Navasota vs. La Marque

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="TexasMinuteman" post="1340625" timestamp="1353776618"]
[quote author=T-Dawd link=topic=106681.msg1340585#msg1340585 date=1353774205]
The pa announcer was LM's normal announcer because they were the home team.
[/quote]A neutral venue is just that.'Home' team is for title only. You didnt hear any favoritism from the announcers at the other two games did you?
[/quote]
All I'm saying is that the pa announcer was the SAME one that announced at their home game.  All other announcers don't seem to show much favortism.

I here alot of  posting here about Navasota is unbeatable! Hmmmm! I do not think they have face a good defensive like La Marque. La Marque has a RICH tradition of state titles and year end and year out has made it to the post season many of times. The understanding I am getting is that Navasota finally has a great team (in how many years) so some of their fans take that as a sign of tradition and start beating their chest like they already won the state title. Like I say any team can be beat on any given day! Learn how to be respectful to your next opponent because that game could be Navasota last game of the year. Just a thought! Anyway! Good luck to both teams and pray for no injuries! 8)

no one has found away to stop navasota  there passing game is what makes them click from what i have read and watched in your tube and thay keep you on your toes with a very good running game  to go along with there passing game. if lm can find away to stop this then you can stay close maybe .  you dont become #1 becouse of your looks i wish both teams te best this comming friday

[quote name="panamamyers" post="1342189" timestamp="1353860418"]
So is it for sure going to be in The Woodlands, Friday night?
Do you think I should be concerned about it being sold out if I were to just show up at gametime looking for a ticket?
[/quote]id get there early man.

Navasota has brought the college style of playing to highschool football. A hurry up offense that throws the ball 25+ times a game. If your tean isn't in shape and or doesn't have DBs that can cover your in trouble.

IMO La'Marque will presser the rattlers like they haven't been all season the cougs are physical and run to the ball well. Their problem will be points. I do believe they can hold Navasota well under their season average. But will it be enough in the end is the question?

Good luck to both teams on friday.  The winner of this one has a good chance of bringing home a state title this year.  It will be another tough test for the winner next week with WOS.

Gotta go with my prediction from predistrict though.

Navasota wins state this year. 

Not saying LaMarque can't beat them this week, or WOS next week, just saying in my opinion they are better than any team I have seen Coldspring play in the last 3 years, including LaMarque, WOS, Carthage in '10, or Wimberley in '11. 

[quote name="panamamyers" post="1342334" timestamp="1353878892"]
Not going to be able to get there early.  I work Friday until 5:15 and that's in the Medical Center area.  Best I could do is 6:30 probably.
[/quote]oh you should be fine by then, the LM side might be full, i dont know how well Navasota travels.

[quote name="TROJANSWIN" post="1342335" timestamp="1353879313"]
Good luck to both teams on friday.  The winner of this one has a good chance of bringing home a state title this year.  It will be another tough test for the winner next week with WOS.

Gotta go with my prediction from predistrict though.

Navasota wins state this year. 

Not saying LaMarque can't beat them this week, or WOS next week, just saying in my opinion they are better than any team I have seen Coldspring play in the last 3 years, including LaMarque, WOS, Carthage in '10, or Wimberley in '11.
[/quote]

Thanks for the confidence in us.

I'm a Rattler fan and I will be the first to tell you what I think will happen good or bad. I've been following Navasota football for a very long time and this team is the best that I've seen in years. IMO, this team is starting to peak at the right time. Just looking at the offense, we scored 62 and 59 in the first two games. This has been our best offensive output of the year. At a time when defenses and the overall team opponent play should be better, Navasota, has dominated two good teams in China Spring and Jasper. 

Now, wether We beat La Marque by 1 or 35, it really doesn't matter.  We will need to continue to do what we have done all year.  If we continue to do that, I don't have in doubt in my mind that we will be successful.

Btw, Navasota fans travel very very well.  We have sold out our side of the stands at both Buddy Moorhead and at Bryan High. So, yes, you may want to get there early.

Good luck to all the teams remaining an may we all remain injury free.

[quote name="beechnut" post="1340613" timestamp="1353775734"]
[b]Third play of the game lamarque had a player take a walk[/b] and coaching staff has little control over the team. CS had their number but had some bad breaks hence here they are. Good luck
[/quote]

That player was [b]ejected[/b] for doing something stupid. No other issues after that with any other player.

[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1342301" timestamp="1353875080"]
Navasota has brought the college style of playing to highschool football. A hurry up offense that throws the ball 25+ times a game. If your tean isn't in shape and or doesn't have DBs that can cover your in trouble.

IMO La'Marque will presser the rattlers like they haven't been all season the cougs are physical and run to the ball well. Their problem will be points. I do believe they can hold Navasota well under their season average. But will it be enough in the end is the question?
[/quote]

IMO la marque plays the pass very well when they prepare for it, against coldspring it was all ground and pound the first game so when they came out the gate with the play action pass it got La marque off balance. But this la marque team not only has speed and talent, but have a very efficient coaching staff. And we adjusted just in time to take control of the game. I've watched film on Navasota and their QB can really make things happen when he is given time. But im not sure how well that will play out against our aggressive D-line and LB's... The only real threat i see is the La marque offense finding its groove and being able to consistently move the ball. This game should come down to the wire.

I love how spectators are counting us out in this game just because we let Coldspring get out early on us.... lol  ::) For those of you that attended the game, i'm sure you noticed we ran the same 10 plays over and over in different order. And CS couldnt stop it consistently. So why bothering changing up the routine ? The game against navasota this week will have its own identity. We prepare for every team differently. And last week was just a grind out type of game. All respects to what Navasota has accomplished this year, but please don't be so arrogant like some of your fans and think this week will just be a field day... because la marque is just not that type of team to be toyed with. It will be a battle very early... Your best competition all year, and ours as well. So may the best team THAT night win..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder