me2

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="934858" timestamp="1292612038"]
I guess the big question is WHY?
[/quote]

Jasper not making the playoffs by losing to Diboll probably had something to do with it.  Such is the life of a high school football coach in Texas....last year he was the genius, this year, the goat.

http://www.smoaky.com/

Bickham officially resigns at Jasper
After weeks of speculation, Mike Bickham has resigned as the head football coach at Jasper High School. Bickham informed his players of his decision earlier this afternoon.

Bickham told Smoaky.com, "I have absolutely loved my two years here in Jasper but it's time for me to get back to my family in Carthage. My wife Gretchen has been incredibly loyal and supportive while I continued my career and although I will coach again, I need to get back to where she is in Carthage. I want to be where they expect to win, and they do here in Jasper and we didn't get the job done in 2010, but they will be back."

Jasper suffered through a 2-8 season in 2010 and was 10-11 in Bickham's two years as head coach.

Bickham is 63-35 overall in stops at Tenaha, Brookshire-Royal, Carthage and Jasper.

Man I hate the fact that Jasper can't get a coach that want to stay long term when I was there it was all about coach walkovic Sorry for spelling your name wrong coach but if he would of  be able to stay in Jasper I think we would have a few state title's under our belt. I hope It want take long for them to get someone in. Time to learn a new offence.

Yes, I am in Woodville.  As for getting someone to stay in Jasper - I think that will happen.  Just need to make sure you are looking for someone that is not trying to just use Jasper as a move up tool.  The offense Jasper ran was as good as any - it is called execution and playing sound fundamental football.  Should be an interesting discussion for all those into throwing out names.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    lufunom123
    Newest Member
    lufunom123