Navasota vs. La Marque

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1340491" timestamp="1353767297"]
Stop hyping these guys offense up so much. They haven't played anybody that's on La'Marque or WOS's level all year. Its very possible Navasota loses this friday.

But my goodness these outrages score predictions of the scoring dang near 50 on the coogs get real
[/quote]

Finally!! I agree with you. ;D

Stop hyping these guys offense up so much. They haven't played anybody that's on La'Marque or WOS's level all year. Its very possible Navasota loses this friday.

But my goodness these outrages score predictions of the scoring dang near 50 on the coogs get real
[/quote]

Don't fret, Most of those predictors either havent seen la marque play since pre-season or AT ALL this season, or are sore losing CS fans. lol I thought you were suppose to be supporting the team you lost to, so at least you could say "we lost, but we lost to the best or the next champs" . I guess they don't do that in this classification. At least not the fans. I was glad to see the comradery by the players after the game though. They obviously knew they lost to the better team last night. Coldspring did however expose some weakness in our defense after having the benefit of playing us twice, I'm sure that will be tweaked this week in practice.

[/quote]

I wouldnt say that La Marques D was that stell as you would think.. Coldspring was the losing team lastnight but I feel that had a lot to do with the Coaches play calling.. Bryce Shepherd had yall beat twice on the first 4 plays and he dropped the first pass. Props to La Marques on winning that game but yall are going to have your hands full this next game. Yall didnt defend the pass well lastnight. NAvasota will win this game and move on to WO-S the next week. La  Marque you are a good team but not a great team like yall are fixing to play. Good luck to all the Kids in the Regional playoffs.

At this point in the season, the final score or how many a team can put up doesn't matter.  All that matters is the W. 

First, China Spring. According to them, when hadn't played anyone.  Final 62-16

Jasper, well, it was 59-7 going into the final few minutes of play.  With the last touchdown coming with 2nd and 3rd stringers in.  This is the same Jasper team that WOS beat 17-7 and Carthage beat 49-31. 

La Marque.  After Navasota beat the Trojans 36-8 with the opportunity to put much more on the score bored, the Trojans then beat La Marque..

Fast Forward to last night, La Marque 35-21.  Not saying that La Marque and Coldspring hadn't imporved, but good team should be improving just as the Rattlers have.

I don't like to compare scores, but they are what they are....

We don't care if we score 20 or 50 as long as we get the W.  So, whomever we play, they better bring their A game.  And, I  ain't bragging.  I just know football and it will take a team that can stop Navasota offense and a team that can move the ball as well.. Navasota can play a little defense too...

With that said, we look forward to our date with the Coogs....

[quote name="Bigdaddy79" post="1340527" timestamp="1353770858"]
[quote author=jkbtjc53 link=topic=106681.msg1340491#msg1340491 date=1353767297]

[/quote]

I wouldnt say that La Marques D was that stell as you would think.. Coldspring was the losing team lastnight but I feel that had a lot to do with the Coaches play calling.. Bryce Shepherd had yall beat twice on the first 4 plays and he dropped the first pass. Props to La Marques on winning that game but yall are going to have your hands full this next game. Yall didnt defend the pass well lastnight. NAvasota will win this game and move on to WO-S the next week. La  Marque you are a good team but not a great team like yall are fixing to play. Good luck to all the Kids in the Regional playoffs.
[/quote]
We actually did well in covering the short passing game but on the one side where #3 was lined up you will see probably one of the shortest corners you will ever see in high school football. La marque has a corner that is like 5'4 and he was in man coverage against someone that appeared to be about 5'11 or so... So of coarse if the receiver gets a step on him then he will get beat deep. You can tell that La marque prepared for the running game this week because they were willing to take that chance of having him one on one. But i wouldnt take that corner off the field because of it, he is one of the fastest and best defenders for the cougars, other than safety #8. It was just well played by CS.

[quote name="Rattler99" post="1340533" timestamp="1353771368"]
At this point in the season, the final score or how many a team can put up doesn't matter.  All that matters is the W. 

Jasper, well, it was 59-7 going into the final few minutes of play.  With the last touchdown coming with 2nd and 3rd stringers in.  This is the same Jasper team that WOS beat 17-7 and Carthage beat 49-31. 

La Marque.  After Navasota beat the Trojans 36-8 with the opportunity to put much more on the score bored, the Trojans then beat La Marque..

Fast Forward to last night, La Marque 35-21.  Not saying that La Marque and Coldspring hadn't imporved, but good team should be improving just as the Rattlers have.

We don't care if we score 20 or 50 as long as we get the W.  So, whomever we play, they better bring their A game.  And, I  ain't bragging.  I just know football and it will take a team that can stop Navasota offense and a team that can move the ball as well.. Navasota can play a little defense too...

[/quote]

Jasper scored on WOS with 50 seconds left in the game it was complete dominance.  Like I said Navasota wont put up over 28 on La'Marque

[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1340566" timestamp="1353773200"]
[quote author=Rattler99 link=topic=106681.msg1340533#msg1340533 date=1353771368]

[/quote]

Jasper scored on WOS with 50 seconds left in the game it was complete dominance.  Like I said Navasota wont put up over 28 on La'Marque
[/quote]

Like I said, we don't care!  Why is there soooooooooooooooooo much fascination with how points someone can score..?

[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1340566" timestamp="1353773200"]
[quote author=Rattler99 link=topic=106681.msg1340533#msg1340533 date=1353771368]

[/quote]

[/quote]Navasota can and will put up more than 28 points,I just hope its not at Reliant,I hope its at a true nuetral venue where the public speaker isnt a Cougar fan.

[/quote

You must have not watched Navasota play this year.  No one has come close to stopping this offense.  I not saying they are going to score 50, but I am not saying they aren't going to score 50 either.  This team can score at will and have some many options to do it with.  Should be the best competition for the Rattlers all year, but in the end they will wear down the cougars.  WOS only put up 17 against Jasper.  Navasota doubled that by halftime.

Navasota = at least 42
La Marque = 21

[quote name="TexasMinuteman" post="1340625" timestamp="1353776618"]
[quote author=T-Dawd link=topic=106681.msg1340585#msg1340585 date=1353774205]
The pa announcer was LM's normal announcer because they were the home team.
[/quote]A neutral venue is just that.'Home' team is for title only. You didnt hear any favoritism from the announcers at the other two games did you?
[/quote]

I don't think the way you announce a teams name had any affect on the outcome of the game... They could have had ronald mcdonalds as the announcer, results would still be the same.

[quote name="cbmurphy11" post="1340584" timestamp="1353774192"]

[/quote

You must have not watched Navasota play this year.  No one has come close to stopping this offense.  I not saying they are going to score 50, but I am not saying they aren't going to score 50 either.  This team can score at will and have some many options to do it with.  Should be the best competition for the Rattlers all year, but in the end they will wear down the cougars.  WOS only put up 17 against Jasper.  Navasota doubled that by halftime.

Navasota = at least 42
La Marque = 21
[/quote]

WOS doesn't care to run up the score once the game is in hand we run the ball and milk the clock. Our defense takes care of the rest

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder