West Orange-Stark at Port Neches-Groves Scrimmage/Post comments here!

WOSgrad

I like what I see from PNG. The defense will be much improved from last season. The D line is very physical. We should be able to run the ball on most teams in districtthis year. That is not including Roschon. I mean our rbs . WOS will be as good as usual. Our line is huge. We played without one of our starting lineman and maybe two tonight as well as our starting RB. I thought both sides fought hard even as a scrimmage. 

My takeaways from watching from mid second quarter(got there late). Typical scrimmage with lots of rotation of players. Both teams won due to the quality of each team (the whole point of a scrimmage). WOS looked a little larger than normal up front. DB’s look typical WOS speed but we’re out of position many times against the pass. Great to see many “pearl” helmets making plays to try and earn that Silver helmet. Haven’t seen #45 before but played well at linebacker for WOS. Tyrone throws one of the most beautiful passes I’ve ever seen but the timing is off which led to a couple INT’s. That will get fixed. Running game needs some work but I believe that was mostly the blocking up front. PNG has some big kids up front. They always do but that could be a huge plus for them this season. RJ is nasty as that’s the first time I’ve seen him in person. Passes the “real deal” eye test. On his scramble for a TD run once he got past the LB’s it was like he hit the turbo button, the kid is lightning fast!! I look forward to following him and the NDN’s for the season. PNG could have a very special team this year, they are fast at all positions. Their D looked great even though they rotated out many players and rightfully so due to it being a scrimmage. All in all, I believe it ended up showing 2 things.....PNG looks like they will make a lot of noise in 5A and WOS, although young, looks to be pretty dang salty. Once again, it’s just a scrimmage but I liked what I saw.....minus the blocking and pass timing for WOS(which will be corrected) and look forward to following both teams on a long season. 

This Png team is scrappier on D. Seem to tackle better. Maybe a bit bigger too. We will find out what they are made of soon.

O line is really, really big. Run blocking is good already. Pass will come along. 

There's no Riggs, or a Hughes but these new Wrs will come together. I thought they did well.

Jaylen at rb is faster and shiftier than deslatte.  When deslatte returns they could be nice changes of pace.

#8 is a big ole kid. Who dat?

We will see how it goes. So far, I ain't mad at what I saw. 

chow yun fat yes GIF

30 minutes ago, XX Man said:

Hate to say it, but I saw a lot of mistakes from WOS. I'm sure Cornel has a lot of notes to work on. haha. 

Still got time to fix. I agree though, some of those mistakes haven’t happened the past 4-5 years. Atypical of a wos team. But again,  one more scrimmage and the predistrict to fix. They will be fine in district. 

9 hours ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

District is not a concern for teams like that championship or bust 

OK, then why are you even reading this thread? If district means nothing, then pre-district, playoffs, and obviously scrimmages are a waste of time, too. Check back in mid-December to see if we made it to AT&T that you take for granted. After all, the journey to get there means nothing and you have your room reservation in Dallas, right? For the rest of us, we'll enjoy football SEASON with the Mustangs and assume nothing. Our young team has much work to do. 

8 minutes ago, griff said:

OK, then why are you even reading this thread? If district means nothing, then pre-district, playoffs, and obviously scrimmages are a waste of time, too. Check back in mid-December to see if we made it to AT&T that you take for granted. After all, the journey to get there means nothing and you have your room reservation in Dallas, right? For the rest of us, we'll enjoy football SEASON with the Mustangs and assume nothing. Our young team has much work to do. 

Great post