Jasper Hires Carthage DC...Garrett Morgan as Head Coach/AD

me2

[quote name="vhs" post="944629" timestamp="1294510390"]
[quote author=BigWildcat11 link=topic=77679.msg944391#msg944391 date=1294459295]
My son said that coach Alvarez never left the school during the day and he also said that coach Alvarez has shown no signs of leaving
[/quote]

Just curious, was this a school day... If so, did your son hang out in the field house all day? or did he go to class
[/quote] :D

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="playdefense" post="944594" timestamp="1294502880"]
A phone interview - really.  There is no way Jasper conducted a phone interview for a potential ad/head fb.  That just is not happening.  They probably interviewed Harbuagh via phone also.  He drove to Jasper like the others and interviewed just like the others.

[/quote] You are correct!!

[quote name="vhs" post="944629" timestamp="1294510390"]
[quote author=BigWildcat11 link=topic=77679.msg944391#msg944391 date=1294459295]
My son said that coach Alvarez never left the school during the day and he also said that coach Alvarez has shown no signs of leaving
[/quote]

Just curious, was this a school day... If so, did your son hang out in the field house all day? or did he go to class
[/quote]vhs ... Don't know you ... seem like a jack hole though .... my kid was just stating what he saw .... by the way, goes to every class, is an honor student in honor classes .... and a pretty damn good athlete whom Jasper will be seeing ... If jasper gets Alvarez, so be it ... don't talk down about a kid

alvarez and barbay was at the JISD admin. building in person this week each for 2+ hours give or take a little I didnt time the interviews...I wouldnt know who the other guys are when I saw them. 1 young guy I thought he might be the one from carthage. but that was a guess. Jasper has always kept a low profile on the coaches that applied I guess that is good for the coaches if they dont get hired. the first thing we will here will be the person who gets recomended to the board (and hired).

[quote name="BigWildcat11" post="944924" timestamp="1294540978"]
[quote author=vhs link=topic=77679.msg944629#msg944629 date=1294510390]
[/quote]

[/quote]vhs ... Don't know you ... seem like a jack hole though .... my kid was just stating what he saw .... by the way, goes to every class, is an honor student in honor classes .... and a pretty dang good athlete whom Jasper will be seeing ... If jasper gets Alvarez, so be it ... don't talk down about a kid
[/quote]

I don't think VHS was questioning if you son was an honor student, 5 star athelte or preacher in waiting....he never talked down about him.  He simply implied "how could he know what Alvarez did from the time school started until school ended".

If Alvarez goes to Jasper or any other school or if he stays at Kirbyville for that matter I wish Him well...But if he's not happy where he is then he has to do what's best for him...He has done a fantastic job at Kirbyville,I know him personally,he is a good man on & off the football field...Which ever way he goes I wish him nothing but the best and thanks for a job very well done... ;)

[/quote]vhs ... Don't know you ... seem like a jack hole though .... my kid was just stating what he saw .... by the way, goes to every class, is an honor student in honor classes .... and a pretty dang good athlete whom Jasper will be seeing ... If jasper gets Alvarez, so be it ... don't talk down about a kid
[/quote]

Okay, step back from the ledge big fella...Nobody said anything negative about your son...Actually if you re-read my statement there was a little sarcasm there...  I actually assumed that your son is a responsible student and was in class, therefore I would infer that there was no way he would know where Coach Alvarez was at all times during a school day...Take a breath its going to be okay....Good luck to your son in his academic and athletic pursuits, it sounds like you have a lot to be proud of

so, you saw who was there Thursday - They interviewed on Friday too.  Do not see it being Alvarez.  Somebody that has not been mentioned and it will be an excellent hire.  Discipline will be put into place immediately.  Will be a first class program in every way.  No cussing by players or coaches.  Integrity, high morals - basically everything you would want in an AD/Hd FB coach.  Hope they make the right choice.

I think the same thing, will be someone not mentioned on the board.  hope they will want to stay a while and build a program.  We have alot of good athletes in middle school that will be really good in baseball and can be great football as well.  we could be another carthage that won both state champs in baseball and football...

[quote name="playdefense" post="945396" timestamp="1294675923"]
Fitzhenry would not be a good fit - of course he is ad where football and baseball both have been successful.  That is kind of an important thing in Jasper.  Still not sure he would be a good fit there.

[/quote] Dont think Fitzhenry was interviewed.

[quote name="playdefense" post="945396" timestamp="1294675923"]
Fitzhenry would not be a good fit - of course he is ad where football and baseball both have been successful.  That is kind of an important thing in Jasper.  Still not sure he would be a good fit there.

[/quote]

His program has been one of the winningest in 3A football. Not sure where you base your opinion. One thing is that if he did get the job, that DC would be loooong gooooone. Many coaches could learn a lot from the Giddings program..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder