WO-S 85 Shutouts/85 Losses All-Time

Oates

In honor of our 85th All-Time Shutout (which happens to equal our total number of All-Time Losses)  here are a few fun facts:

We've shutout 32 different schools (49 of the shutouts being against just nine programs)

[b]8 Shutouts[/b]
Little Cypress-Mauriceville

[b]6 Shutouts[/b]
Bridge City
Port Arthur Lincoln
Vidor

[b]5 Shutouts[/b]
Hamshire-Fannett
Hardin-Jefferson
Port Neches-Groves

[b]4 Shutouts[/b]
Jasper
Newton

[b]3 Shutouts[/b]
Beaumont-Charlton-Pollard
Houston Worthing
Orangefield

[b]2 Shutouts[/b]
Beaumont Central
Beaumont Forest Park
Beaumont French
Houston Westbury
Lamar Consolidated
Nederland
Silsbee

[b]1 Shutout[/b]
Bay City
Beaumont South Park
Brownsboro
Dickinson
Houston Sterling
Houston Stratford
Katy Mayde Creek
Liberty
Lumberton
Magnolia
Port Arthur Jefferson
Wharton
Willis

Largest margin of victory: 84-0 over Port Arthur Lincoln in 1993
Smallest margin of victory: 3-0 over Jasper in 1987 and PN-G in 2002

Most Shutouts in one season: 6 in 2000, 6 in 1988, followed by 5 in 2012 through Week 7, 5 in 1997, 5 in 1987 and 5 in 1981

We've lost to almost the same number of teams as we've shutout: 34 with more than half (46 of the total losses) coming at the hands of just 8 programs

[b]7 Losses[/b]
Nederland
Port Arthur Jefferson
Vidor

[b]6 Losses[/b]
Jasper
Port Neches-Groves

[b]5 Losses[/b]
Beaumont West Brook

[b]4 Losses[/b]
Bay City
Beaumont French

[b]3 Losses[/b]
Beaumont Central
Houston C.E. King
LaMarque
Silsbee

[b]2 Losses[/b]
Beaumont Ozen
Coldspring
Friendswood
Giddings
Little Cypress-Mauriceville

[b]1 Loss[/b]
Aldine MacArthur
Baytown Lee
Beaumont Forest Park
Brookshire Royal
Ennis
Gilmer
Houston Westbury
Houston Yates
Huffman Hargrave
Kirbyville
Paris
Port Arthur Lincoln
Strake Jesuit
Texarkana
Waco LaVega
Waller
Wimberley

We've been shutout only 10 times ever with no school ever doing it more than once (TJ and Strake Jesuit in 1977, Vidor and Beaumont French in 1978, LC-M in 1983, Aldine MacArthur in 1986, C.E. King in 1990, Jasper in 1996, Nederland in 2001 and Bay City in 2004)

Largest margin of loss: 1996 in the 0-41 loss to Jasper

37 of the total losses were by a margin of 7 points or less
60 of the total losses were by a margin of 14 points or less
Only 17 losses (out of 411 total games played) were by a margin of greater than 21 points

That's some outstanding research and an amazing statistic. It's kind of sacriligious for a Jasper fan to heap praise on you guys, but it's hard not to have a lot of respect for the success that WO-S has had.

We've had it in stretches and have dominated a lot of series with a lot of schools, but there are two that stand out as teams that have been really good against us: you guys and Hebert.

The Mustangs are a huge part of what makes SETX football what it is and I'm hoping Jasper can continue to build and make our rivalry even more intense. See you guys in the playoffs...

[quote name="Ex-Panther" post="1305901" timestamp="1350777197"]
Yeah they Shutout many of those teams, but West Orange- Stark still haven't made it to the 3A State Title Game. I'm just saying no hard feelings, but you brag about beating up on these teams around the area, but will lose in the Regional Quarter or Semi Finals as usually.
[/quote]

Dude we have won titles in 4A, we have two first rounders to our school's name, countless D-1 athletes with 5-7 more being added after this season. Stop hating and appreciate greatness, if your team was half of what WOS was your city would be happy.

And this year WOS has a great shot at winning a 3A title, your username is ex panther, so I take it your and ozen fan? We all know you guys suck and honestly cant hold WOS jockstrap

[quote name="Bulldog92" post="1305853" timestamp="1350770644"]
That's some outstanding research and an amazing statistic. It's kind of sacriligious for a Jasper fan to heap praise on you guys, but it's hard not to have a lot of respect for the success that WO-S has had.

We've had it in stretches and have dominated a lot of series with a lot of schools, but there are two that stand out as teams that have been really good against us: you guys and Hebert.

The Mustangs are a huge part of what makes SETX football what it is and I'm hoping Jasper can continue to build and make our rivalry even more intense. See you guys in the playoffs...
[/quote]

Jasper is ALWAYS tough, believe me, I think ALL Stang fans respect your program.

[quote name="Bulldog92" post="1305853" timestamp="1350770644"]

[/quote]

I can tell you as a longtime Mustang fan, we view Jasper as our #1 rival.  It's been that way since we started playing in '86. 

[quote author=Ex-Panther link=topic=104971.msg1305901#msg1305901 date=1350777197]
Yeah they Shutout many of those teams, but West Orange- Stark still haven't made it to the 3A State Title Game. I'm just saying no hard feelings, but you brag about beating up on these teams around the area, but will lose in the Regional Quarter or Semi Finals as usually.
[/

We may not have won a 3a title yet but whenever the opportunity presents itself we donkey stomp liberty in to the ground! When was the last time your pathetic little team has won anything?

[quote name="griff" post="1306244" timestamp="1350825872"]
[quote author=Bulldog92 link=topic=104971.msg1305853#msg1305853 date=1350770644]

[/quote]

I can tell you as a longtime Mustang fan, we view Jasper as our #1 rival.  It's been that way since we started playing in '86.
[/quote]

I'm sure some Jasper fans older than I am would put Silsbee as the #1 for us because we've been playing them since God created the 5th day, but I was in middle school in '86 and I agree with you 100%. Things were at a fever pitch from the first night we went down there and from Walkoviak and Hooks all the way down to the youngest fans. This is the strongest rivalry of all my life as a sports fan and there really isn't a close #2.

[quote name="Ex-Panther" post="1305901" timestamp="1350777197"]
[/quote]

LOL, you have proven the point of how dominate WOS has always been. I guess "beating up on these teams around the area" and then losing in the 4th or 5th round "as usual" isnt a bad failure to have. lol. Really? If your going to smack talk, atleast make it sound like we ARENT successful.

[quote name="SFA85" post="1307287" timestamp="1350934925"]
WO-S and Newton:  The 2 most consistant programs in SE Texas........
[/quote]

I don't think anyone would disagree with that. There's not even a close third that I can think of over the past 30 years or so that WOS has been around.

Frankly, the biggest underachiever over that same time period is Jasper. There might not be a close second and it kills me to say that...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin