#5 Nederland vs #1 Pearland Dawson

dogbite

Anyone know the confirmed time Ned/pearland Dawson?  

269 members have voted

1. 1. Anyone know the confirmed time Ned/pearland Dawson?

• Nederland Bulldogs
    • Pearland dawson

I think Nederland fans would have been pulling for SC if they hadn't shown their backsides with every win... showed no class... get no respect.  And it got worse after you were bounced.  We don't care if you pull for us or not, we've been here before and know how to win and lose with class.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1342849" timestamp="1353958416"]
[quote author=bulldog1984 link=topic=106670.msg1342845#msg1342845 date=1353958068]
What i would like to know if Nederland does pull this one out will all the doubters stop then ? SC, Barbers hill ,crosby and Dayton and a few others. Will Nederland be worthy then to beat # 1 ranked
[/quote]

Yes. I would definitely say Nederland is good IF y'all beat Dawson.....because playing Dayton after we beat them up, and PC are cake walk games IMO...

And I would be pulling for Ned if y'all would have been pulling for SC instead of a team not in area ::)
[/quote]
SC would be playing this week except SC don't know how to play defense...

[quote name="C O Wilson Bullpups" post="1342877" timestamp="1353961300"]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=106670.msg1342849#msg1342849 date=1353958416]
[quote author=bulldog1984 link=topic=106670.msg1342845#msg1342845 date=1353958068]
What i would like to know if Nederland does pull this one out will all the doubters stop then ? SC, Barbers hill ,crosby and Dayton and a few others. Will Nederland be worthy then to beat # 1 ranked
[/quote]

Yes. I would definitely say Nederland is good IF y'all beat Dawson.....because playing Dayton after we beat them up, and PC are cake walk games IMO...

And I would be pulling for Ned if y'all would have been pulling for SC instead of a team not in area ::)
[/quote]
SC would be playing this week except SC don't know how to play defense...
[/quote]

No...SC would be playing this week if they had discipline.  That was the deference in the game.

[quote name="Brubaker" post="1342863" timestamp="1353960013"]
I think Nederland fans would have been pulling for SC if they hadn't shown their backsides with every win... showed no class... get no respect.  And it got worse after you were bounced.  We don't care if you pull for us or not, we've been here before and know how to win and lose with class.
[/quote]

Okay that was one poster and he/she is entitled to whatever he/she wants to say, and I never saw where he/she said anything personal or out of line....if he/she wants to brag, that's what he/she wants to do, but that poster was not to ENTIRE fan base or the SC football players...all you need is an email to sign up on here, that can be a person from another team. So stop saying Y'all SC fans, when it was one. I have said my two cent on some of these threads, and majority were RESPONSES to idiots that were talking something other than smack.... ::)

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1342910" timestamp="1353964232"]
[quote author=Brubaker link=topic=106670.msg1342863#msg1342863 date=1353960013]
[/quote]

It has been more than one SC poster and you know it.  You have been downing Nederland all season, but look where they are, 3rd round!

Okay that was one poster and he/she is entitled to whatever he/she wants to say, and I never saw where he/she said anything personal or out of line....if he/she wants to brag, that's what he/she wants to do, but that poster was not to ENTIRE fan base or the SC football players...all you need is an email to sign up on here, that can be a person from another team. So stop saying Y'all SC fans, when it was one. I have said my two cent on some of these threads, and majority were RESPONSES to idiots that were talking something other than smack.... ::)
[/quote]

[quote name="bigdog" post="1342921" timestamp="1353965329"]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=106670.msg1342910#msg1342910 date=1353964232]
[/quote]

It has been more than one SC poster and you know it.  You have been downing Nederland all season, but look where they are, 3rd round!

[/quote]
[/quote]

yea we talked smack when it was Nederland vs Dayton, that was 19-4a vs 20-4a.....that was the only time....you are as lost as Goldie locks ::)

[quote name="foosballfan" post="1342952" timestamp="1353969070"]
What was going on with the NED "D" when they gave up 250+ rushing yards to Goose Creek, Angleton & Vidor?
[/quote]
Vidor led the whole state of Texas in rushing. Over 400 yards per game on the ground.. and we hold them inthe 200-300 range. Angleton also known as a running team. They just hung up about 70 in  a play off game with rushing. They only scored i think three tds on offense against Nederland. GC was the second game of the year.. We are way better right now compared to back then.

[quote name="dawgnut" post="1342815" timestamp="1353955014"]
If it's that same slim to none chance we had against Dayton and Pflugerville, I'll take it, we should have a pretty good shot at it.
[/quote]I never made a prediction on the Dayton/Ned game....knew we were in trouble. I will still pull for Ned though...good luck.

From my view Nederland played good against Crosby then kind of went into a slumber through the beginning of district and woke up revived and better against ozen.  From there we've continually improved and are playing very good football at just the right time!

This should be a big game.  We all know about Dawson's reputation and the win last year.  But, the Dogs are more seasoned and have shown more and more determination and  higher skill every game.  Our Defense is the best by far which will make their past high scoring diminish.  Our Offense has the components, athleticism and drive to make it happen.  It will take less mistakes, less penalties and full concentration for us to win.    The DOGS  have it in them to win and want it.  They are balanced, calm & confident.  No matter what, it will be an battle to the end and exciting game.  GO DOGS!!!  The DOGS have what it takes!  GO get 'em, BIG NED!!!! 

[quote name="Diamond-J" post="1342984" timestamp="1353971574"]
[quote author=dawgnut link=topic=106670.msg1342815#msg1342815 date=1353955014]
If it's that same slim to none chance we had against Dayton and Pflugerville, I'll take it, we should have a pretty good shot at it.
[/quote]I never made a prediction on the Dayton/Ned game....knew we were in trouble. I will still pull for Ned though...good luck.
[/quote]

I wasn't really talking about you, just posters in general! Every time we play, someone (not you) puts something up about us not being as athletic, to slow or such. Each week since week 0 we have won some way so my comment is in general don't break the string.

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1342910" timestamp="1353964232"]
[/quote]

Okay that was one poster and he/she is entitled to whatever he/she wants to say, and I never saw where he/she said anything personal or out of line....if he/she wants to brag, that's what he/she wants to do,[b][b] but that poster was not to ENTIRE fan base or the SC football players...all you need is an email to sign up on here, that can be a person from another team.[/b][/b] So stop saying Y'all SC fans, when it was one. I have said my two cent on some of these threads, and majority were RESPONSES to idiots that were talking something other than smack.... ::)
[/quote]

This a message board with people expressing individuals opinions and in NO WAY reflect the teams that are "fans" of or not.  Just because a username is given doesn't mean jack.    No one on this board is an authority, well, WOS Grad maybe the one that name that comes to mind.

No one should bash a football team and especially individual players (who mostly are minors) just because....

That's my thoughts on this.

Concerning this game vs PDawson, the Dogs are the team to get them a fight and hopefully come out on top.  Our O Line is keying in giving QB time to throw and make those holes.  The game will be a special teams, field position  battle. 

Turnovers hopefully will tip in the Dogs favor.  Excited to see this one in a great venue.

Go Bulldogs!!

[quote name="foosballfan" post="1342952" timestamp="1353969070"]
What was going on with the NED "D" when they gave up 250+ rushing yards to Goose Creek, Angleton & Vidor?
[/quote]
What was the average per rush? When you run the ball 50 or 60 times the rushing yards will be higher than normal

This matchup reminds me of '01 in a way. Ned went into the quarterfinals against Friendswood. Ned 9-3 vs Friendswood 12-0, who had dominated the greater Houston area. Fw had lots of offense that year, Ned had enough offense and a good defense (but imo not as good as this year). The football gurus had us as a huge underdog in that game with little chance to win. That good defense slowed Fw way down and the same type offense we have now scored 25 pts. for a 25-14 (I think) win. Really good defense vs high octane offense will win most of the time. I really like our odds.

[quote name="coach pops" post="1343042" timestamp="1353978079"]
This matchup reminds me of '01 in a way. Ned went into the quarterfinals against Friendswood. Ned 9-3 vs Friendswood 12-0, who had dominated the greater Houston area. Fw had lots of offense that year, Ned had enough offense and a good defense (but imo not as good as this year). The football gurus had us as a huge underdog in that game with little chance to win. That good defense slowed Fw way down and the same type offense we have now scored 25 pts. for a 25-14 (I think) win. Really good defense vs high octane offense will win most of the time. I really like our odds.
[/quote]

Friendswood had that great QB, Dog fans were so loud in that game, he had to call time out and couldn't get plays off.

Also, we had big special teams in that game.  It was a definite game turner.

Great tailgating at that game as well  8)

To be honest, Nederland will nit have seen this much team speed on offense, I don't think our defense will be anywhere near as dominant.  We must win the turnover battle by 2, and decidedly win the kicking game to have a shot.  Their speed will neutralize our strength in the four horseman, defensively, we'll be leaning heavily on Stampley and Wood and Seay.  Just my opinions.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin