Ferguson

CraigS

Like the actions that led Zimmerman to ASSUME that Trayvon
was up to no good. I wont let my older son go to the corner store at night.

1. Zimmerman has nothing to do with a police who has a lawful duty and authority to detain with force if necessary.

2. Martin was killed when he attacked Zimmerman, negating any need for assumtions being an issue.

3. Officer Wison was attacked by a person bigger than him who had already tried to take the officer's gun away.

so he should be shot and killed even though he didnt do anything, just because someone thinks he looks suspicious?What does a gangsta look like?

@CharlesMBlow: So, my son, a 3rd year chem major at Yale was just accosted - at GUN POINT - by a Yale policeman bc he "fit the description" of a suspect...

@CharlesMBlow: He was let go when they realized he was a college student and not a criminal ( he was leaving the library!) He's shaken, but I'm fuming!

@CharlesMBlow: This is exactly why I have NO PATIENCE for ppl trying to convince me that the fear these young blk men feel isn't real #RacialBattleFatigue

@YahooNews: .@nytimes columnist @CharlesMBlow ‘fuming’ after son allegedly stopped at gunpoint by @Yale police http://yahoo.trib.al/uXGX7wC via @stableford

Maybe he was wearing a Yale hoody. GO IVY LEAGUE! 

@CharlesMBlow: So, my son, a 3rd year chem major at Yale was just accosted - at GUN POINT - by a Yale policeman bc he "fit the description" of a suspect...

@CharlesMBlow: He was let go when they realized he was a college student and not a criminal ( he was leaving the library!) He's shaken, but I'm fuming!

@CharlesMBlow: This is exactly why I have NO PATIENCE for ppl trying to convince me that the fear these young blk men feel isn't real #RacialBattleFatigue

@YahooNews: .@nytimes columnist @CharlesMBlow ‘fuming’ after son allegedly stopped at gunpoint by @Yale police http://yahoo.trib.al/uXGX7wC via @stableford

If you fit a description then you fit a description.

I can't tell you how many people that I have stopped that fit the description of a crime that just occurred and some of them at gunpoint.

My son was in an elevator and a white lady held on tightly to her purse, despite me being in the elevator with him. I was thinking trick please he has everything that he wants and needs. He doesnt need to steal your dang on purse.It was very funny.

How do you know how tightly she was holdi her purse as compared to other times.   Seems like you "profiled" her.

could be she's claustrophobic and is afraid of elevators...

Could be, but Ray Rice wasn't on the Elevator. She should count her Blessings, because she could have been taking a Nap. Lol
We all tend to do certain things when we feel uncomfortable. Years ago I was 18 yrs old, I had the pleasure to Travel to Birmingham, Alabama for a big National Tournament ( ran by BCI then for our area) playing Basketball. We were Hosted by UAB & the Host restaurant was Shoney's. Anyways, a group of us were walking to eat breakfast. As we approached an elderly white couple pulled in & proceeded to get out of the car. Once they noticed our group, they got back in their car & locked the door. As we entered the restaurant I noticed they finally got out and came in. I gradually made my way over & introduced myself in a polite manner, giving yes Sir's & no ma'am's throughout the conversation. The couple explained they heard of a Gang problem in the area, that was the reason they were hesitant to exit their car. I explained to them our reason for being there & made them aware there will be plenty of kids here for the week. As we continued to talk, the ice was broken & some of the other kids introduced themselves & we had a nice visit for a few minutes. Listen, we can perpetuate what is perceived, our Dispel the Myth. I've been profiled more times than I care to Remember, but the Sweetest Revenge is Dispelling the Myth. I'm nothing close to what you imagined. I'm HUMAN
God Bless

So, the guy is mad because his son fit the description of a suspect??  What did he expect the cop to do, not investigate because he does not want to hurt his feelings?

I really have no patience for race baiters.....

I am sure the officer got a description like a guy that is 5'11", 185 pounds with a blue shirt with beige jogging pants and saw a guy that was about 5'11", about 185 pounds with a blue shirt and beige jogging pants and SHOULD HAVE said, "Hey, that guy looks like a 3rd year chemistry major at Yale and can't be the guy I am looking for".... but NOOOO, he has to stop and harass the guy to find out if it is in fact the suspect. 

The officer must not have had much experience. I can usually look at people and instantly tell their criminal record if any, what school they are attending if any, their date of birth, their address and any other pertinent information. There is rarely any reason for me ever to detain someone because an experienced officer at a mere glance can tell everything there is to know about someone. 

@msnbc: Ferguson police test new device aimed at making weapons less lethal in a potential shooting: http://on.msnbc.com/1DNwCiK http://twitter.com/msnbc/status/563794332025905154/photo/1

If I'm put in a situation where I need to shoot someone, I'll take MORE lethal. I don't want to shoot some guy doped up on lsd four or five times in the chest with a "less lethal device" and have him still get to me with whatever weapon he has.

• 2 weeks later...

Eric Holder's parting shot before he leaves office. He knows that he can't justify any indictment so he has to try and save face for his Obama supporters (after the big show of an open investigation) by forcing a small town PD to comply with his desires that he cannot legally back up any other way. 

• 2 weeks later...

@AP: MORE: Official: Justice Dept. probe finds patterns of racial bias in Ferguson police, court, jail: http://apne.ws/1DQqabR

Not really surprising.

You are 100% correct. There was no way that Eric Holder was not going to leave without proclaiming racism no matter of any evidence in the case. This is especialy true when he knew from the very first day that therr were no charges to be filed but he and Obama had to save face after sending government officials to a felon's funeral.

@AP: MORE: Official: Justice Dept. probe finds patterns of racial bias in Ferguson police, court, jail: http://apne.ws/1DQqabR

Not really surprising.

Not really surprising because:
1) You think he is correct, and there is a culture of racism, or
2) You feel that Holder was committed to making that claim, regardless of whether the officer was indicted?
Your statement was little ambiguous, and I was just curious.