Jasper Hires Carthage DC...Garrett Morgan as Head Coach/AD

me2

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yo main... So which is it snapper heads for the Jasper job?  Some is sayin' the Carthage OC on this thread (which is the head coach) who averaged about 47 points a game... which is why theys da State Champs and some dudes on this thread are sayin it's da Carthage DC whose defense gave up 26 points a game? 

Whooaaaaaaaaa!

Hickory Dickory Dock...

[quote name="The Diceman" post="942717" timestamp="1294241145"]
Yo main... So which is it snapper heads for the Jasper job?  Some is sayin' the Carthage OC on this thread (which is the head coach) who averaged about 47 points a game... which is why theys da State Champs and some dudes on this thread are sayin it's da Carthage DC whose defense gave up 26 points a game?   

Whooaaaaaaaaa!

Hickory Dickory Dock...

[/quote] True, Coach Surratt calls the plays at Carthage.

[quote name="lloydchristmas" post="942234" timestamp="1294188980"]
The guy is 29 years old.  I'm not sure if it matters to all, but it would matter to me.  What do yall think?  Not saying he isn't the best guy for the job, but i would find it hard to believe even if he has 3 state championships that he had all the knowledge it take to be succesful.
[/quote]

Faircloth was anly 31 when he came to PNG a couple of years ago...and I for one couldn't be happier with him. The key is what contacts they have to assemble a staff. Faircloth had been at Austin Westlake, Highland Park and Odessa Permian before getting the PNG job and was a graduate of Brownwood (HS Coaching Factory). So he had made a lot of friends in the business from winning programs that he was able to create his staff from.

So the only drawback to being young is the lack of time to develop those leads. I would say if the guy has only been at Carthage it might be riskier.

[quote name="ctowndawgfan" post="942748" timestamp="1294245148"]
Morgan was at Copperas Cove and Texas High before Carthage. I'd say he has been at some pretty good places, I was also told he comes from a family of coaches with two brothers,  one in the NFL and the other at Lufkin or Longview not sure which.
[/quote]
If that's the case then you are correct. CC and Tx High have had some pretty darn good QB's in the past 6 years (RG III and Mallet)

I doubt you will see an "official" list before the apply deadline.  That would not be fair to late applicants.  It probably would not even be legal.  And I hope the administration keeps an open mind until the deadline passes.  A super (even more super than any that have already applied) applicant might apply at the last minute. 

[quote name="badndn" post="942741" timestamp="1294243784"]
[quote author=lloydchristmas link=topic=77679.msg942234#msg942234 date=1294188980]
The guy is 29 years old.  I'm not sure if it matters to all, but it would matter to me.  What do yall think?  Not saying he isn't the best guy for the job, but i would find it hard to believe even if he has 3 state championships that he had all the knowledge it take to be succesful.
[/quote]

Faircloth was only 31 when he came to PNG a couple of years ago...and I for one couldn't be happier with him. The key is what contacts they have to assemble a staff. Faircloth had been at Austin Westlake, Highland Park and Odessa Permian before getting the PNG job [b]and was a graduate of Brownwood (HS Coaching Factory).[/b] So he had made a lot of friends in the business from winning programs that he was able to create his staff from.

So the only drawback to being young is the lack of time to develop those leads. I would say if the guy has only been at Carthage it might be riskier.
[/quote]let the truth be told!  ;)

[quote name="Go-rilla" post="943141" timestamp="1294286237"]
did alvarez back out?? why is anybody talking about others than him??? He's done an awesome job at Kirbyville!!!
[/quote]

Maybe he was never approached or maybe he never applied... ;) ...disappointed if either is the case.

[quote name="comeonman" post="943293" timestamp="1294329113"]
Interviews started today.  I am sure as people are seen around the campus the names will start rolling.

Does anybody have any info. to get the rumors flying -lol

[/quote]
Seems odd they would interview before the closing date.

I just do not see those being the top 2 - from the list of names bouncing around - not necessarily listed here mind you.  I am just not sure about that, but stranger things have happened.

Chub lots of places start interviewing prior to the closing date.  Look at the Texans - they started interviewing Phillips the moment he was fired in Dallas.

[quote name="bobbymcgee" post="943731" timestamp="1294379270"]
Jasper wants someone who will run the spread. Alvarez runs the Wing-T. That is why people say Barbay would be a better fit for the job. Maybe Alvarez could hire an OC to run the spread there.
[/quote]

Wing T would match well with Jaspers size and athletes. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder