#5 Nederland vs #1 Pearland Dawson

dogbite

Anyone know the confirmed time Ned/pearland Dawson?  

269 members have voted

1. 1. Anyone know the confirmed time Ned/pearland Dawson?

• Nederland Bulldogs
    • Pearland dawson

[quote name="foosballfan" post="1342952" timestamp="1353969070"]
What was going on with the NED "D" when they gave up 250+ rushing yards to Goose Creek, Angleton & Vidor?
[/quote]

Vidor and Angleton definitely earned their rushing yards against Ned. Ned did hold Vidor well below their season average though. Angleton ran it well on the Dogs but had single digit passing yards. Goose Creek had a 75 yard TD run against our 1st teamers. The majority of their rushing yards came on 2 long rush TDs against the 2nd string and one of those was the final play of the game. The 2nd string played the ENTIRE 4q against Goose Creek. Ned will have to come up big against a great offense like Dawson, but the Eagles will have to earn every yard.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This should prove to be a very hard-fought, exciting game. I see a defensive battle between both teams. I feel Nederland will continue to stay focused, one play at a time and come away with the win. These young men have fought hard and have proven themselves time and again this season. I feel very honored to have the [b]Nederland Bulldogs[/b] represent our district this year.

Praying for traveling mercies for ALL who are involved with this game....players, coaches, bands, drill teams, fans, parents and anyone else I may have forgotten. 

GO BULLDOGS!

AMEN ! This INDIAN FAN and family are pulling for our neighbors to WIN ! GO BULLDOGS !!!! I think the key to Nederland winning is to stay focused and not be distracted by the Reliant atmosphere. I feel PD is already thinking they have this game in the bag.  Nederland will hang with PD and shut them down in second half to bring home the WIN !
GO DOGS !
Trying to make it happen so I can go, will be bring several PNG players with me if we can. Lots of PNG Purple will be in the stands pulling for the DOGS !

Will they be selling tickets @ Reliant? Or do I need to drive up the road to PD's place to get them before friday? I gotta make this game, it's gonna be a gooood one. Then, It's off to Gupton Stadium sat morning to see our 'Cats play! Then, pro ball on sun. My w/e will be spent watching lots of high quality HS and NFL football!  ;D ;D ;D The Cat's owe PD a whippin' too after last year's quarter final game, so GO BIG NED!!!

[quote name="Purple/Silver/White" post="1343276" timestamp="1354019700"]
Will they be selling tickets @ Reliant? Or do I need to drive up the road to PD's place to get them before friday? I gotta make this game, it's gonna be a gooood one. Then, It's off to Gupton Stadium sat morning to see our 'Cats play! Then, pro ball on sun. My w/e will be spent watching lots of high quality HS and NFL football!  ;D ;D ;D The Cat's owe PD a whippin' too after last year's quarter final game, so GO BIG NED!!!
[/quote]
They will be selling tickets at the gate for $13. Idk about Dawson High School, but in Nederland you can buy tickets at the school. Students $7 and Adult $10. It should be the same over there.

Speaking as a Dawson parent, I can say most of us do not feel the game is in the bag or that this will be an easy game.  Nederland has proven that they can play and that they have a quality team.

I saw an earlier post where someone mentioned the ranking being shoved in Nederland's face all week.  Well, my opinion about that ranking is that it is more of a hindrance than a help.  Being ranked #1 felt good for about 5 minutes and then you realize that it just put a big Bulls eye on your back.  It is a great motivator for every team that you play to be the one to knock down #1. 

It should be a great game.  Our offense is powerful - sparked by James White (no secret there) - that kid is amazing and somehow always manages to get the yardage needed.  It will take more than a few field goals and a touchdown to beat Dawson.  Our defense is good and have made some incredible plays at  just the right time in some close games to change the momentum.

I think playing at Reliant is a bit overwhelming at first.  But what a great experience for the teams!  I hope that both teams play their best game ever.  Congratulations to Nederland for once again making it this far.  I pray that everyone has a safe trip and a great time - win or lose.

Oh, and Go Eagles!!

[quote name="ram0524" post="1343281" timestamp="1354021338"]
[quote author=Purple/Silver/White link=topic=106670.msg1343276#msg1343276 date=1354019700]
[/quote]
They will be selling tickets at the gate for $13. Idk about Dawson High School, but in Nederland you can buy tickets at the school. Students $7 and Adult $10. It should be the same over there.
[/quote]

Tickets are available at the Dawson campus during school hours:
$7 for Students, $10 for Adults and $13 at the gate.  Depending on how many tickets you are buying, it may be worth the trip to Pearland.

[quote name="wolf6151" post="1343285" timestamp="1354022457"]
Speaking as a Dawson parent, I can say most of us do not feel the game is in the bag or that this will be an easy game.  Nederland has proven that they can play and that they have a quality team.

I saw an earlier post where someone mentioned the ranking being shoved in Nederland's face all week.  Well, my opinion about that ranking is that it is more of a hindrance than a help.  Being ranked #1 felt good for about 5 minutes and then you realize that it just put a big Bulls eye on your back.  It is a great motivator for every team that you play to be the one to knock down #1. 

It should be a great game.  Our offense is powerful - sparked by James White (no secret there) - that kid is amazing and somehow always manages to get the yardage needed.  It will take more than a few field goals and a touchdown to beat Dawson.  Our defense is good and have made some incredible plays at  just the right time in some close games to change the momentum.

I think playing at Reliant is a bit overwhelming at first.  But what a great experience for the teams!  I hope that both teams play their best game ever.  Congratulations to Nederland for once again making it this far.  I pray that everyone has a safe trip and a great time - win or lose.

Oh, and Go Eagles!!

[/quote]
wolf6151, Thanks for a positive message on here. So much more class then some of our Summer Creek fans. Nederland has an exceptional team as well and this game will surely not disappoint. This was a good game last year as well! Prayers for safe travels and safety for all participants, with that being said, Go Bulldogs!!!!!

[i]wolf6151, Thanks for a positive message on here. So much more class then some of our Summer Creek fans. Nederland has an exceptional team as well and this game will surely not disappoint. This was a good game last year as well![/i]

We all like to talk big about our team and our kids.  After all, it is a sport and competition is what makes it so exciting.  But I don't think we have to put down others to raise ourselves up.  All of these kids, coaches, communities and parents have come together to support these kids.  There are lots of life lessons to learn in competition.  I want my daughter to always be fair in her observations and opinions.  I want her to learn respect for others.  No matter how you place, you must always have respect and appreciation for your opponent.  I only talk trash about another team with people I know well and who know me and know it is all in fun.

Nothing wrong with being proud and believing in your team. Just always be respectful.  No need to give anyone more motivation to kick your butt!

So, one more time, since it hasn't been said enough times on this SETX board - [color=red][b]GO EAGLES!![/b][/color]

Oh and Go Dawson Eagle Band (the other success story on the [s]marching[/s] football field.  ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="wolf6151" post="1343316" timestamp="1354027297"]
[i]wolf6151, Thanks for a positive message on here. So much more class then some of our Summer Creek fans. Nederland has an exceptional team as well and this game will surely not disappoint. This was a good game last year as well![/i]

We all like to talk big about our team and our kids.  After all, it is a sport and competition is what makes it so exciting.  But I don't think we have to put down others to raise ourselves up.  All of these kids, coaches, communities and parents have come together to support these kids.  There are lots of life lessons to learn in competition.  I want my daughter to always be fair in her observations and opinions.  I want her to learn respect for others.  No matter how you place, you must always have respect and appreciation for your opponent.  I only talk trash about another team with people I know well and who know me and know it is all in fun.

Nothing wrong with being proud and believing in your team. Just always be respectful.  No need to give anyone more motivation to kick your butt!

So, one more time, since it hasn't been said enough times on this SETX board - [color=red][b]GO EAGLES!![/b][/color]

Oh and Go Dawson Eagle Band (the other success story on the [s]marching[/s] football field.  ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

Welcome Wolf, good to have a Dawson fan on here.  Bring some more over if you can so we can talk football!!

[quote name="coach pops" post="1343042" timestamp="1353978079"]
This matchup reminds me of '01 in a way. Ned went into the quarterfinals against Friendswood. Ned 9-3 vs Friendswood 12-0, who had dominated the greater Houston area. Fw had lots of offense that year, Ned had enough offense and a good defense (but imo not as good as this year). The football gurus had us as a huge underdog in that game with little chance to win. That good defense slowed Fw way down and the same type offense we have now scored 25 pts. for a 25-14 (I think) win. Really good defense vs high octane offense will win most of the time. I really like our odds.
[/quote]

And Friendswood was ranked #2 in state that year.  The crowd was definitely the 12th man that game.  The final was 25-7.  Here is an article on it.

http://www.chron.com/CDA/archives/archive.mpl/2001_3353267/inspired-nederland-stuns-previously-unbeaten-frien.html

[quote name="ram0524" post="1343281" timestamp="1354021338"]
[quote author=Purple/Silver/White link=topic=106670.msg1343276#msg1343276 date=1354019700]
[/quote]
[/quote]
If you don't attend Nederland can you still go by the school and purchase tickets? If so where at the school should I go to purchase them?

[quote name="Allen Gamble" post="1343337" timestamp="1354030358"]
[quote author=ram0524 link=topic=106670.msg1343281#msg1343281 date=1354021338]
[/quote]
[/quote]
If you don't attend Nederland can you still go by the school and purchase tickets? If so where at the school should I go to purchase them?
[/quote]
Highschool front office you can purchase there.

[quote name="bigdog" post="1343334" timestamp="1354029952"]
[quote author=coach pops link=topic=106670.msg1343042#msg1343042 date=1353978079]
This matchup reminds me of '01 in a way. Ned went into the quarterfinals against Friendswood. Ned 9-3 vs Friendswood 12-0, who had dominated the greater Houston area. Fw had lots of offense that year, Ned had enough offense and a good defense (but imo not as good as this year). The football gurus had us as a huge underdog in that game with little chance to win. That good defense slowed Fw way down and the same type offense we have now scored 25 pts. for a 25-14 (I think) win. Really good defense vs high octane offense will win most of the time. I really like our odds.
[/quote]

And Friendswood was ranked #2 in state that year.  The crowd was definitely the 12th man that game.  The final was 25-7.  Here is an article on it.

http://www.chron.com/CDA/archives/archive.mpl/2001_3353267/inspired-nederland-stuns-previously-unbeaten-frien.html
[/quote]

Thanks for posting the article bigdog, I didn't move back to Nederland until 2002 season and was unaware of the prior success of the team....very special moment in Bulldog History.  It will be nice for our fans to show up in FULL FORCE this Friday night, homemade signs and all to support our DOGS!!!

"Who let the DOGS out!!!" ....GO BULLDOGS!!!!

[quote name="bigdog" post="1343334" timestamp="1354029952"]
[quote author=coach pops link=topic=106670.msg1343042#msg1343042 date=1353978079]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I was on the 99 00 and 01 varsity football team and I remember that game more than ever when we arrived the parents and community met us at the bus when we got to rice and wished us luck while they were tailgating and we knew it was going to be a big crowd but before we broke the tunnel a rice security guard told us there is more people at this game then a rice home game and when we came out of that tunnel and looked up into the stands me and a few guys said wow the stands were pretty full and we knew we had the 12th man that day and then when the time hit 0:00 nederland fans singing na-na-na-na hey hey hey goodbye and coach neumann got teary eyed (which he migh not admit it) lol it was a amzing day for football and Buldog history and I will always cherish that day because in 99 and 00 we couldnt get over the hump and we finally did that day. The Smithson Valley game was also a huge loud crowd for us too but just the Friendswood game sticks out more.

[quote name="Razor" post="1343338" timestamp="1354030378"]
that's good stuff, bigdog...I remember that well and am hoping for a little bit of history repeating itself this Friday night
[/quote]

I was there also, and I was horse after the game!! :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder