Defense

Innis Gaines, S, Beaumont West Brook

Tavian Mayfield, S, Nederland

Michael McCain, LB, Silsbee

Steven Tims, LB, West Orange-Stark

Congrats to all of these players!

Edited by Gabe
Spelling of Mayfields name

Offense - Has to go to the State Champion QB from WOS. As much as I would like to see Adam Morse win it, you cant deny Jack Dallas this award. Reminds me of Drew Brees.

Defense -  As much as I think Innis Gaines shoud win it, its just really hard to go against a guy who played 16 ball games and came out a State Champion. Have to go with

Steven Tims.

All WOS Love here

Just now, Footballfan1209 said:

Offense - Has to go to the State Champion QB from WOS. As much as I would like to see Adam Morse win it, you cant deny Jack Dallas this award. Reminds me of Drew Brees.

Defense -  As much as I think Innis Gaines shoud win it, its just really hard to go against a guy who played 16 ball games and came out a State Champion. Have to go with

Steven Tims.

All WOS Love here

Have you seen Dontre Thomas' stats? They are video game numbers

7 minutes ago, Gabe said:

Have you seen Dontre Thomas' stats? They are video game numbers

I agree with that statement, however, what Jack Dallas has accomplished is nothing short of a miracle. He was the ONLY one returning in the Offensive side of the ball. He not only was the heart and soul of a "rebuilding" year but just so happened to win a State Championship too. And to top that you could argue, besides the defensive performance in that game, that JD3 took the game over and secured our first SC in 28 years.  I'm not sure what the WRS award looks at more, stats or accomplishments though. Also, Jacks numbers weren't exactly "sub par"lol. I mean I think the kid pretty much ownes all the records at WOS now and with that storied program, says a lot!!

7 minutes ago, Footballfan1209 said:

Hey im not disagreeing with you on Dontre Thomas, but it says a lot when you can lead your team to 16 games and win the State Championship. Its so hard for teams to make it that far and then come out victorious.

No doubt there. I will publicly say I am voting Thomas and Tims. 

If JD doesn't win on the offensive side it's a travesty... Video game numbers can be put up by a lot of good athletes... State Championships are a different story... I've seen JD play several times and even stated this year after WOS put it on PNG, that JD is at a different level than AM was... To me he is the kind of kid that gets in the huddle and says, get ready, because we are going to put this thing in high gear... It's not about video game numbers, it's about wins... A true leader, athlete, will take you to the dance.... Nothing against any of these other candidates, but the proof is in the pudding......

42 minutes ago, Who That said:

Thomas is by for the best Q B over 5,000 yards and 71 TD's know one will come close to that for years to come . This is about stats and not Popularity JD is a good QB and much respect on the state title .But that was a team effort. This is a one man show trophy and stats don't lie D. Thomas is your man.

Please, DT is arguably the best athlete.....

Not The Best QB. .. big difference

23 minutes ago, Footballfan1209 said:

Im just curious if Thomas' 5000 yards are more passing or rushing? Does anybody have that stat?

Silsbee senior QB Dontre Thomas had a record breaking season for Silsbee High School. He broke single season records of most rushing TD's, most passing TD's, most passing yards, most completions, total offensive yards and total TD's. Here are his final numbers:

rushing          250 carries, 1,880 yards, 31 TD's

passing        176-302, 3,146 yards, 40 TD's

total              5,026 yards, 71 TD's

He led an offense that also set school single season records with most points scored (669), most total yards (7,007), most points per game (47.8) and most yards per game (500.5)

Dontre really worked hard in the off season and it paid off tremendously. This young man really dedicated himself to get better for his team knowing he was going to be the man to lead them this season.

Big congrats to a fantastic season, Dontre. Job well done!

Willie Ray Smith!!!!

Another example of WOS fans being delusional as usual...Jack Dallas not even on the same planet as Dontre this is an award about individual stats has nothing to do with what his team won. It's no way you can come on here and realistically say that Jack Dallas was a better player than the Dontre kid. Smh you guys are such homers, anyway congrats to all the kids that are nominated however as I predicted before the season started Dontre should win this year WRS award and it's not even close.