Newton Eagles vs Kirbyville Wildcats

20 minutes ago, Whatintheworld said:

Well, after a TD you kick a extra point. Kirbyville missed their first one and went for two the 2nd one and didn’t get it. So they had 12. Kountze made one Extra Point and missed one equaling 13 points. 

What O is kirbyville  running?

5 hours ago, Whatintheworld said:

Kirbyville is improved this year. They will compete against Newton. Kountze is solid and has size and athletes all over the field. Kirbyville ran it down their throat. I think Newton wins by 13 

Kirbyville is much improved this year, I agree.  Newton will probably hang 42 on them. Kirbyville might score twice. I'm being very generous 

Newton 54

Kirbyville 7

Newton is actually pretty loaded this year. They have darn good players everywhere. They just don't have the "big 3" like the past two seasons. Now, the boys that were overshadowed from the the "big 3" will finally have their chance and it will show. They have some good ones. I just hope Newton shares the ball with all the athletes and keep Coach Neece's mentality. 

4 hours ago, Fast Turtle said:

Newton 54

Kirbyville 7

Newton is actually pretty loaded this year. They have darn good players everywhere. They just don't have the "big 3" like the past two seasons. Now, the boys that were overshadowed from the the "big 3" will finally have their chance and it will show. They have some good ones. I just hope Newton shares the ball with all the athletes and keep Coach Neece's mentality. 

I hope they are more flexible, and reactive. Canadian killed us with their strong safety on the Jett sweep in the state game.  Neece didn't have an answer for it. A soft pass behind the safety would have neutralized that play. We'll see.

3 hours ago, Newtonres75-86 said:

I hope they are more flexible, and reactive. Canadian killed us with their strong safety on the Jett sweep in the state game.  Neece didn't have an answer for it. A soft pass behind the safety would have neutralized that play. We'll see.

Canadian did a great job against that play. Though, a great team like Canadian knew that Newton had a horrible passing game if #8 was not on the field. Therefore, they were able to focus on the run. It's hard to win championships without having a solid passing game to mix in with the run. That is what I think Newton may have difficult with this year. Excited to see what is to come. 

26 minutes ago, Fast Turtle said:

Canadian did a great job against that play. Though, a great team like Canadian knew that Newton had a horrible passing game if #8 was not on the field. Therefore, they were able to focus on the run. It's hard to win championships without having a solid passing game to mix in with the run. That is what I think Newton may have difficult with this year. Excited to see what is to come. 

I think their quarterback has the potential to be a pretty good throwing QB. If given the opportunity.  Unfortunately 3 of their next 4 games may not be the best time togetvthat game experience.  But we will see. During District play may be a great opportunity for him to throw a lot. I would like to see him air it out 15-20 times a game during District play.  I think none of those games will be close and it will give him and opportunity to build his confidence. JMO

All the talent that was "lost last year" was usually cheering from the sidelines by the end of the 1st Qtr in 2018 t(well into the playoffs.) The freshmen and sophomores played more in 2018 than the "stars" until deep in the run.  This is one of the reasons why they are ALWAYS a great Texas football team. These kids will be the next group of talent.....and so on and so forth.

7 hours ago, RedJollyRoger said:

All the talent that was "lost last year" was usually cheering from the sidelines by the end of the 1st Qtr in 2018 t(well into the playoffs.) The freshmen and sophomores played more in 2018 than the "stars" until deep in the run.  This is one of the reasons why they are ALWAYS a great Texas football team. These kids will be the next group of talent.....and so on and so forth.

Great post and the most accurate.

its always a great thing to see the hard work and work ethic of teens payoff and influence the younger groups and that the younger groups use that peer to peer education for the positive.

Work ethic is not as common these days especially with teens and all the different distractions