Jasper Hires Carthage DC...Garrett Morgan as Head Coach/AD

me2

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dawg4life
;D no jisd's possible list of replacements didnt/hasnt been come up with in just the past 24-48 hours because it has been a done deal for at least 3weeks now (as i tried telling yall bout my birdie friend telling me a bout it then).  out courtesy or whatever reason it may be told that he resigned but he was actually let go.  so jisd has been working on coming up with potential hires for lot longer than what most of the public may know.  i am  and have been  happy with the decision. and 2-8 though doesnt help of course but by no means is my main reason why i happy he leaving,  the lack of discipline within the program to me is much bigger concern!  i personally wish/hope that jisd hires someone with alot more of the "old school" mentality who on and off the field will lead the DOGS  back in the right direction

[quote name="texaggies07" post="936453" timestamp="1292815703"]
This is going to be a fine job for someone.  With the talent Jasper normally has.  They should get better.
[/quote]
From what I have heard the Dawgs have an outstanding group of Freshman and Sophs. Several played at the Varsity level this year.

[quote name="playdefense" post="936552" timestamp="1292858568"]
ok dwg4life - since you claim to be in the know and the decision has been made weks ago are you going to share it with us?  If the date is really Jan.7th then the top few might already be in the mix, but I think it is wide open.   ???
[/quote] Thats the cut off date to apply. The hiring will probably be late Jan. early Feb.

[quote name="Scooter!" post="936708" timestamp="1292886038"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=77679.msg936707#msg936707 date=1292885966]
I know who 4 of the canidates are who will get interviews. A couple of locals and two from a far. ;)

Personally pulling for one of the locals to get it.
[/quote]PM me
[/quote]

Sorry Scooter. If I told you, I would have to send a hitman up to Abiline to put a couple more holes in your head. ;) ;D

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="936711" timestamp="1292886339"]
[quote author=Scooter! link=topic=77679.msg936708#msg936708 date=1292886038]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=77679.msg936707#msg936707 date=1292885966]
I know who 4 of the canidates are who will get interviews. A couple of locals and two from a far. ;)

Personally pulling for one of the locals to get it.
[/quote]PM me
[/quote]

Sorry Scooter. If I told you, I would have to send a hitman up to Abiline to put a couple more holes in your head. ;) ;D
[/quote] :D :D :D :D :D :D

are the two from a far from West Texas? hope not

Know the 4 who will get interviews - wow.  Is that your Christmas wish?  Not sure anybody knows anything on this one.  This job is one of those that names get thrown around just for the heck of it.

We will all wait and see - Unless dawg4life and aggiesarewe can fill us all in and take the suspense away.

[quote name="bigdog90" post="936785" timestamp="1292894734"]
i can tell u who i think the 4 are jack alvarez,one of the barbay brothers ,larry upshaw,and the offensive cord. from carthage just what i have heard
[/quote]

That is what I am hearing too...

Playdefense-why are you all over this?

They legally have to go through certain procedures.  My guess is that they already have a pretty good idea who they want.  But if some super coach prospect comes in that they had no idea would be interested, I would think things could certainly turn in unexpected directions.

Several years ago, Jasper "took a chance" on a 28 year old and he turned out to be probably the best coach Jasper ever had, and if not the best certainly the longest tenured at Jasper.  His name, Gene Walkoviak.  I would be happy to see them take a chance on some youngster with a Walkoviak type resume.  I never heard him make excuses, he just went out and won football games.  Once, when someone was moaning about a controversial call in a close loss, Walkoviak said it was his job to score enough points that the game would not hinge on one call, or one play.  (I guess the Texans could learn something from that idea.  ;D)

[quote name="j_dog" post="936871" timestamp="1292905048"]
They legally have to go through certain procedures.  My guess is that they already have a pretty good idea who they want.  But if some super coach prospect comes in that they had no idea would be interested, I would think things could certainly turn in unexpected directions.

Several years ago, Jasper "took a chance" on a 28 year old and he turned out to be probably the best coach Jasper ever had, and if not the best certainly the longest tenured at Jasper.  His name, Gene Walkoviak.  I would be happy to see them take a chance on some youngster with a Walkoviak type resume.  I never heard him make excuses, he just went out and won football games.  Once, when someone was moaning about a controversial call in a close loss, Walkoviak said it was his job to score enough points that the game would not hinge on one call, or one play.  (I guess the Texans could learn something from that idea.   ;D)

Funny that you mention the Texans. Caoch told me once that he and Gary Kubiak are cousins...
[/quote]

[quote name="Bulldog92" post="936875" timestamp="1292905571"]
[quote author=j_dog link=topic=77679.msg936871#msg936871 date=1292905048]
Funny that you mention the Texans. Caoch told me once that he and Gary Kubiak are cousins...
[/quote]
[/quote]
I could believe that.  Both are from Houston.  Interesting.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Raza012
    Newest Member
    Raza012

• That was an awesome video!  I feel so proud of these young men.  They proved the doubters wrong.  Bellville should be proud, too.  I know it didn't end like they had hoped, but we've been there, so we can definitely empathize with them.  Great season, Brahmas!
    • Meh.. Everyone knows this. The kid that got injured wasn't lifting weights. Supposedly he was hit with a helmet in his elbow. In my opinion the kid shouldn't have been put in that situation. AD should've told the Varsity baseball players to sit that one out. I have no issues with the lifting or conditioning. However, anytime helmets/pads are on there is a higher risk of injury. This AD showed a total lack of respect for HIS baseball program. 
    • Maybe.. however..  Many athletic director / head football coach have lost their job despite the athletic program as a whole being successful.. if the football team struggles.  On the other hand, when football teams are doing great but the rest of the program stinks.. AD/HFC still keeps their job. WOS.  Newton. .. programs as a whole were fairly weak during those many years of football power and very few people even knew it.  Or cared. Yet, AD/HFC kept their jobs for years. Meanwhile, I remember an AD/HFC at Barbers Hill lost his job after every program in the school won district championships and even had several team sports (baseball, softball, girls hoops, etc.) making runs at state.  But the football team was mediocre.  Fired. I'm not saying you're wrong, just that perception is reality.  And the perception is that your athletic program can suck as long as football wins.. it doesn't matter how strong the athletic program is if football sucks. 
    • 5A Bi-District Baseball: Friendswood vs. Nederland -Game 1: Thursday (May 2): 6:30pm -Game 2: Friday (May 3): 6:30pm -Game 3 (If Needed): Saturday (May 4): 12pm *All games at Goose Creek Memorial HS*
    • Baseball mafia can cry all they want but when the talent isn’t there it ain’t there lol
  • Topics