darren-wilson-isnt-indicted/

On another note, and probably a question for TVC. It seems obvious some of the "witness'" fabricated their story to look bad for the cop, can those people be charged with any type crime. Especially since their accounts going public more than likely caused if not at least helped fuel the riots.

Can these people be held accountable in any way?

On another note, and probably a question for TVC. It seems obvious some of the "witness'" fabricated their story to look bad for the cop, can those people be charged with any type crime. Especially since their accounts going public more than likely caused if not at least helped fuel the riots.

Can these people be held accountable in any way?

Yes if it can be proven that they lied. Sometimes in investigations people are not really lying but looking at it from a different angle or get a glance and think they see something. 

A couple of weekends ago I fish with a couple of Missouri state police homicide investigators (lead agency in the investigation) that are friends of mine. They ran down the incident to me. I can see where some people made claims that might have been completely correct but were taken out of context. Just for an example, let's say that a witness turns just in time to see the shots and see Brown with his arms in the air. That might be a fact. What is not known from that person's viewpoint is what does it mean. Were his hands in the air and he was begging for his life and surrendering or was he charging Wilson and reaching up to grad for his head or pistol or was he perhaps throwing his hands in the air like "what's up dude, are you going to shoot me?"?  

That is the problem with eyewitness testimony as opposed to physical evidence. I have seen investigations where police officers were wrong but not intentionally. We had a fatal accident many years ago and an off duty officer from out of state (here on vacation fishing the coast) said the car that caused the accident came roaring out of a business driveway and caused the accident. He did not lie and he saw what actually happened with the car coming too fast out of the parking lot.... but he was wrong. What he saw did not fit the evidence we found at the scene but we had to look at his statement because there was no reason for him to lie and he was a trained observer. The problem is that he saw part of a sequence of events. The car that he saw throwing gravel in a parking lot was in fact there but it was not from reckless driving from that vehicle. Through another witness and the skid marks on the street we were able to piece it together. Another vehicle drove into the oncoming lane while trying to pass on a curve and almost hit the second vehicle head on. The driver of this second vehicle naturally swerved to keep from being killed and hit the gravel in the parking lot. That caused him to lose control and spin back into the road, causing the fatal accident. 

The driver that the officer saw that appeared to be reckless driving (and what he saw indicated that) but he did not see it about three seconds earlier because if he had, he would have seen the at fault vehicle commit that act that caused someone to be killed by passing on a curve into oncoming traffic. Again, the officer did not lie and his story was entirely correct but from his one perspective he drew a conclusion that he saw with his own eyes. 

That is why you need to look at the entire incident and not only eyewitnesses or a set of circumstances like one guy was unarmed. Taken alone it can render a conclusion that is completely false but are the people that see something telling a lie? 

Maybe not. They are seeing a snapshot in time. 

Holder is a divisive pot stirrer and the only difference between him and Jesse Jackson/Al Sharpton/et al, is that he works for the administration. 

I honestly do not think he is about truth but an agenda. All politicians (that includes people appointed by politicians) have an agenda but it should end at the point of ignoring facts or trying your best to prove a point even when the facts do not back it up. How would someone like it if I based traffic stops and police action on political affiliation?  

I just watched Holder make a statement on the television about Ferguson and he said that definitely the leaks (about Officer Wilson being justified) need to stop and quit swaying public opinion (I will get back to that later). In almost the same sentence he then went on to say that he has an open investigation and there are big problems in the Ferguson PD that needs to be corrected.

Okay... the leaks need to stop and trying to sway public opinion should not be done...... unless of course, it is done in the same statement by the guy saying it. Holder says to quit trying to sway the public and in the same breath says... "But I have found serious issues at Ferguson PD".

Really? You people quit putting out statements.... but let me keep putting out mine on the exact same topic. He might as well say.... "Y'all need to quit trying to paint one of the parties (Michael Brown) in a bad light while as continue to look into the situation with an open eye but that evil FPD needs to have 'wholesale change' due to that evilness". 

Again, really?

On the public opinion, what does he care what the public thinks? He seems to more than willing to allow the public to hate the PD and makes statements (including today) that supports that belief but he is unwilling to allow people to know any facts that portray the Officer Wilson as not only using lawful force but necessary force. 

I know that people want to believe that he is being completely fair and unbiased but looking at his actions, it doesn't seem to bear that out. 

• 4 weeks later...

I think the grand jury will do the right thing and no bill the whole deal. To do otherwise for political expedience would be tragic. Of course all you have to do is look at the Zimmerman case and see that it might be done although in that case the special prosecutor decided not to go to a grand jury which was an option in FL. 

She knew what would happen if they did so she went around them. I think this grand jury might be in the same place and see that there is no evidence of wrongdoing. 

If I was living there. I'll be at my house sitting in my chair with my gun in my hand. If anyone wants to break in start looting. I'll start blastin!!

A lady shot herself accidentally and died there the other day, she bought the weapon to protect herself in regards to this situation.