Jasper Hires Carthage DC...Garrett Morgan as Head Coach/AD

me2

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

j-dog theres no more walkoviak's,barbey's,or hooks left in high school football.money talks to the younger and older coaches these days.and i cant blame them if someone offered you $30,000 more to leave your job you would have a hard time not leaving.and for you playdefense larry upshaw did put in at hemphill but theres a few board members that dont like him.so thats a maybe for him.i hope all of them the best.me my self i would love for larry upshaw to get it good man and is a well disciplined coach the kids in jasper has been lacking for a while.and he may stay around also he likes to fish and his son loves to fish.

Here's what we do know...
It was a gift that Bickham got this job in the first place. Have you looked back to see who applied when he did?  I guess another instance in "it's who you know.."  More times than not, these coaches aren't the right fit, but "fit" the agenda of school board people and supts...

I haven't seen this job posted on thsca, have you? As of five minutes ago it wasn't on there. They know who they want...I would still like JISD to take a chance on some younger applicants..

If it is Alvarez, like what I have been told, why would he leave Kville? Does he know something about what's coming up that we don't?

Whoever gets the job needs to tell the DC to move on. He hasn't been good for any program he has been with...

[quote name="chubrub" post="936964" timestamp="1292944446"]
Here's what we do know...
It was a gift that Bickham got this job in the first place. Have you looked back to see who applied when he did?  I guess another instance in "it's who you know.."  More times than not, these coaches aren't the right fit, but "fit" the agenda of school board people and supts...

I haven't seen this job posted on thsca, have you? As of five minutes ago it wasn't on there. They know who they want...I would still like JISD to take a chance on some younger applicants..

If it is Alvarez, like what I have been told, why would he leave Kville? Does he know something about what's coming up that we don't?

Whoever gets the job needs to tell the DC to move on. He hasn't been good for any program he has been with...
[/quote]I must say the DC must move on that's for sure!!!!

[quote name="bigdog90" post="936920" timestamp="1292937512"]
j-dog theres no more walkoviak's,barbey's,or hooks left in high school football.money talks to the younger and older coaches these days.and i cant blame them if someone offered you $30,000 more to leave your job you would have a hard time not leaving.and for you playdefense larry upshaw did put in at hemphill but theres a few board members that dont like him.so thats a maybe for him.i hope all of them the best.me my self i would love for larry upshaw to get it good man and is a well disciplined coach the kids in jasper has been lacking for a while.and he may stay around also he likes to fish and his son loves to fish.
[/quote]
they have always been rare.  most coaches at Jasper before Walkoviak used Jasper as merely a stepping stone.

i agree 100% j dog but what im hearing i want some one that wants to stay and i believe jack is another stepping stone think he wants to move up to the next level.chubrub kirbyville dont have nothing coming up our freshman team beat there jv pretty bad and i dont no what else they have but what i hear not much.thats why jack wants to leave.

i only want someone to stay if they are good!  ;D  the trouble is sometimes, it is the poor coaches that try to stay.

but yes, I would love to see a good coach come, build up the program, and stay.  occasionally it happens, as with Walkoviak and Barbay.  But even some of the top level programs have coaching changes and the program continues to excel.  the problem is that Jasper does not have the greatest hiring record.  >:(  rarely is it going to be a talent problem.

[quote name="bigdog90" post="937256" timestamp="1292985220"]
i agree 100% j dog but what im hearing i want some one that wants to stay and i believe jack is another stepping stone think he wants to move up to the next level.chubrub kirbyville dont have nothing coming up our freshman team beat there jv pretty bad and i dont no what else they have but what i hear not much.thats why jack wants to leave.
[/quote]Before ya get all excited about your freshman team beating a jv ... most of the better sophomore and junior players were already on varsity ... the team you beat had 17 players (with at least three of them playing in thier first game since 8th grade due to injuries, paying other sports ... Kirbyville has a heck of a freshman team ... with two good running backs .... heck of an 8th grade team ... with a good running and throwing QB ... Don't count your eggs before ya have them ...
As for Alvarez leaving ... this rumor happens every year ... Great man, great coach ... has done wonders for our program .. returned it from the abyss ... he has laid a solid frame for Kirbyville ...

[quote name="bigdog90" post="937256" timestamp="1292985220"]
i agree 100% j dog but what im hearing i want some one that wants to stay and i believe jack is another stepping stone think he wants to move up to the next level.chubrub [b]kirbyville dont have nothing coming up our freshman team beat there jv pretty bad and i dont no what else they have but what i hear not much.thats why jack wants to leave.
[/quote][/b]

I hope that is not the reason Alvarez wants to leave Kirbyville..If it's true I can't see how Jasper can be excited about getting a coach that leaves a school when the talent level gets low, Good coaches take what they have and make a competitive team out of them,Any half decent Coach can win with a bunch of natural athletes..If He does that to Kirbyville,don't you just imagine He would do the same thing to Jasper..  ;)

kville-kats what was your jv record? 8th grade and 7th grade records? and its not talent why hes going its money money money he want be here long.if he gets it hope he dont like in one of my post i said hes looking at the next level.thats why i said i didnt want jack i want someone who wants to stay. and build a good program thats why i would like to see larry upshaw,or one of the barbay brothers get it.and bigwildcat11 im not excited im very excited about the next 3 to 4 years cause we have some very talented kids coming up.and i hope you have some good kids coming up to play cause what i seen on the jv and 8th grade games this year that i watched its just not there and we had 5 freshman on our varsity.the freshman beat the kirbyville jv bad 56 to 24 and you gonna tell me you have talent COME ON MAN.

[quote name="bigdog90" post="937386" timestamp="1293022514"]
kville-kats what was your jv record? 8th grade and 7th grade records? and its not talent why hes going its money money money he want be here long.if he gets it hope he dont like in one of my post i said hes looking at the next level.thats why i said i didnt want jack i want someone who wants to stay. and build a good program thats why i would like to see larry upshaw,or one of the barbay brothers get it.and bigwildcat11 im not excited im very excited about the next 3 to 4 years cause we have some very talented kids coming up.and i hope you have some good kids coming up to play cause what i seen on the jv and 8th grade games this year that i watched its just not there and we had 5 freshman on our varsity.the freshman beat the kirbyville jv bad 56 to 24 and you gonna tell me you have talent COME ON MAN.
[/quote]

I never said we were loaded...Good Luck... ;)

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="937403" timestamp="1293027612"]
[quote author=kcat-fan link=topic=77679.msg937401#msg937401 date=1293027272]
W. Tyler, Smith, Jacko, Vanya...... ;D
[/quote]

Yeah we should be OK...I apologize for taking the thread off topic...It's about hiring a coach not next years prospects...Good Luck Jasper I hope ya'll get the right man,whoever he may be.... ;)
[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing...,.off of topic :D
jasper ...lookin forward to some good games between kats and dogs :)

[quote name="bigdog90" post="937386" timestamp="1293022514"]
[/quote]Didn't want to get into a pissing contest with ya ... If we go on talent alone, Kirbyville should never beat Jasper....I would lose the pissing contest ... Jasper has, and always will, have better athletes ...I have friends whose children have played for Jasper ... story is always the same .... The difference is desire, discipline, and coaching ... How do you explain us beating a team with Sean Weatherspoon on it (he was only a junior, but still...believe that was the year you played Gilmer in the best game EVER)...Last year when we won .... you could see better athletes on the Jasper team ... It was apparent ... The difference was that Kirbyville was disciplined and efficient ... did thier roles ... played hard every play ... that's what ya need ... and if Alvarez comes to ya ... you are right ... for the money ... we can't compete with that, couldn't even try ... By the way, don't look too hard at JV and 8th grade scores for an indication of varsity scores ... If I remember correctly, the Jasper team beat the Kirbyville boys, that were seniors, when the were in Junior High and on JV, I think ... we usually lose on these levels ... learning how to play .... didn't help much Jasper much this year ... just saying ....  Just like with boys playing ... gotta do the best with what ya got ...  :) ;)

Guest shake and bake
IF an OLD SCHOOL type coach is what you want are you sure the COMMUNITY will back this type of coach. Not just part of the community but ALL of it. Disipline starts at home. If a hard nose guy gets the job and starts changing things that some don't like is he going to gone in a couple of years even if they win . The coaches at Jasper were cussed up one side and down the other this year by the parents of these same kids you are wanting disiplined. Everybody says how great the talent is at Jasper and there are some good ones there but if they are so good how come they lost so many games this year. Maybe they weren't as good as you think they were. Just looking from the outside in and could care less. I hope that Jasper gets back to the teams of the past but some need to look in the mirror before throwing stones. JMO

for the most part kids want discipline - you will always have a couple that try to buck the system, but overall they want discipline.  the kids at jasper are no different - once they see that the discipline makes a difference and understand that you have to play hard every snap, work hard in the off-season, care for each other and be dedicated to the program they will buy in no matter what.  i hope that jasper gets the right person for the job because it could go to new levels if they get that person.

any other names worth mentioning dawg 4 life and aggies are we?  you two seem to be in the know.  what about you chub rub - you have some inside info and insight.

this thing will really fire up after Christmas.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Raza012
    Newest Member
    Raza012