**#5 SILSBEE vs. ATHENS Broadcast**/SILSBEE ADVANCES 96-84 IN 2OT!

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1191386" timestamp="1330788597"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=96969.msg1191382#msg1191382 date=1330788484]
[quote author=Tebowing link=topic=96969.msg1191289#msg1191289 date=1330759486]
La Vega by 10
[/quote]

I hope not! Silsbee by 6
[/quote]
Tebowing is just bitter, which I expected him to be. ::)
[/quote]

No need for bitterness! Go Tigers! That game last night was the best since 2008 vs Crockett!

[quote name="Gladtobehere" post="1191635" timestamp="1330813402"]
[quote author=Tebowing link=topic=96969.msg1191629#msg1191629 date=1330812621]
Blow-out. Silsbee too small
[/quote]

I don't know about Silsbee being to small....... but I can sure tell by your posts Tebowing that you definitely tell you have some sort of inferiority......
[/quote]
Tebowing us just mad because he has a certain small personal item!

Congrats Santa-  I noticed where your brilliant commentary on the other thread caused it to be locked up.  I guess there are special circumstances where a thread (depending on who is being criticized/belittled) just gets locked up, leaving it for everyone to read, rather than being deleted.  Not sure how long this one will last but probably not very long.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="ozensfinest" post="1191443" timestamp="1330794426"]
It amazes me that silsbee lost a great coach in Travis and still continue to be a contender for the state title year in and year out...
[/quote]
I understand your sentiment, but this is the first "year out" for a Williams-less Silsbee in several years.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1192323" timestamp="1330949730"]
Well you won't diss Silsbee and not have me get involved. It happens!
[/quote]

I understand what you are saying and would love to counter your remarks but am very confident that, while yours go unscathed, mine would be deleted.  I think we both know that.

I just read the other thread that got locked....SMH....REALLY, BADSANTA? Being able to " fill up" a football stadium is no major accomplishment...Most that attend football games are not football fans anyway. You have band parents, cheerleader parents, drill team parents, etc...Football is big in Texas, however its popularity depends on where you are...in 21-3A the HJ/Silsbee basketball rivalry is second to none.  To say that the only sport that "matters" is football, is not accurate...

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1192351" timestamp="1330955154"]
I just read the other thread that got locked....SMH....REALLY, BADSANTA? Being able to " fill up" a football stadium is no major accomplishment...Most that attend football games are not football fans anyway. You have band parents, cheerleader parents, drill team parents, etc...Football is big in Texas, however its popularity depends on where you are...in 21-3A the HJ/Silsbee basketball rivalry is second to none.  To say that the only sport that "matters" is football, is not accurate...
[/quote]

My favorite comment by Santa was where he waxed eloquently about which sports are important.  He remarked how insignificant golf and tennis were but that power lifting really mattered.  Interestingly enough, he professes to be a scratch golfer.  Just dont understand why he didnt give us his powerlifting ranking.

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="1192388" timestamp="1330957521"]
In regards to the coach from LaVega doing the "stanky-leg dance", I wasn't there so I didn't see it.  What was it compared to Coach Travis Williams doing his dance after a couple of HJ-Silsbee games?
[/quote]
I forgot about that....good point....response? 8)

Different coaches have different personalities.  I prefer for a coach to get excited hug his players, coaches and family.  The dancing stuff bothers me.  Does it mean it is wrong........no.  Just not what I would want to participate in or my children to participate in. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder