Jasper Hires Carthage DC...Garrett Morgan as Head Coach/AD

me2

[quote name="bigeddy" post="945519" timestamp="1294687572"]
I don't understand why only 2 names keep getting brought up. I don't know Barbay personally, but why would he be such a good fit at Jasper. He has had great talent at Anahuca and has only made the 2nd Round. Not trying to bash, but just curious.....
[/quote]

Ummm...maybe he DEVELOPED that talent at Anahuac.  I don't think the program was in good shape when he was hired. 

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was curious what school you support?  I notice your a pirate fan. I have noiticed you have only have about 5 post and they all mostly just discrediting Alavarez for the Jasper job.   Why would a pirate fan care so much?
[/quote]

No no, I'm just a pirate guy....not a vidor pirate fan. You see I just really like pirates, like Mike Leach does. But I guess since you wonder where I'm from, and why I question your coach, I can tell you. I graduated from Jasper in 2005, and I currently live and work in Houston. I haven't followed my school AS closely as I should have been, but the search for a new coach has gotten me very interested again. So that's why this pirate guy is so interested.

[quote name="pirateguy" post="945545" timestamp="1294689204"]
That "It's Jack's if he wants it"........why would Jasper want Alvarez?
[/quote]maybe because he has whipped them for the last 7 years...... they know him.... did not give him the job the first time and figure they made a mistake.... has taken Kville 3 rounds deep in playoffs in 2004, 2005, 2007, 2010.... 2 rounds deep in 2006.......
2 state finals in 2A  2008, 2009...  Is a class act guy.... has discipline for his kids and invokes character in his coaches....
Just like Jackhammer said..... why would they not want him!!!

[quote name="hitman009" post="945994" timestamp="1294757991"]
[quote author=pirateguy link=topic=77679.msg945545#msg945545 date=1294689204]
[/quote]maybe because he has whipped them for the last 7 years...... they know him.... did not give him the job the first time and figure they made a mistake.... has taken Kville 3 rounds deep in playoffs the last 3 years they have been in 3A, 2 state finals in 2A...  Is a class act guy.... has discipline for his kids and invokes character in his coaches....

[/quote]

As I have mentioned before, there is no doubt he's a great football coach. But the job is also AD. And it seems that none of the other sports there have had great success while he's been at Kirbyville. It's just my opinion that he's a one sport guy, which is no problem in some places, but in Jasper it's a different situation because we expect a lot out of football AND baseball every year.

[quote name="pirateguy" post="945997" timestamp="1294758989"]
[quote author=hitman009 link=topic=77679.msg945994#msg945994 date=1294757991]
[/quote]maybe because he has whipped them for the last 7 years...... they know him.... did not give him the job the first time and figure they made a mistake.... has taken Kville 3 rounds deep in playoffs the last 3 years they have been in 3A, 2 state finals in 2A...  Is a class act guy.... has discipline for his kids and invokes character in his coaches....

[/quote]

As I have mentioned before, there is no doubt he's a great football coach. But the job is also AD. And it seems that none of the other sports there have had great success while he's been at Kirbyville. It's just my opinion that he's a one sport guy, which is no problem in some places, but in Jasper it's a different situation because we expect a lot out of football AND baseball every year.
[/quote]

If you state AD job then why not track golf cross country basketball tennis or any other sport. in your statement why do you just say football and baseball

[quote name="Mike_Honcho" post="946001" timestamp="1294759848"]

If you state AD job then why not track golf cross country basketball tennis or any other sport. in your statement why do you just say football and baseball
[/quote]

Because, I think it's safe to say that these are Jasper's top two sports. But you are correct, the AD should give all the sports equal oppurtunity to be successful.

[quote name="pirateguy" post="945997" timestamp="1294758989"]
[quote author=hitman009 link=topic=77679.msg945994#msg945994 date=1294757991]
[/quote]maybe because he has whipped them for the last 7 years...... they know him.... did not give him the job the first time and figure they made a mistake.... has taken Kville 3 rounds deep in playoffs the last 3 years they have been in 3A, 2 state finals in 2A...  Is a class act guy.... has discipline for his kids and invokes character in his coaches....

[/quote]

[/quote]Ok now I see the picture with you… you are a former baseball player for jasper and think coach Alverez in not right for the job because he, in your mind, only thinks about football…
Well let me ease your mind…. Alverez cares about all sports… he has tried to set winning programs in other sports as well…
• The volleyball team is in playoffs almost every year ….
• Hired a state champs coach from Kountze for the girls basketball team and have had success ….
• Boys basketball struggles but most of the kids at Kville play football and do not touch basketball till almost district because football goes so far every year
• Tennis has won district like 12 years strait or something like that and has been to state and won it I believe many times.
• Softball has been to playoffs almost every year and has a state championship
• Baseball he has hired a state champ Coach from west sabine, they have had success, been to playoffs a couple of times
• Track has had many kids is regional and some state appearances…
Most of the sports struggling have to do with little league programs that are not worth a filp…. When you have to teach a kid how to throw and catch in high school… it’s a little to late……
In my mind he is trying….  But Kville only has like 420 kids in the school… most of the athletes play multiple sports… Its not like Jasper which lots of kids only play one sport….
IMO Jack is the right man for the job…. And don’t worry… I do not think Alverez would mess with Jasper baseball or Mixon…. I think he would be more relieved that he does not have to worry about baseball….

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder