Jasper Hires Carthage DC...Garrett Morgan as Head Coach/AD

me2

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="hitman009" post="949312" timestamp="1295203060"]
Wow... nothing against Morgan, i am sure he is a fine coach, but i still can not believe they did not take Jack.....Again!!! second time they turned him down....
they might live to regret this again...
If I was Alverez, I would run up the score as high as I could to prove a point....
Go Cats!!! put another beatdown on them just like the last 6 years under Alverez....
[/quote]

Either I am stupid or you are misstated because Kville was beat by Jasper in 2009, so they have not beat Jasper for like the last six years? Did I miss something?

[quote name="T-daddy" post="949445" timestamp="1295219970"]
boys basketball Jasper 107 kville 42  ouch!!!! just proves some from jasper's point Alvarez is a good football coach but not a good AD because all sports revolve around football...
[/quote]Yeah ... ya beat a team with 1 senior starter, 1 junior starter, 1 senior reserve, and 9 sophomores ... only 2 players on this basketball were on varsity last year .... no starter from last year is playing ... so beat your chest Jasper ... you beat up the little kids ... Go ahead talk your smack about basketball, baseball, heck even track (with your 700 + students). Still have beat you in the king of sports in Texas (more times than not in last 6 years) ... Yeah that score was 63-8 ... and could have been more ...

[quote name="BigWildcat11" post="949621" timestamp="1295239755"]
[quote author=T-daddy link=topic=77679.msg949445#msg949445 date=1295219970]
boys basketball Jasper 107 kville 42  ouch!!!! just proves some from jasper's point Alvarez is a good football coach but not a good AD because all sports revolve around football...
[/quote]Yeah ... ya beat a team with 1 senior starter, 1 junior starter, 1 senior reserve, and 9 sophomores ... only 2 players on this basketball were on varsity last year .... no starter from last year is playing ... so beat your chest Jasper ... you beat up the little kids ... Go ahead talk your smack about basketball, baseball, heck even track (with your 700 + students). Still have beat you in the king of sports in Texas (more times than not in last 6 years) ... Yeah that score was 63-8 ... and could have been more ...
[/quote]Your Funny at the end of the day who has a state title Kville can't get it done just like jasper did'nt get it done in the big game.And kville my have a hard time with Jasper when the new season starts.

[quote name="KFDM KERRY COOPER" post="949716" timestamp="1295279182"]
Yes they will. Jasper is going to be MUCH better especially after this year, they have some good groups coming up!
[/quote]
I wonder if that was why so many HC types applied for the job?

[quote name="j_dog" post="949719" timestamp="1295279689"]
[quote author=KFDM KERRY COOPER link=topic=77679.msg949716#msg949716 date=1295279182]
Yes they will. Jasper is going to be MUCH better especially after this year, they have some good groups coming up!
[/quote]
[/quote]Jasper is loaded for the next 3 to 4 year's and with a Great Coach takeing over I truly fell Jasper will be back on top!!

[quote name="Land95" post="949732" timestamp="1295281775"]
[quote author=j_dog link=topic=77679.msg949719#msg949719 date=1295279689]
[quote author=KFDM KERRY COOPER link=topic=77679.msg949716#msg949716 date=1295279182]
[/quote]
[/quote]Jasper is loaded for the next 3 to 4 year's and with a Great Coach takeing over I truly fell Jasper will be back on top!!
[/quote]
and if we get back on top, I hope our leaders now have figured out how to stay there!!

Many programs have coaching changes and the programs keep on winning.  I think the administration has to make good hires, and then let the hires run the program.  Too much meddling will ruin any program.  I do not know if that has been happening at Jasper, but I have heard non-specific rumors.  If it has been happening, now would be a good time for it to stop.  A good strong AD/HC could put a stop to that pronto.  I hope that is what we now have.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Raza012
    Newest Member
    Raza012

• That was an awesome video!  I feel so proud of these young men.  They proved the doubters wrong.  Bellville should be proud, too.  I know it didn't end like they had hoped, but we've been there, so we can definitely empathize with them.  Great season, Brahmas!
    • Meh.. Everyone knows this. The kid that got injured wasn't lifting weights. Supposedly he was hit with a helmet in his elbow. In my opinion the kid shouldn't have been put in that situation. AD should've told the Varsity baseball players to sit that one out. I have no issues with the lifting or conditioning. However, anytime helmets/pads are on there is a higher risk of injury. This AD showed a total lack of respect for HIS baseball program. 
    • Maybe.. however..  Many athletic director / head football coach have lost their job despite the athletic program as a whole being successful.. if the football team struggles.  On the other hand, when football teams are doing great but the rest of the program stinks.. AD/HFC still keeps their job. WOS.  Newton. .. programs as a whole were fairly weak during those many years of football power and very few people even knew it.  Or cared. Yet, AD/HFC kept their jobs for years. Meanwhile, I remember an AD/HFC at Barbers Hill lost his job after every program in the school won district championships and even had several team sports (baseball, softball, girls hoops, etc.) making runs at state.  But the football team was mediocre.  Fired. I'm not saying you're wrong, just that perception is reality.  And the perception is that your athletic program can suck as long as football wins.. it doesn't matter how strong the athletic program is if football sucks. 
    • 5A Bi-District Baseball: Friendswood vs. Nederland -Game 1: Thursday (May 2): 6:30pm -Game 2: Friday (May 3): 6:30pm -Game 3 (If Needed): Saturday (May 4): 12pm *All games at Goose Creek Memorial HS*
    • Baseball mafia can cry all they want but when the talent isn’t there it ain’t there lol
  • Topics