Navasota vs. La Marque

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Rattler99" post="1346983" timestamp="1354398288"]
We were actually up 24-6 midway through the 3rd. This wasn't our best game due to turnovers. Yes, La Marque is a very good team and had something to do with that.
[/quote]didnt know yall had a few turnovers, i stand corrected.  8)

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1347000" timestamp="1354398988"]
[quote author=Rattler99 link=topic=106681.msg1346983#msg1346983 date=1354398288]
We were actually up 24-6 midway through the 3rd. This wasn't our best game due to turnovers. Yes, La Marque is a very good team and had something to do with that.
[/quote]
If I'm no mistaken La Marque had a few turn overs as well. The ball was snapped over the punters head twice one directly resulting in a Navasota TD in the Endzone and the other also resulted in a TD after a short drive. Both teams played great defense. Navasota won the turn over battle. There was also a TD called back for La Marque, after a long TD run by the QB.

As for the way the players acted, I hate to bust everyone bubble but both teams we swinging that night. In fact a Personal Foul on Navasota kept a LM drive alive late in the 4th. And if you think the LM fans accept the behavior of their player, ask the Coldsprings players sitting behind my group and the other fans in the area, we were not only critical of the players but the coaches as well for not addressing it right away.

Good luck to Navasota and WOS next week. Should be a good game.

[quote name="CoachDanny" post="1347325" timestamp="1354416928"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=106681.msg1347000#msg1347000 date=1354398988]
[quote author=Rattler99 link=topic=106681.msg1346983#msg1346983 date=1354398288]
[/quote]
If I'm no mistaken La Marque had a few turn overs as well. The ball was snapped over the punters head twice one directly resulting in a Navasota TD in the Endzone and the other also resulted in a TD after a short drive. Both teams played great defense. Navasota won the turn over battle. There was also a TD called back for La Marque, after a long TD run by the QB.

As for the way the players acted, I hate to bust everyone bubble but both teams we swinging that night. In fact a Personal Foul on Navasota kept a LM drive alive late in the 4th. And if you think the LM fans accept the behavior of their player, ask the Coldsprings players sitting behind my group and the other fans in the area, we were not only critical of the players but the coaches as well for not addressing it right away.

Good luck to Navasota and WOS next week. Should be a good game.
[/quote]
Not sure which Coldspring fans you are referring to, but where we were sitting on the Navasota side, there were a bunch of LaMarque fans for some reason.  Not sure why they sat on the wrong side because there was more open space on the LaMarque side than the Navasota side.  From my perspective, Navasota played a pretty clean game.  It was LaMarque that seemed to be the cheap shot artists.  I even saw one of the LaMarque players put what looked like a WWF wrestling move on the Navasota Quarterback on one play.  Another LaMarque player made the tackle and on the way down the other player came in to help finish the tackle and looked like he was doing some sort of elbow drop to the Navasota qb's back.  I didn't hear any of the LaMarque fans near us condemning the behavior.  One even kept taunting the Navasota fans and then began to talk trash to our group about Coldspring is nothing, and where is ya'lls team.  I am not saying our fans kept their composure as good as the Navasota players, and pretty rudely invited him to come sit with us next week to watch Navasota play, but he kept stirring up trash the entire game. 
The LaMarque player (#33 I think) that got kicked out at the end had to be basically restrained by a coach and team mate during the handshake and kept acting a fool on the field. 
I don't remember the Navasota penalty that you refer to, only thing close that I can remember was a bad face mask call on Navasota on a stiff arm on offense.  I only went to the game to watch what I assumed would be a great game between two good football teams.  Don't have a dog in the fight, but there is no comparing the actions of LaMarque and Navasota at this game.  Navasota played like a champion, with class and dignity, and LaMarque played and acted like a bunch of thugs that thought they could intimidate someone.  The score was a lot closer than the game.  There was never any real doubt that Navasota had it under control.

[quote name="Rattler99" post="1346779" timestamp="1354384419"]
Congrats to the Rattlers!

La Marque- Nothing against the fans, but the team had to be the most dirtiest, classless team that I've ever seen.  The coaches cound't control their own players. 

Before the game, going into the locker rooms, some La Marque players gave the Navasota the F Bomb with their coaches there with them.  The La Marque coaches didn't say a word. 

Through out the game, late hits, extra pushing, mouthing, etc..  After the game, the police had to stop one or two Cougar players as they were trying to start more crap... One player threw his helmet to the turf...  One didn't want to shake hands has he walked off the field....  A total embarassment if I am a La Marque Cougar....

There's a big difference in history and pride, but this was just down right classless...  I am not sure what is going on or what has happened down I45, but, this is not the same La Marque program that I remember.
[/quote]

Good friend of mine was at the game, sat on the La Marque side and gave the stated the same thing.

[quote name="cbmurphy11" post="1346804" timestamp="1354386174"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=106681.msg1346439#msg1346439 date=1354349691]
from what i heard LM left 14 points off the board. Closer game than i expected, i surely thought Navasota would blow them out.  :o
[/quote]

Navasota asking turned the ball over 4 times and left points on the board.  This game wasn't as close as the score indicates.
[/quote]

From my perspective it was EXACTLY as close as the score indicates. If not for a phantom holding call, the score would have been 31-27 midway through the 4th.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder