Crosby at Vidor

Realville

With the intense crown on that  field , I could easily see the field being alot narrower than normal. If the drains on the sidelines are not pumped out ,then you could see water from the sidelines to the hash marks. That would make things really interesting , there would be a power running competion and there is not enough field to spread out.

Personally, i would run pumps on Vidors side and stop up the drain on Crosbys side so they are standing in a foot of water.

49 minutes ago, #COUGAR08 said:

That's no joke, couldent pay me 5.8 mil to stay the night in that dump. Oh and the smell.. it like, couldn't have Harvey at the very least cover up the smell? No, it only amplified it! Who knew BUTT PIRATES could smell so horrible!

Go Cougars! #CODEPINK #IHAPPENTOLOVEALLTHINGSPINK

Don’t worry you’ll be alright, the groundskeeper already put a Big Cat Litter Box in the Visitor Stands so You and Your Turd Friends can take turns burying each other. 

1 hour ago, Sleepy1 said:

I’m definitely pulling for the underdogs in this game!!!

Vidor knows who we’re playing. We know we’re outranked, outsized, and are not supposed to have a chance. But, who knows?

You’re exactly right. Anyone can win anytime. People made those same statements about Crosby vs Manvel. Everyone has a chance and we won’t know until the game is over. 

On 9/25/2018 at 9:23 AM, MhsTitans said:

That's crazy you all want to make fun of Crosby isd for what a few individuals might or might not done that causing financial problems but still waiting on FEMA to come save yal kids from walking in standing water going from portable building to portable building smh. We have to be better than this. 

That’s what these people cracking jokes don’t understand. This is a temporary situation, Crosby’s tax base is more than able to recover from this. I’m with you though, crazy how the people that normally complain about who’s on welfare are the ones waiting on it. Hopefully our band will be able to march? 

9 hours ago, Realville said:

If you start to hear someone playing a banjo.....You better RUN!!!  Lol!

You ain’t lying, most already have. Could never figure out why on the way to the family reunion I either had to pee in Beaumont or wait until we got to the rest stop at the state line? I realize now that my dad was trying to leave a buffer zone. 

On 9/25/2018 at 0:05 AM, WHO DAT???? said:

womp, womp, womp.

How 14.2 feels right about now 

self defense fighting GIF

VS what's actually going on

dumb bad robot GIF

I have to admit, your gif game is even stronger than my daughter’s. Usually when it’s at this level most of your friends are women? You only have 95 posts so I may be getting the wrong signal?

On 9/25/2018 at 11:48 PM, bigdog said:

Pot. Kettle.  I don’t inject my .02 in every thread to get a chance to talk down on every program that’s not Crosby.  Your just reinforcing my inferiority comment.  :).  And by the way,  how can you go “ backwards “ to a team that is already ahead of you?

Dude, we’re $5.9M in the hole and not a sane coach without ties to Nederland’s community would choose to coach there over Crosby. I don’t want to go backwards to being the school he wouldn’t go to. 

There are literally hundreds of threads on this board, please find how many I “inject my .02” into? Again, speaking in hyperbole and contorting my word to fit a false narrative. When have I “talked down” to some team and not referenced data to show what I was implying? What’s wrong with predicting PNG will lose to a 5th place Tomball without RJ? I think Barbers Hill is a much better program than Nederland, if I say something negative about them I guarantee the majority of their reasonable fans agree. It’s hard to be objective if you’re a player’s relative, saying something that player’s relative doesn’t agree with isn’t talking down. 

As for the inferiority comment I still don’t get it? I think Crosby is one of the better 5A programs in the Houston area. I think the good 5A programs in Houston area are significantly better than the ones in the Triangle. Inferior to the other red and white team 15 mins up the road though, yeah. 

18 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Dude, we’re $5.9M in the hole and not a sane coach without ties to Nederland’s community would choose to coach there over Crosby. I don’t want to go backwards to being the school he wouldn’t go to. 

There are literally hundreds of threads on this board, please find how many I “inject my .02” into? Again, speaking in hyperbole and contorting my word to fit a false narrative. When have I “talked down” to some team and not referenced data to show what I was implying? What’s wrong with predicting PNG will lose to a 5th place Tomball without RJ? I think Barbers Hill is a much better program than Nederland, if I say something negative about them I guarantee the majority of their reasonable fans agree. It’s hard to be objective if you’re a player’s relative, saying something that player’s relative doesn’t agree with isn’t talking down. 

As for the inferiority comment I still don’t get it? I think Crosby is one of the better 5A programs in the Houston area. I think the good 5A programs in Houston area are significantly better than the ones in the Triangle. Inferior to the other red and white team 15 mins up the road though, yeah. 

So in one comment you say you don't talk down on other programs and then proceed to do it.  Lol.   As far as Crosby goes how are they one of the better programs when they consistently can't get past the first or second round?  I am fully capable of getting constructive criticism as long as it doesn't have ulterior motive as yours does.   You make your criticism and then immediately make a Crosby comparison to prove (to yourself) that they are better.  That isn't constructive.   BTW, our new coach now in his second year that you keep downing was a round past the "great" Crosby coach in his first year of coaching,  while your team went home to a team that Ned beat the week before.    But I digress , since this is way off topic so back to Crosby vs Vidor.

14 minutes ago, bigdog said:

So in one comment you say you don't talk down on other programs and then proceed to do it.  Lol.   As far as Crosby goes how are they one of the better programs when they consistently can't get past the first or second round?  I am fully capable of getting constructive criticism as long as it doesn't have ulterior motive as yours does.   You make your criticism and then immediately make a Crosby comparison to prove (to yourself) that they are better.  That isn't constructive.   BTW, our new coach now in his second year that you keep downing was a round past the "great" Crosby coach in his first year of coaching,  while your team went home to a team that Ned beat the week before.    But I digress , since this is way off topic so back to Crosby vs Vidor.

Just out of curiosity, what teams did they lose to in the past 5 years or however long Coach Rio has been there?  I know PNG last year, but I haven’t been keeping up honestly.  I’m sure those teams weren’t any good.

2 hours ago, CougarCal said:

Just out of curiosity, what teams did they lose to in the past 5 years or however long Coach Rio has been there?  I know PNG last year, but I haven’t been keeping up honestly.  I’m sure those teams weren’t any good.

Elgin, FB Ridge Point,  FB Marshall,  PNG , Beaumont Central, Dayton are some of them.   Again, I never said that the teams they lost to are not good but when you are trying to rep your team as "top in the region" and downing other teams  that have made it as far or farther in the playoffs it doesn't stand up.

51 minutes ago, bigdog said:

Elgin, FB Ridge Point,  FB Marshall,  PNG , Beaumont Central, Dayton are some of them.   Again, I never said that the teams they lost to are not good but when you are trying to rep your team as "top in the region" and downing other teams  that have made it as far or farther in the playoffs it doesn't stand up.

Just quoting to bump this thread back up to the top, past all the spam. :)

Well, turn out the lights, the party’s over.  Crosby’s jv beat Vidor’s jv.  Why they even playing the game Friday?  Lol, just yanking your chain CCbigfan.  But if you don’t go to any games where Crosby is the favorite, you won’t see many Dist games.  This one has a good possibility of being a good one.  

And if you don’t come, you’ll miss the award presentation if Crosby wins.  Champions of Orange County. :) 

5 hours ago, bigdog said:

8 hours ago, CougarCal said:

Elgin, Ridge Point, Cedar Park, FB Marshall and PNG... all either went to Regional Finals or farther the year they beat Crosby in a playoff game. So I'm not sure what your opinion of "good" is. 

Wow, this is a fun thread, getting all financial. Haven't been on all week, trying to raise $ for Crosby, no joke. Anyway i think this game is a test of Crosby character and coaching ability to play an outlier team with special powers. I have always thought Matthews (sp) does a fantastic job with his kids. They will be frothing at the mouth and playing to their ground game, time control, and physicality. IF the Coogs start off slow like they have the first 3 games, they are in trouble. Crosby is the better team, better teams have lost lot of games especially at opponents homes with weather conditions. Any extraneous variable plays to the underdog, Vidor. Hopefully they have learned about the slow start. Crosby by 7 or 3 with a 45 yard field goal by the 9th grade kicker. It is going to be a good one. I need some info--seriously--selling raffle tickets for $25 for 2 x $3000 hunts at Sindomar trophy ranch in Del Rio, second place Capt Arnold Galveston bay fish for 4 and 3rd momma gift certs over 1500 at Woodlands market square. Where will the hunters be pregame? A lunch destination?/ Plan on being there btw 12-1  thanks   Lets enjoy a great game.